Positive Quotes

Options
Kekibird
Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
Hey Groupies.

Figured I post a running thread where we can post positive sayings and quotes to help motivate us. If you are feeling low or struggling, this will be the thread you can use to boost your positive out look.

Share your favorite quotes or positive sayings here. Even pictures if you can manage it :happy:

Replies

• Kekibird
    Options
    I'll get us started.

Strive for progress, not perfection. -Unknown
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I have a ton of these I've collected. They include:

“Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.” Mark Twain

“If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end.” Julius Erving

“Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.” Unknown Author

“It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.” Vince Lombardi

“My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure.” Milton Garland

“Never, never, never, never give up.” Winston Churchill

“No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.” Eleanor Roosevelt

“Not to have control over the senses is like sailing in a rudderless ship, bound to break to pieces on coming in contact with the very first rock.” Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

“Rule your mind or it will rule you.” Horace

“Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!” Jillian Michaels

“You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.” David Viscott

“The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!” Marvin Phillips

“Kites rise highest against the wind; not with it.” Sir Winston Churchill

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” Theodore Roosevelt

“Extraordinary people survive under the most terrible circumstances and they become more extraordinary because of it.” Robertson Davies

“It is better to wear out than to rust out.” Richard Cumberland

“Obstacles are those things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.” Hannah Moore

“There are only 2 choices; make progress or make excuses.” Ellen Mikesell

“You only ever grow as a human being if you’re outside your comfort zone.” Percy Cerutty

“Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” Beverly Sills

“Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible.” Frank L. Gaines

“The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” Oprah Winfrey

“First you fuel the desire, then the desire will fuel you.” Napoleon Hill

“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.” H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

“There is no failure in running, or in life, as long as you keep moving. It is not about speed or gold medals. It is about refusing to be stopped.” Ambry Burfoot

“If you haven’t got the time to do it right, when will you find the time to do it over?” Jeffery J. Mayer

“If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it’s OK. But you’ve got to shoot for something. A lot of people don’t even shoot.” Robert Townsend

“If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and every day you have the opportunity to write a new page” Mark Houlahan

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” Margaret Thatcher

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.” Charles A Beard

Enjoy!
  • littlemiss165
    Options
    I'll add something i am working on this week...

"Choose your attitude"

At home, at work, or with friends, you can choose what attitude you have going in to any situation, and how you react to things, either positive or negative
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When you stop trying to change others and work on changing yourself, your world changes for the better.
  • iamaclno
    Options
    I am not sure who said this but I have always loved the saying:

"Exceptions are made for exceptional people!"

You might think this does not pertain to fitness or weight loss but it really does. I used to believe more in myself and I had confidence that I could conquer the world and do anything! This attitude in my life really did lead to wonderful, exceptional experiences and opportunities. Over the years I have lost that confidence in myself and in my life (not completely but enough that I have noticed a difference.) This is the year for me to get my confidence back. I am expecting to be exceptional - I will be that exceptional person - again this year! This is the year of the dragon and this is going to be my year to get this magic back!

Thank you for creating a group for positive quotes and ideas and support! I love it!

14071488.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • karenyg
    karenyg Posts: 79
    Options
    "Begin the New Year determined to release all things you cannot control and fill each day improving upon those that you can."
    ~Carole Joy~
  • xselinazoex
    Options
    i love all these positive quotes! i will keep checking here when i need a boost!
  • iamaclno
    Options
    Oooh - I just found another good quote:

Steve Jobs:

"Life can be much broader once you discover on simple fact; that everything around you that you call life was made up by people no smarter than you...the minute you understand that, you can poke life; you can change it, you can mold it, embrace it, make your mark upon it. Once you learn that...you'll never be the same again."
  • Kekibird
    Options
    "To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." - Buddha
  • Kekibird
    Options
    The more I talk to athletes, the more convinced I become that the method of training is relatively unimportant. There are many ways to the top, and the training method you choose is just the one that suits you best. No, the important thing is the attitude of the athlete, the desire to get to the top. - Herb Elliot
  • PINKSPARKLEQUEEN1965
    Options
    yes very true thanks... this is a wonderful group.//:drinker:
  • PINKSPARKLEQUEEN1965
    Options
    Ringing in 2012 with every little step forword <3 to the fin line
  • judynunes
    judynunes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The greatest wealth is health.
    – Virgil

Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one.
    – Astrid Alauda

My fat scares me - it's a ticking time bomb.
    – Carrie Latet
  • Kekibird
    Options
    "There are only 2 choices; make progress or make excuses." - Ellen Mikesell
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    "There are only 2 choices; make progress or make excuses." - Ellen Mikesell
    I will take make Progress!!!:happy:
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Just as your car runs more smoothly and requires less energy to go faster and farther when the wheels are in perfect alignment, you perform better when your thoughts, feelings, emotions, goals, and values are in balance. - Brian Tracy
  • Kekibird
    Options
    “Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” Barbara De Angelis
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    “Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” Barbara De Angelis
    How very true!!! Love this one :heart: