Favourite/most hated exercise on 30DS level 1

Options
Angellore
Angellore Posts: 519 Member
What is your favourite and least favourite exercise on 30ds level 1 (not including warm up or cool down)?

I HATE jumping jacks. They kill me. I'm always gasping at the end of the first segment of them and them I have to do jump rope, more jumping jacks and more jump rope. Plus, I know I have another set to 'look forward' to at the end.

I think my favourite is the one where you lay down and drop the weights and bring them back up. I can get my breath back and fell how much stronger my arms are feeling.

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Yep, I love the chest fly too. I hate the forward lunges, hate them. i don't mind any of the cardio really, though it does kill me.
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Yep, I love the chest fly too. I hate the forward lunges, hate them. i don't mind any of the cardio really, though it does kill me.

I didn't know it was called chest fly. I'm puffing so hard by that point I can't really hear a word Jillian is saying!
  • mrsjoseywales29
    Options
    i hate the chest raise with side lunge, that kills me everytime. I would say my favorite is reverse crunch love it even though it kills me
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I love all the ab work - it's killer, but at least I can catch my breath while I'm doing it. The jump rope is probably my least favorite... I feel like my heart rate gets up high enough doing the strength work tyvm.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    i hate the chest raise with side lunge, that kills me everytime.

^Agreed, this is the only point in the workout when I actually yell at the screen, haha. My favorite part is all the ab work. Bicycles kill me but I love feeling the burn and knowing that those muscles actually are there - they're just hiding :)
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Another that despises the side lunge. I don't mind any of the cardio. My favorite is probably the second sets of crunches in the first circuit. Where you lift your legs up.
  • BIGGnSMALL
    BIGGnSMALL Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I cant get enough of the jumping jacks! Could do those forever!
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love the chest flys, but HATE the lateral lifts with the side lunge. And I really enjoy the ab work
  • CaboScotty
    CaboScotty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't like the first set of strength (pushups and squat presses). It just kills my arms and shoulders. I do really like the last long set of cardio, because my body is so loose and warmed up by that time, it just seems to me I could keep going forever, even though I am breathing hard when it does end.
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't like the first set of strength (pushups and squat presses). It just kills my arms and shoulders. I do really like the last long set of cardio, because my body is so loose and warmed up by that time, it just seems to me I could keep going forever, even though I am breathing hard when it does end.

I agree about the last set of cardio! I feel so pumped by then that I dont want it to be over! I do however hate the arm raises with lateral lunges! I have bad shoulder and so that kills me. I start raising at eye level and by the last sets I can barely raise my arms to shoulder level LOL!!!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I hate push-ups and I'm always glad to get that done first! I like the chest flys and the butt kicks for cardio.
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite would have to be the punches. It's low impact with a little bit of agression. I love boxing.
    I dread the side lunges and are raises. The lunges aren't that bad but by now my arms are like puddy and I struggle with it.
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    OMG, I hate doing the push up's and then the front leg lunges or whatever they're called. I feel so weak in my arms that push ups kick my butt - even the girly version. I only do about 10-15 and then I'm done. And those lunges, kills my knees but I try to keep doing the whole thing. My only problem with the jumping jacks and jump ropes is that I feel like I want to pee my pants, lol...
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I hate the first Cardio circuit Absolutely hate them. I am dying after the second group of jumping jacks. They don't bother me in the last circuit though. I love the strength training, I could do without the side lunge things but I don't hate it half as much as that first cardio circuit.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options

^Agreed, this is the only point in the workout when I actually yell at the screen, haha. My favorite part is all the ab work. Bicycles kill me but I love feeling the burn and knowing that those muscles actually are there - they're just hiding :)

with both of you 100% hate those things and the push ups....i never know if i have my arms in the right place...:/
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options

with both of you 100% hate those things and the push ups....i never know if i have my arms in the right place...:/
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

Me too! Hate push- ups and the anterior raises/side lunges!!
    Love the abs, punches and chest fly!

Great work and dedication everyone! I am so thankful for this group, it really keeps me motivated and accountable!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    side lunges most definitely..longest minute and half in my life!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I HATE HATE HATE the first cardio circuit all that jumping causes my quads and calves to fail. I like the ab work though.
  • LydiaVance
    LydiaVance Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I DETEST the front lunges in the second strength set. It makes my legs feel like they are on FIRE. However, that said, I love the butt kicks that follow them because I feel like I get to stretch my legs out again. I also have a very hard time with the side lunges. Actually, here's some advice:

For those of you struggling with the side lunges (like me), I found that if I slow them down slightly (and dont quite follow the ladies' pace), then I am able to last longer without giving up and needing an arm break. That has been how I am battling that issue.

Love the ab work. Love most of the cardio (except jump rope because my calves are on fire).