Nutrionally Accountable

Options
Since we have the TBB Forum to post our exercise accountability (mainly) so I propose this thread for nutrition accountability (mainly).

True to form since my very first experience with P90X I am finding the nutrition side of the equation the hardest. I have reset my food goals to Fatshredder 2.0 specs on the B level:
2400 cals
164 g Carbs
300 g Proteins.

So far - haven't done it, although my proteins have been more than carbs. Will keep plugging away and will find the magic combo.

Replies

• garmfield
    Options
    Great idea, I just wish it had a subscribe like the TBB threads have.

I'm doing phase 1 as well. 300g of protein is ridiculous, although like you I am keeping my protein percentage higher than my carbs. I'm lucky if I get to 200g of protein.

Greg
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I read it but obviously missed that bit 300g WOW, Gotta be impossible, I was under the understanding that unless you are a competition Bodybuilder, 200g was more than enough. I find that a near impossibility :(

Russ
  • jpark1948
    Options
    Yeah, 300 is crazy. I got up to 207 g of protein today. 182 of carbs. What I liked about the Sparkpeople app was it tracked these nutrients via a pie chart. Made more sense to me. Well, we'll keep plugging away.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    JD I contacted MFP about a pie chart type breakdown & they assurred me it was something they were looking to incorporate in further updates BUT that was Oct/Nov time, so.....

Russ
  • jpark1948
    Options
    Good to know Russ, thanks.

Break even day on the nutrition front for me today. Ended up eating my exercise as my girlfriend (LookoutLIsa on this board, Lisa in real life) and I joined up with some of her family for trivia night at Applebee's. Learned to not have the appetizer next time. However, our team - Zombie Pocket Clips - were the grand champions for the evening.
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    Break even day on the nutrition front for me today. Ended up eating my exercise as my girlfriend (LookoutLIsa on this board, Lisa in real life) and I joined up with some of her family for trivia night at Applebee's. Learned to not have the appetizer next time. However, our team - Zombie Pocket Clips - were the grand champions for the evening.

Yes, I ate my exercise and a bit more unfortunately... however I have been under all week so hopefully this will help to even it out. Team Zombie Pocket Clips did great, thanks to J.D. and my pop culture knowledgeable nieces!
  • dgkjek
    dgkjek Posts: 5
    Options
    FYI, the MFP mobile app has a pie chart feature--a daily and a weekly one. it shows the percentage breakdown for carbs, fat, and protein. very handy when i need to see how far off i am from the goal percentages i set.
  • LookoutLisa
    Options
    FYI, the MFP mobile app has a pie chart feature--a daily and a weekly one. it shows the percentage breakdown for carbs, fat, and protein. very handy when i need to see how far off i am from the goal percentages i set.
    Which app are you using? We cant seem to find it on our Andriod apps... thanks!
  • jpark1948
    Options
    It was a good week on the nutrition front. Did not hit my protein 'goal' but had a higher ratio of proteins to carbs for the week. Ran out of protein powder. Off to costco I guess...
  • dgkjek
    dgkjek Posts: 5
    Options
    Which app are you using? We cant seem to find it on our Andriod apps... thanks!

I use the ipod app. maybe they don't have available in all formats? :(
  • jpark1948
    Options
    Looks that way. Bummer. Is there a way to share meals with the iPad app? Not so much with android or the web based app.