January/February Conversation Thread

Options
Hello all and welcome to all new members!

Please feel free to use this thread for daily conversations and to get to know one another.

Have a good day and remember success is never giving up! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Sorry Mollie I am still getting used to the new format here. Thanks for starting the group for us! I'm back on track and trying to get through the sugar cleanse period. Another couple days and I should be good again. Been so far off the wagon for the past 2 months that I ended up in someone else's wagon train.:laugh:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Sorry Mollie I am still getting used to the new format here. Thanks for starting the group for us! I'm back on track and trying to get through the sugar cleanse period. Another couple days and I should be good again. Been so far off the wagon for the past 2 months that I ended up in someone else's wagon train.:laugh:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly,

I am struggling silently. I have a therpist session next Wednesday. Thanks for asking. I am beat tonight so just checking in.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm frustrated too. My head injury keeps me from working out and also makes me think I'm hungry all the time. Not a good combination!
  • JuJuGee
    Options
    Yikes, what did you do to your head?
  • MacMadame
    Options
    I crashed my bike and hit my head. If I hadn't had a helmet, I would have died. Well, I'm assuming because the helmet cracked.

Anyway, now I seem to have Post-Concussion Syndrome which means random headaches and working out makes it worse.
  • mamaholt80
    Options
    I'm getting ready for my Lap Band surgery,I'm on a liquid diet now.So far,so good.

Hope you're feeling better,MacMadame.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Daily Inspiration for January 19, 2012
    Katie Jay, MSW

Strike back.

Decadent desserts grace the covers of magazines in the checkout lane, not to mention the array of candy displayed there. Everything is super-sized, and tantalizing smells fill the air. We are encouraged to eat seconds, and how can we pass on dessert? And what about the well-meaning person who declares, "One bite can't hurt."

Yes, it can! The world will try to sabotage your efforts. From the spouse that leaves food lying around the house to the person pushing samples at the grocery store, you are under attack. Your armor is your resolve, and your mouth is your sword. When the saboteur strikes, strike back with these powerful words: "No, thank you."

Action for the day: Develop a strategy to deal with the abundance of food surrounding you--write it down in your journal. Make some guidelines by which you can sustain your new life. Review them often.

© 2009, Katie Jay. All rights reserved.
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Hey, the US Figure Skating Championships are in town and I have an "All Event" Ticket! I was there yesterday for a bit for the first official practices and today was all the Novice events part 1 and Junior Men part 1. Tomorrow is Novice Events Part 2 (followed by awards) and then Junior Ladies Pt 1. After that the schedule gets less grueling.

I'm having fun though!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hey, the US Figure Skating Championships are in town and I have an "All Event" Ticket! I was there yesterday for a bit for the first official practices and today was all the Novice events part 1 and Junior Men part 1. Tomorrow is Novice Events Part 2 (followed by awards) and then Junior Ladies Pt 1. After that the schedule gets less grueling.

I'm having fun though!

Thanks for reminding me this will be on soon! Enjoy!! I also am a big fan of Figure Skating!
  • puttingmyselfoutthere
    Options
    Hello everyone! :D
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    How is it going? I do not know if I told you that I got my Zumba instructor's license last month. Last Sunday, I got my Zumba Gold instructor's license. On Feb. 10 I am getting my Aqua Zumba license and on Feb. 24 I am getting my Zumba Toning license. I hope to start teaching by this summer. I still have to get my liability insurance, music licenses, and a sound system. I am going to work on getting my group training certification and my aquatic exercise certification by the end of the year.
  • mamaholt80
    Options
    That's great Kelly!I love Zumba!!
  • sandyj07
    Options
    Hi All,

I haven't been on in a long time as I moved and am now trying to adjust. How's everyone doing? I'm glad the strand was started. I had a lapband put in two years ago and have only lost 40 lbs. I've start using the website again to help me get back on track. I'd appreciate any support you can give me.

• MacMadame
    Options
    I'm back from the US Figure Skating championship. I had a blast and lost a few pounds too.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi All,

I haven't been on in a long time as I moved and am now trying to adjust. How's everyone doing? I'm glad the strand was started. I had a lapband put in two years ago and have only lost 40 lbs. I've start using the website again to help me get back on track. I'd appreciate any support you can give me.

Welcome!! Sad to say but the group has not been very active at all so your best bet is send friend invites out to build up your support group. MFP does work if you work it. But you have to be willing to seek out support and be supportive also. Good luck to you!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    What are your goals for February? Please share.

My goal is to exercise 1000 plus minutes and to lose at least 8 pounds.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Work up to 6 mile runs, 3x a week. I'm at 5 now.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm back from the US Figure Skating championship. I had a blast and lost a few pounds too.

Very cool! What did you do there?
This discussion has been closed.