slimming world

Options
any members on here?

Replies

• Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used to be! I did their online system red/green days and it worked in part, but my problem with portion control and SW was not a good way to combat that, as generally you can eat lots! i prefer to calorie count as it makes most sense to me!

Happy to answer any questions, (if you have any) and hope you find othe SWs to join you on your journey!

T
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I used to do it lost 3 stone then put it all back on I don't find it sustainable for me but it works if you can stick to it
  • KarlDR
    KarlDR Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to be! I did their online system red/green days and it worked in part, but my problem with portion control and SW was not a good way to combat that, as generally you can eat lots! i prefer to calorie count as it makes most sense to me!

Same here, I did it for a while and I can see that it would work for people who eat the wrong foods rather than eat too much - but that's not me! I find counting calories much more suitable.
  • MJTJ
    MJTJ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a member of a SW group. It seems to work for me!
  • wildwelshrock
    Options
    I just left SW It didn't work for me at all,on saying that some friends lost 10 stone and 7 stone in a year..

I just joined slimtone started in Wales.....so far it is great Calorie counting....Let you know how I get on ...
  • pineapple1989
    pineapple1989 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    A lot of my friends at work are on Slimming World, I perfer to Calorie Count but I do use the recipies from time to time as they have a lot of variety and can generally be used for my own diet as long as its not too often!
  • sixfootaliw
    Options
    I did SW a few years back and it works. However the pattern of red or green days is not sustainable in the long term and I gained it all back and more. The lessons I am learning through MFP and calorie counting are much more realistic for the longer term, so I hope this time it will stick!

Ali
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I always lost well doing SW green days, as i'm not fussed about meat. But I did find it made me obsess about food, and what naughty things I could 'spend' my syns on...i'd rather use them on chocolate than olive oil! I don't think for me, it's a long term plan, Trying to eat healthy and natural now, no need for chocolate and crisps every day even if it is 'allowed' !

I lost 12.5lbs on it very recently though so it does work!
  • edina2
    edina2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been doing SW for over 5yrs, lost 4stone 3lb but put on over a stone from a holiday and Christmas. I love the plan, changed my life, but I'm aware of my calorie intake. Going through pre-menopause and Dr recommended I watch my intake of calories with my metabolism slowing down. Still follow plan along with MFP