New to Keto :.. What's *reasonable?*

Options
I've seen the ratios posted and that type of thing, but how does that relate to *actual* food? Would someone more experienced mind posting a general "meal plan" that they've used? My husband is a fan of the "eat all of the meat and cheese you want!" idea, but I know there's got to be more to it than that.

Replies

• Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ohh cute puppy!!! (now that that is out of the way lol)

You can check my diary if you friend me. Mine is pretty decent before the holidays. Some people can seem to not calorie count. But make sure there are loads of veggies in with that meat and cheese!

I try to keep my ratios good first, calories second. I have found my body loves ketosis and doesn't get kicked out even when I eat 5 homemade peanut butter bars with 4 glasses of wine on Christmas day... So I bumped up my carbs to 10% even if it slows my loss I am ok as under 20g was hard to do (I am aiming for under 1310 cals a day, so 5% was 19g I think) YMMV
  • Justforthebacon
    Justforthebacon Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey if you want to friend me as well you can check out my food. My husband and I have been doing Keto since the end of Nov and we make every meal. I try and stay under 16g - 20g of carbs a day and I don't find it hard at all. I do need to add more veggies though. My husband made some dark chocolate almond flour cookies last night and they were AMAZING. Anyway if you need ideas you are opening to checking out my logs.
  • addictedtobubbles
    Options
    For the most part you can eat "normally". Like for me, breakfast is usually eggs with cheese, bacon and coffee. Lunch is a salad with ranch, bacon or chicken, and a few mixed veggies and cheese. Dinner is a meat with veggies and usually cheese. Snacks vary from cheese, nuts, pb and celery, etc. Can you tell I like cheese? Haha. I also aim for less than 20 carbs/ day. Usually hit that target pretty easily!