Sleeping in corpse pose

Options
rmwinters
rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
Hi everyone, since I started practicing on a regular basis I have changed my sleeping habits. I start off resting in corpse pose (with a very flat pillow) and can remain in this position all night and I sleep great. The problem is with my husband that says that I sleep like a mummy and never "snuggle" lol. Once when I shared a hotel room they poked me because they thought something happened to me.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is sleeping this way good?

Replies

• yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    ^^LOL! It doesn't happen to me but there's always someone in class who starts snoring during shavasana. Must be really relaxed:)

If you're sleeping great, it must be good. I knew a girl who slept like that but with her arms crossed like a mummy...all night...it used to freak people out too.;)
  • breadnwine
    Options
    Last night in class someone was gently snoring next to me in shavasana.. :happy: So, I'm thinking that if that pose is that comfortable.. do it! You can always make snuggle time, and still sleep really well! My hubby says I frequently end up on my back with my arms thrown over my head sleeping. He doesn't know how I do it.. I personally cannot get quite that relaxed in the studio to fall asleep.. but maybe one day! :flowerforyou:
  • nikirtehsuxlol
    nikirtehsuxlol Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you feel supported? Sometimes I cant sleep in corpse pose because my bed doesnt really support me in the same way the ground does. Anyways, the unintended consequences are kind of funny!

I love when people doze off during savasana.

Sometimes during savasana I go FAR FAR AWAY but Im not asleep, but people are already back up in the sitting position and I'm like Oh s**t where was I just then?!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I don't doze off in yoga class, but at home I go into Shavasana to go to sleep, and since I've gotten back into yoga that always seems to help me go straight to sleep.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i heard it's best to sleep on your back, but i would make put a pillow underneath my knees, it's better for your low back.. also make sure the pillow you sleep on has good neck suppoer (my chiro recently reminded me)!!! i sleep on my back now too..