Motivation!

Options
Kimbosbc
Kimbosbc Posts: 143 Member
I know that each of us has different reasons for trying to lose our weight. I am just trying to get to know everyone and want you to share with me what your biggest motivation is. Whether it be the photo of that super model, that little black dress or your kids, etc. I wil start:

My biggest motivation is to have a baby. My husband and I have been trying for 4 years. A dear friend has just offered to fund fertility treatments for us and it finally hit me that I am not healthy enough. Some treatments require a certain BMI range which I am completely out of. I am working to get to that number as my goal but want to go so much further.

Replies

• Angie150
    Options
    I have 3 motivations. The first is my kids. I have two daughters who are at an age where weight is beginning to be an issue. I want to be a good example for them. My second is my service. I serve in my state's Guard and my excessive weight is holding back my career. I am now an Non-commissioned officer but will not be promoted until I am at a healthy weight again. I also want to be an example for my troops. I can't ask them to do things that I am not physically able to do myself. My third is my passion, soccer. I had to stop playing because of the stress on my joints. I am the commissioner over a soccer association and lead over 700 kids. I want to be an example to all my kids!
  • Kimbosbc
    Options
    Wow Angie! Those are some really good motivations. Thank you for your service. I know that you never hear that enough.
  • HeyHeyRae
    Options
    Motivations.... let's see... Yeah I'd say I have two motivations. One is understandable, the other is totally superficial. My first reason is the pain in my back. I'm so sick of being in constant pain at work. The members can see it on my face and ask me about it all the time and when I tell them I have injuries to my spine they always say "Well no offense honey but you should try to lose weight." I want to say "Yeah, no **** dude," but I'd like to keep my job so I silently cry in the bathroom or in my car about how embarrassing it is. That brings me to the second motivation: sexiness. I want to be sexy. I want to find myself attractive. I fully believe that until you love yourself and believe you are an attractive person you will never have a special someone in your life. I'm not happy, I don't love myself, and I don't find myself attractive and therefore have no significant other in my life. I can't blame men for not being attracted to me physically. I know what I look like. And I get the, "I love hanging out with you and talking to you and you're really awesome, but I don't see us as more than friends" all the time. I spend so much time with these guys you'd think we WERE dating, but we're not because of my weight. And I don't hold that against them because unfortunately I'm the same way about guys. I like bigger guys, but if a guy my size was trying to date me, I'd probably want him to lose weight. I fear for my health enough, I don't need to fear for his too. So yeah... there it is. The understandable (relieve some pressure on my back) and the superficial (not be alone anymore). That's me: Heather Rae
  • Kimbosbc
    Options
    Heather,

I have to admit that I also have a superficial motivation. I think that we all do, if we are being truly honest. Mine is that I fantasize about my "Big Reveal" at the end of this journey. The posting of my before and after pictures and knowing that I did it and look amazing. That is my superficial reason. Super models are popular and make tons of money for a reason, we all want to look like them.
  • Angie150
    Options
    Thanks Kim, serving is a wonderful part of my life. I hope you will have wonderful success with your fertility. Being a mommy is awesome!
    Heather, I don't think it is superficial at all. We all want to look our best. I have a motto I have been repeating..."Making the outside look like the inside!" And as a hopeless romantic, I believe there is someone out there for you!!!!

We will get there ladies!
  • Angie150
    Options
    Sorry that posted twice!
  • dawnkemp58
    dawnkemp58 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to be able to walk without back pain, fit into clothes that are not sold in "fat lady shoppes", and just feel better.
    I am 53 and my weight is my problem with my health.

I struggle all the time.....
  • Kimbosbc
    Options
    My motivation is to be able to walk without back pain, fit into clothes that are not sold in "fat lady shoppes", and just feel better.
    I am 53 and my weight is my problem with my health.

I struggle all the time.....

I really hope that together we can help to make the stuggle easier for you. You have great motivation!
  • sweet302
    sweet302 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi everyone... im new here. my motivation is my 9 month old son. i was on bed rest the entire 9 months before he came. i suffered form crazy intense back pain and couldn't keep anything down except for greasy foods. hence the 100 pounds i gained in 9 short months. he is growing up so fast and i want to be able to do things with him with out getting so tired. im only 24! i used to be a sports girl in high school. i haven't been able to see any of my old friends because im so depressed that i have to explain to them how and why i look so different. the other day i saw someone i hadn't seen in a long time and they didn't even recognize me. that hurt. i cried... i was at a funeral so i didn't have to go and hide, but still! anyways that's why im doing this.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have lots of reasons to lose weight, Out live my mom who died young cause she didnt take care of her health issues, get off my many blood psi meds, see my kids have kids, not be tired when walking around a park, be able to go on the cool rides with my kids and be able to buckle belt, not have to sweat flying south west airlines cause im large. HMM oh and tell that smug MFer we all know who diets and loses weight then gains it back and talks down to you, yep looks like you found the weight I lost. ok feeling much better. .
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My motivation is me. Yes, I want to be healthy and get out of the pre-diabetes range among other lab tests but ultimately I do want to look as sexy as I feel. I don't have low self esteem. I believe I am attractive. I'm not being vain it's how I truly feel. With that being said I want my body to match my inside. I do want to wear the sexy clothes, and look in the mirror and say "I did it!" I want to finish what I started and be proud of the accomplishment!
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am sort of in the same boat Kim. I want to have kids but my husband says unless we are healthier and able to care for kids without having to sit down and use an oxygen tank (which is a huge exaggeration, but I get the point) he doesn't want to. I found out last month that I am type II diabetes which can be controlled without medicine by diet and exercise, I am just no to that point yet.

I want to be able to do things without having the limitations that I have now.