Oopsies?

Options
Hi All :-) Im new to the group and the LC.. One of MFP friends posted about Primal eating and once I read the info. I was hooked. Anyway Ive been LC going on the second week and im already having a hard time with out bread :-/ I stumpled upon weight watchers bread in the market which has 8 carbs for one slice however I think thats a little high and to be honest its nasty tasting :-( I saw a link to a LC starter guide posted so I browsed the sight and they mentioned something called Oopsies but the link they had to the website no longer works. Anyone try them? Where do you get them (im in the US)? and do you have any alternatives you like to use for bread.

Thanks guys :-) B.

Replies

• bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    hey! they are an AWESOME alternative. I'm very low carb so theyre a God send for my burgers! haha Its just 3 eggs at room temp, cream cheese still cold-3oz and a pinch of cream tartar. Blend the yolks with the cream tartar until stiff peaks, blend the yolks with the cream cheese (you can add spices or sweetners depending on what you're using them for) and than fold together gently, dollop out one greased pan for 6 buns and bake for 30min at 300*F let them set out and cool over night to get stable again and they are just 2g carbs for each bun!! it's amazing! and its sturdy enough for my greasy burgers and still soft and chewy like bread. I usually add a pinch of paprika and thyme in mine.

ENJOY!
  • blondierunner2015
    blondierunner2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'll use lettuce wrapped around burgers or chicken salad or whatever. I eat fajitas with no tortilla, but occasionally eat a low carb tortilla. You can make fathead pizza or breadsticks...(google that one...it's pretty great! I miss bread, too. But bread does not like me...at all. I have seen a cucumber sliced for the bread for a sandwich. There is such a thing as low carb bread, but it's pretty expensive, you can order it online. I believe Atkins may sell it? Stick with it...the craving will go away.
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I whisk three eggs to stiff peaks with a pinch of salt.
    Whisk the yolks with 100g cream cheese.
    Fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
    Spoon into six potions and bake.

Sometimes it's nice to have something to make into a sandwich. I had a fire egg one the other day, it was delish :)
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Love oopsie rolls, but haven' t had them in a couple years. I'll have to get the recipe out and make a batch or two.
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Do these freeze well? I dont think I'd go through 6 very quickly.
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Just divide the recipe by 3, you then only got 2 to eat / store.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    It isn't a functional alternative to bread, but I find cauliflower, tossed with olive oil and seasoning, and slowly roasted until it's browned and chewy, to be a comfort food substitute for bread. The taste is somewhere between bread and french fries.
  • MilllieMoo
    MilllieMoo Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I froze one to test. Wasnt impressed.
    They are very light and airy. You'd use two for a 'sandwich'.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I avoided the alternatives (oopsies, desserts....) until I felt I had full control over food. I was scared that replacements would keep cravings going. I don't fault anyone for trying them, but felt they weren't for me. Now, I have no desire to even try them. :blush:

The only experience I have with "keto recipes" is the chocolate mousse and I see cravings start with it. I've made it a total of three times (if there are leftovers, they call to me!) since beginning this woe last March. I'm sure to have no leftovers if I make it now! :smile:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    They are very light and airy. I have used then to make Turkey sandwiches with spicy mayo and cheese, they were great. For burgers I use a leaf of lettuce same for tacos. Others I have seen make the fathead pizza crust and cut that to make sandwiches. I suspect that would make a delicious panini.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I avoided the alternatives (oopsies, desserts....) until I felt I had full control over food. I was scared that replacements would keep cravings going. I don't fault anyone for trying them, but felt they weren't for me. Now, I have no desire to even try them. :blush:

The only experience I have with "keto recipes" is the chocolate mousse and I see cravings start with it. I've made it a total of three times (if there are leftovers, they call to me!) since beginning this woe last March. I'm sure to have no leftovers if I make it now! :smile:

Same here. I avoided the Keto versions of high carb foods because they were still too many carbs for my goals and I wasn't going to adjust the goals to fit it in, and also because some of the recipes have expensive ingredients and complicated recipes. I'm not a fan of cooking from a recipe. Lol
    The only exceptions I've made were to make a low carb cheesecake for my birthday and low carb desserts for holidays using jello pudding and cream and cream cheese. And I found that when I make those, I can expect absolute zero progress on weight loss during that time.
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I made the crackers on elanaspantry.com to satisfy the bread cravings. I made "tortillas" for tacos from the same website too. I have made each recipe only once. After 6 weeks, I don't have the cravings I used to.