Welcome

Options
For those of you that ride you know there is nothing that beats getting out in the open and rolling back on the throttle feeling the speed and freedom of riding. I for one also love to wear all the cute tops and chaps, etc. that make you look and feel awesome while cruising down the road. Well, it seems that over the past few years I have gained a few pounds and things aren't looking so "cute" when I put them on. My husband and I love to have fun, riding, eating, drinking, and just enjoying life. This year we have decided that our adventures will take us to Sturgis in the fall. The only problem is that I have seen all the pictures of hot guys and gals strutting their stuff at the rallies and I really don't want my picture next to them right now if you know what I mean. So, I have come to the realization that the only thing holding me back is me and that if I want to look and feel good while doing all the things I enjoy I have to take charge. My husband agrees and so we have started going to our new local gym, with lots of friends and family going too, and we are watching our diet. I am hoping that using the tools here and elsewhere as wellas talking with others with similar interests, goals, and desires will help me stay on course, which in my case also means on the highway! Looking for words of encouragement and inspiration as well as maybe some new riding friends!

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Welcom to MFP. Good luck on reaching your goals.

I have a couple runs coming up this year as well. "Good Vibrations" to Salem, Oregon in June. "Street Vibrations" to Reno in September. Bunch of other local ones here in the Northwest, plus I may go to my Class Reunion on my Bike this year.
  • Tamber1969
    Tamber1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @ cseemann69

"I for one also love to wear all the cute tops and chaps, etc. that make you look and feel awesome while cruising down the road. Well, it seems that over the past few years I have gained a few pounds and things aren't looking so "cute" when I put them on. "

I HEAR YA SISTA!!!!! :tongue:
  • claudined
    Options
    I am psyched about this group!!!
    My chaps were snug when I put them on this fall...made me miserable. So here I am! I live in MA so no riding for a few months for me, but I want to look good when I get back on my bike.
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to find this group, I do not ride my own bike, I ride with my husband on our Harley. I hope to ride my own bike someday (after my kids are grown.) I do not like struggling to get on or off the bike. I can not wait to lose this weight and go riding this summer looking HOT!!!
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome idea for a group.

As for me I, I ride with my husband. Its hard for me to get on the back. As a matter of fact at the start of this weight loss journey my doctor gave me a paper that asked me to list 12 reasons why I want to loose weight. The first thing that came to mind was 'to get on & off the bike with ease'

I look forward to connecting with you all & plan to check in often. :smile:
  • cseemann69
    cseemann69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and I hope you have awesome rides.
  • lclowe0808
    lclowe0808 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone! :smile:

My name is Linda and I'm a biker chick. The love of motorcycling brought my hubby and I together some 7 years ago. I had my own bike for a while until the arthritis interferred too much so I sold it. Don't anyone start throwing stones at me, but my goal in life is to own my own 3-wheeled Spyder. My husband and I are avid HD fans. He owned for 22 years until he got 2 bikes that were duds so now he rides a BMW (I can't believe I'm saying this in mixed company). The BMW is extremely tall (it was hard enough getting on the back of a bagger) and I can't get on his bike. It was very distressing. I've just had bariatric surgery and motorcycling was one of the decision points in making that decision. Hopefully when I see my hubby in May (he still lives in England), I will be able to hop on the back of his bike (otherwise it's a rental car....LOL).

In years past he's come over and we've rented a Harley and have gone to some wonderful wonderful places in the east and out west (we ended up buying land in Arizona). There's nothing like riding. Even though I was overweight, I had all sorts of cute HD tops and when I gained the extra weight, they've been folded up in the drawer unworn for quite a while. I can hardly wait to start wearing my little tops again along with a pair of jeans that I look half-way decent in. I hope to show up at Heathrow in May look more fabulous than I have in a long time with all my HD get-up on.

This is a great idea for a group. We can all encourage each other to look fierce and fabulous on our rides!

Linda
  • yulinerinwang
    yulinerinwang Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm so happy to find this group! And love the group name :p

I just bought my first bike last year, a sexy sv650. Hope I could lose couple of pounds and look as sexy as my bike!

And this goal is to be achieved before next riding season!
  • mapinkerton
    Options
    Hi everybody! I bought my 2006 Harley Low Rider almost 2 years ago. I used to ride back in the 70's. Hubby bought his 2009 Harley Fat Boy almost 3 years ago, We ride together, we ride with others, I ride with other women, and I ride by myself. I just started working part-time at a local independent motorcycle shop.
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    great idea for a group. I live in Florida so am fortunate enough to ride almost all year long. My chaps were tight this fall, so I've got to tone up and slim down. I have been riding since the 70's and we love to take long trips on the bike. My husband and I run a local group here, very casual - just friends with all kinds of bikes. My longest trip to date is 5000 miles from Palatka, FL to Las Vegas, NV. Then up through colorado and back.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's posts!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I noticed my leathers were a little tight across my stomach this year. Gotta do something about that! Looking forward to see everyones successes & adventures!

JM
  • klynthom
    klynthom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to find other riders on this website! I have been riding since 1996. I have a 2002 Road King and a 2006 Ultra Classic! I have gained alot of weight and can't fit into any of my leathers, so it is time for a change! Glad to be in your group, thank you!
  • speednut
    Options
    Hi all!
    Glad to find this group. Good luck to all with your weight goals. Maybe we can schedule a ride this summer? I'm in East Central Indiana. I'm 50 and my wife & I both ride. This winter weather is killing me!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I'm Sherri and I live in Wisconsin, just south east of Milwaukee.

One of the big reasons I wanted to start losing weight is because hubby and I dont fit too well together on a bike anymore.

We got married almost 6 years ago. We had a cool little "biker" wedding with a celebratory ride after the ceremony with most of the wedding party and about 20 other guests. Then after packing up the saddle bags we went on our honeymoon, putting on 1500 miles that week 2-up on his Sportster.

Fellas, dont knock the Sportster, he loves his bike. Got 150,000+ on a 2002.

Anyways, shortly after that he encouraged me to start riding and now I've got my own Harley which I'm falling in love with. But I really really miss riding 2-up with him. I miss that closeness we had.
    We've both put on many pounds since we got married and although we've had some short rides together, I want to be able to take some trips 2-up if we want to. Or at least an option of riding 2-up once we reach our destination if we ride separately.

I'm very blessed that he is doing this with me, we are continually supportive of each other, share food ideas for better meals, keep each other on track and workout together - heck, we do practically everything together, I love it! :happy:

We have lots of other outdoor interests besides bikes, still tryin to figure out how to get our bow cases on the bikes so we can ride to our hunting spots! :tongue:

Thanks for this group, he is going to like this for sure!
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Badd Bob. Riding for longer than I can remember. Own a 08' Crossbones and a '09 Street Glide. Just ordered a '12 Road Glide CVO Custom. It should be here in a few weeks. You can check out pictures of my bikes on my profile. I especially love the Crossbones Bobber, affectionately known as the "Badd Bobber."

I'm a member of B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse) which is an international organization with chapters in 6 countries (soon to be 8) and 38 states. We ride to remove the fear from abused children. We will ride through the gates of Hell to save an abused child.

I'm here to improve my health as bikers generally have a lower life expectancy than the general population. I've lost 22 pounds so far with the help of by MFP friends. Glad to have found this group.

BB
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kevin. I haven't rode since 2 bad accidents in 11/05 and 5/06. The first on the street, 2nd on a track. Only rode once since then and that was a toy run. My goal is to get back into shape in an effort to fight my severe fatigue problem that resulted from the accidents. The goal is to be on the track at least once in 2013.
  • baddbob
    Options
    Good luck getting back in the saddle. Most guys my age walk with some sort of limp from putting a biker down at some point. Be careful and ease back in. Welcome to the board.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't walk with a limp, at least not a permant one but it does take a little time to get all the kinks out. And I can forcast weather changes. lol.
  • baddbob
    Options
    I can forecast weather changes with my shoulder. I tore my rotator about a year ago in the gym and it still hasn't healed quite right. Every time some rain heads our way, I can feel it about 12 hours ahead of time. I can't do the racing bit on a bike. I'm good going 90-95 mph on the interstate, but that's about it. I'll leave the riding on the tracks to the young bucks.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump