Week 1

Options
Sairasac
Sairasac Posts: 12 Member
Ok so after the FIT test I thought this wouldn't be as difficult as I had thought....I was so wrong! I was dreading today's workout because just the word 'plyometric' scares me. I have to say I was pretty whooped by the end of the warm up. I was doing the workout on my own pace because there's no way I can keep up with the the class. I'm not discouraged though because I was just as bad when I started TurboFire. How was your first class?

Replies

• Armycane
    Options
    I enjoyed the first work out, I did the class in the afternoon. I tend to enjoy working out in the morning, but I did a race walk this morning. The movements/activities to me is more of how I trained when I was working out with my group. the ski/plank jumps-in out were my least fav, but I know that I will keep up with the class.
  • summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I started a few days earlier and finished Day 5 (Pure Cardio) this morning, the hardest one yet so far. I took a rest day after day 2 because I had terrible ankle pain from all the jumping, but I think my body has adjusted and I'm hoping I won't have to take any unplanned rest day.
  • Sairasac
    Options
    @Summergreen84....it's going to get HARDER!!!!!? lol

I think I may not have been ready for this workout because it seems other people are having better luck but I'm still going to muddle through because I really think I need this high intensity workout.

Day 2 could've been easier if my body wasn't so sore. I was having a hard time in the warm up but them my muscles warmed up and it got easier. I'm thinking of doing it again tonight so I can get a better workout in. Also, I've been doing TurboFire and Hip Hop Abs at the same time before I started Insanity so I feel like I'm not burning enough calories.

I was able to do the jumps and the first part of the workout but was having a hard time with the globe jumps. In the Fit test it was o.k because we were taking a break in between each move, but doing the jumps right after another move. I'll be so happy when I can do the whole workout with taking an additional break.
  • rn134good
    Options
    no one can keep up with the video. They are doing it at their pace in the video. That is why they show them sweating and panting and really feeling tired, even taking a brake if they need to. That is one reason I like this program. It shows that it is hard for even the professional and that if you are not able to keep up you don't need to. The workouts they do on it can be done at any pace so no matter how fit or not fit you are they can be done. Just keep it up bc u will see urself get better in time.
  • shellym27
    Options
    Before I started this program I thought "I can do these workouts with no problem" boy, wasI wrong!!. I have only done the Fit Test and it kicked my butt.
  • summergreen487
    Options
    I just takes breaks when I need to and jump back in when I'm ready. Some days I feel the need to take more breaks then others, but my heart rate is up the whole time and that is what matters I figure.
  • Sairasac
    Options
    Good to hear others are doing it on their own pace too...I did notice that the people in the video were also taking breaks. This program is really well designed...I really needed the stretching of day 3, not that this was easy but it was still a much needed break for my sore muscles!
  • Lavern77
    Lavern77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm having to stop alot, but I know that as time goes by I will get stronger and take less breaks. I stop just long enough to catch my breath, but my heart rate stills stays up so I should still be burning fat/calories. I'm having to modify the pushups right now because my arms are pretty weak. Today my muscles are so sore I feel like I'm 100 years old!
  • summergreen487
    Options
    I finished Day 5 last night. It was the Plyometric circuit again. It actually felt harder this time. Today is my rest day and my body definitely needs it.
  • rosavasquez
    Options
    you guys are scaring me lol, me and my boyfriend are starting tomorrow...I just had a baby and have to lose like 40 lbs. I'll comment again after we start if I have the energy to type.
  • dancer4life627
    dancer4life627 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I really struggled through the cardio power & resistance last night. I had to take quite a few breaks & was extremely tough, I personally think it had something to do with not getting enough sleep. I'm ready tonight though! I'm not only doing the cardio recovery but I'm adding on another 30 min workout a friend suggested I try tonight.
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Today was day 4 Pure Cardio....done! And it kicked my butt! Man I love Insanity :tongue:
  • Jamiebaby05
    Jamiebaby05 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today was also my day 4....Pure Cardio. I literally pushed my way through this one today. I was feeling really weak and tired and i am having to modify my push ups as well till my arms get stronger, but i felt great after and i am excited to see myself in a month from now and see how much stronger i will become. We can all do this, just stay positive, take a break when you need it, then jump back in. DIG DEEP....you really have to!
  • Sebnem123
    Sebnem123 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hello everyone... I started Insanity program on 1/1/12 and I have just seen this group so i decided to join.... I finished my 5 th day today...
  • summergreen487
    Options
    Just started week 2. Seems like I'm needing more breaks not less. Go figure.
  • Sairasac
    Options
    you guys are scaring me lol, me and my boyfriend are starting tomorrow...I just had a baby and have to lose like 40 lbs. I'll comment again after we start if I have the energy to type.

Congratulations on the baby! Don't be scared! just do it on your own pace....I did day 5 today which is the same workout as day 1 and I have to say I was really surprised at how much more I could do. It really is cardio conditioning. I'm looking forward to next week and seeing how much I progress in the next few weeks:)
  • EarthyChocl8AKA
    Options
    Hi all I'm a newbie!! Just started Insanity (for real this time) Jan 1st 2012! So far I have lost 7 lbs!!!!
  • shellym27
    Options
    Hi all I'm a newbie!! Just started Insanity (for real this time) Jan 1st 2012! So far I have lost 7 lbs!!!!

Wow!! 7lbs way to go!!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I have completed week one! I am very proud of myself because I kept up with it. There were some mornings where I couldn't get up early enough to do it, so instead, I did it after my 10 hour shift! I start week 2 on Sunday! I am already feeling better and my stomach is toning back up again! Feel free to friend me!
  • rn134good
    Options
    i did the fit test adn then school started and I got sick all at once and between being lazy as an excuse to get better from being sick and working 12 hrs miost days as well as schol I have yet to even do the first one. I am thinking maybe I will make myself get up real early to do it.

I also live in a second floor apt that is not very big so jumping things I have to less bc I either get close to the cieling or make noise in the babies room below me and things that are laying down I don't have a lot of room.

someone please help with advice to get my *kitten* going. I can't be this weight anymore.