Your favorite Medifast foods & food tips

Options
varnerific
varnerific Posts: 48 Member
Just wondering what everyone's favorite Medifast meals are.

Here are some of mine with a few tips on "dressing them up" that I've used.

My favorites are the hot cocoa and cappuccino, but blended with ice and made like a shake instead of hot. Sometimes I add a squirt of Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup (5-15 cal) and sometimes substitute 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (20 cal) for part of the water. Makes it a bit of creamier and chocolatier.

I also like the non-fruity shakes and the Smores bars.

The brownies are my favorite "dessert". I have a little tweak I use to make them more delicious! Instead of 3 Tbsp of water, I use 3 Tbsp of Da Vinci Sugar Free Caramel, Vanilla, or Dulce de leche syrup (0 cal) instead. Then I squirt a tiny bit of Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup on top before I put it in the microwave. I cook it for 5-10 seconds longer than normal. It tastes DELICIOUS and feels like I'm cheating! Just a note, I've tried using the Torani brand sugar free syrups and it makes the brownie mix boil over. Not good. So it seems to only work with the Sugar Free Da Vinci brand syrups.

I also use the Sugar Free syrups when mixing the pancakes as well. Yesterday I used half water & half Torani Sugar Free Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup when mixing the pancake mix in the shaker jar. After making the pancakes, I served them topped with a little bit of cinnamon and the Medifast Sugar Free pancake maple syrup. It was delicious!

For those of you that don't know, tomorrow Medifast is supposed to come out with 3 new products TOMORROW, one of which is a Chocolate Chip Soft Bake, which sounds delicious! The others are Vegetarian sloppy joe, and Orange Blend drink (supposed to be like "Tang").

======================
I would love to hear the rest of your favorites and tips!!

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    HI there! I also love love love the s'mores bars! They are my favorite by far! I also love the shakes, hot cocoa, brownies and the chili nacho puffs. SO GOOD! I save up a few meals (I know I shouldn't do this but it's worked so far!) and then I enjoy a bar and some puffs along with a diet rootbeer after the kids are in bed. It's my me time and it's wonderful!

I also like the make the shakes with diet root beer instead of water. Just add a can, some ice, and blend away. It's SO DELISH! I can't wait until the cookies come out! YAYYYYYYYYYY!
  • goldendoodle1
    goldendoodle1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat a mint choc crunch bar, a bag of parm puffs and a brownie (sometimes with a tsp of peanut butter on top) every day. I also like the capp and cocoa (I add hot coffee to both), tomato soup made into flat bread with light cream cheese, spiced pancakes with the MF syrup, and coffee soft serve made as a shake with a via added (so good for an afternoon pick me up!)
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So excited! I just ordered the Chocolate Chip Soft Bake. We'll see how it tastes when it comes. :)
  • gardengirlkp
    gardengirlkp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great topic. I found key Medifast recipes plus good lean and green recipes at these two blog sites.

http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/p/medifast-foods-tips-recipes.html

and

http://www.lighterrecipes.com/p/medifast.html
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the brownie with one TBSP of peanut butter melted on top. I only cook it for 50 seconds - mix it and it is gooey.

I make the Chocolate chip pancakes into waffles and freeze and then pop in the toaster oven to heat.

My favorite bar is the chocolate chip mint.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I am new to Medifast and I'm looking for great meal ideals.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Hi! I used to like the oatmeals, but after a while the look and smell started to get on my nerves, so I don't order them anymore. I usually have a pancake "muffin" made in the microwave in a coffee mug, sometimes replacing 1 T of water with 1 T sf Torani pumpkin pie syrup and a little pumpkin pie spice, or just add a little orange or almond extract. I like the scrambled eggs, but they're replacing them with the original, so once I'm out of the scrambled I want to try the southwestern style. I don't think they were discontinuing those. I couldn't stand the original eggs. They ended up in my order once somehow, and the smell was horrible. My whole office complained! Peanut butter soft serve with sf Torani chocolate syrup, and coffee soft serve with sf Torani Irish cream are my favorite "shakes." I add extra water to make a shake instead of soft serve. I ate my cream of tomato soup the same way as Goldendoodle. Also, I add a spoonful of Fage 0% on top of my brownie and it seems to cut the fake taste. It adds like 16 calories.

Cody Jo has a website with really good recipes, but I can't remember what it is. I printed a bunch of them out a while ago. You might be able to find it on the MF message boards searching her name in the Recipes threads.
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I keep a small container of cream cheese mixed with sweet leaf stevia in the vanilla cream or english toffee flavors in my fridge. I use 1TBS of this (1 healthy fat) on top of either my brownie or choc. chip cookie. It seems quite decadent:)
  • KatrinaG2012
    Options
    I found a lot of good ideas at the following website (credit Lyn from Escape From Obesity)

http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/p/medifast-foods-tips-recipes.html

It is a collection of tweaks for the medifast meals she has compiled from other websites, forums or come up with herself. I found it very informative and adapt most of my meals to include some allowed veggies, healthy fats or other suggestions to make them more enjoyable.

She also inspired something I tried yesterday that was pretty darn good in comparison to the product itself. I don't think I am far off the mark when I say that the soft serve is just plain awful prepared as directed. Using the cookie recipe from the medifast forums and reproduced in Lyns blog as a jumping off point I finely chopped up a choc mint bar and stirred into the "soft serve mint cookie mixture. I dropped by TBS (made 10) onto parchment paper and baked for 12 minutes at 350 as directed. This resulted is a cool chewy mint cookie with some additional crunch making 2 meals of 5 cookies each. I have made the cookies with egg white and with egg beaters and prefer the taste of the egg beaters as the results taste a little less eggy.
    When cooled I peeled the cookies off of the parchment and placed in the freezer. I think there could be other good combinations with the other flavors of soft serve and bars.

I also yesterday mixed a soft serve with a pudding and the end result was a nice combination (remember it will be 2 meals).
    Yesterday was Peanut butter soft serve with chocolate pudding and today is coffee soft serve with vanilla pudding. My plan one day is to again crumble a meal bar and divide the soft serve/pudding combo into three cups and sprinkle each with 1/3 of the bar crumbles. Medifast parfait! I can see myself adding some whipped cream sweetened with stevia down the road a few more pounds:bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I keep a small container of cream cheese mixed with sweet leaf stevia in the vanilla cream or english toffee flavors in my fridge. I use 1TBS of this (1 healthy fat) on top of either my brownie or choc. chip cookie. It seems quite decadent:)

That sounds good! I didn't know they made flavored stevia. I put a spoonful of 0% Fage on my brownie. Have a box of the chocolate chip, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • shopper46
    shopper46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am new to medifast and it is working pretty good. Glad about the comment on soft serve thought I made it wrong. I will doctor it up.
  • KatrinaG2012
    Options
    I am reporting on my venture into more soft serve cookies. I made the peanut butter today and it is pretty good. It seemed to make more though it might have just been that I left the mixture on the counter longer and the baking powder seemed pretty active! When eating them I had the thought they might be good eaten as mini pancakes with some sugar free vermont maple syrup. I crushed up about 10 peanuts and added those for some crunch. I will be trying them again with a chopped up chocolate meal bar next week when those arrive. I am having visions of peanut butter cups;) lol
  • skruser99
    skruser99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this info! I'll take all the tips I can get! Any suggestions for the scrambled eggs? So far I'm not a huge fan but I don't want to waste them!
  • amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    For the scrambled eggs I would cook them on top of the stove scrambled or an omlet n add pepper n a little garlic powder;) yummy!! Maybe a pinch of fat free cheese;)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Thank you so much for this info! I'll take all the tips I can get! Any suggestions for the scrambled eggs? So far I'm not a huge fan but I don't want to waste them!

Ketchup! :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Oh, also I finally tried the Banana Stuffed French Toast recipe on CodyJo's New Beautiful Me blog. I don't think I'll ever have the banana as a shake again!
  • LucyLovely
    LucyLovely Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like the spice pancakes and tonight I made my mint soft serve into a hot drink by mixing it with a little cold water first, the putting it under the Keurig at the medium setting. I also like the chocolate crunch bars. I made the cauliflower pizza. That was pretty good.