Options

Replies

• bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Cute profile pic, Kara! :)
  • emmakey712
    Options
    I am 6'0 and my boyfriend is 5'8-5'9. I definitely feel self-conscious a lot of the time. I just feel bigger overall- taller, wider, even my bone structure is bigger than his. I probably out weigh him by 20 pounds, and after 50 pounds lost and 3-4 more inches height than he, I will NOT feel bad about that. He's a smaller-than-average guy and I'm a larger-than-average girl. Plain and simple. But we really love each other.

I have never seriously dated men taller than me, even though in my mind it seems ideal. I would love to date someone who is 6'3 or so, but I wouldn't trade my boyfriend for anyone. My father was about 6'2 or 3 and I always appreciated how small I felt when I was around him. That's a nice feeling, but ultimately not the most important thing to me.
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nothing too interesting with my fiance, he is 6'0 and I'm 5'10 (perfect for me!). But in my past...

My college boyfriend was the same height as me but weighed 40lbs less...I thought I was gonna break him half the time! On the plus side...he made me feel fat so much that I dropped 25lbs while dating him lol

And my funniest past story..my very first boyfriend ever! I was in 8th grade...I was 5'8 and he was 4'10 LOL when we walked home from school together he walked up on the sidewalk and I walked in the street so the curb would level us out...we were one odd looking couple heh
  • sirihermine
    sirihermine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm married to my partner who's 5'3''. She's female though, so there's not to many reactions that she's shorter than me.
  • MommaRune
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and the hubs is 6'4". We meet in college and were both rowers. He still rows at CBC. We've been married 17 years.

When you know, you know.
  • tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My SO is a shorty, he is 5'3 on a good day and I am 5'8.... He is also small.. We met in 2008 dated for a bit, then broke it off for a few months( I think it had a lot to do with my vanity issues) We started back dating in June 2009 and had a son Feb. 2011... I'm glad I put aside my issues of him being so short because he is a GREAT guy and an awesome father and I know he loves us :)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My soon to be ex was 6'4.. loved it!

The most recent guy I dated for a couple of months was 5'6.. hated it.

So now my guys have to be at least 5'11.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and my man is 6'1, we've been together 3.5 years, he loves that I am tall and always talks it up with his friends who date short women. :heart:

I tried dating short - personally I didn't like feeling like if we got robbed I would have to protect us, HAHA! I've tried dating tall too - 6'8 wrestler,good thing his smarts were beat out of him or I would never have met the love of my life!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my SO is 6'6". We've been together for almost 7 years. I think what he really loves about me being tall is that I can eat a lot more! Of course, that is how I got fat in the first place, but now I just have to exercise so I can eat lots of food with him. :drinker:
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've only once dated a shorty - I'm 5'9" and he was probably 5'7-8", so not even that much of a difference. I'm just shallow when it comes to height!

My SO is 6'2" and loves not having to bend down much to kiss - :blushing:
  • lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and my boyfriend is about 5ft 9... it's not a massive difference but he always swears he's the same height as me ;) It diesn't bother me going out with someone who is shorter than me... and as much as I love beautiful shoes with epic heels, I don't really wear them anymore which doesn't bother me as they hurt my feet! There I said it! Heels hurt!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and my boyfriend is about 5ft 9... it's not a massive difference but he always swears he's the same height as me ;) It diesn't bother me going out with someone who is shorter than me... and as much as I love beautiful shoes with epic heels, I don't really wear them anymore which doesn't bother me as they hurt my feet! There I said it! Heels hurt!

Aww, much as I love him, he isn't the same height as you. Bless him for trying though.

My new gentleman caller is 6"3. To be honest, if I fell in love with someone who was 5"7 it wouldn't matter to me, but I do enjoy the feeling of being with someone taller.
  • Anolte76
    Anolte76 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and my husband is 5'9 on a good day, lol. I've dated guys of all height. It doesn't bother me because i'm proud of how tall I am and don't let that stop me from doing anything.....even dating, lol
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm 5'10'' and my boyfriend is 6'6'' and we met through an online forum for tall people! :laugh:
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cute profile pic, Kara! :)

Thank you :-)
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and my husband is 5'9 on a good day, lol. I've dated guys of all height. It doesn't bother me because i'm proud of how tall I am and don't let that stop me from doing anything.....even dating, lol

Yes!!!! Amen!
  • ebonaskavi
    ebonaskavi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    my husband is a shorty (5'8" to my 6'1"). When we were dating in college his fraternity gave nicknames to all the girls that were around a lot (most of them were pretty mean... guys are dumb) and mine was "amazon queen" which I felt was pretty flattering. regardless the height difference doesn't bother him or me and I still wear sexy heels.
  • MollyMeghan5
    MollyMeghan5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my husband is 6'2
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options
    My girlfriend/fiance and I are both nearest 6'2. We've been together three years after meeting on a dating website (OKCupid). She msged me because I was tall like her. ^_^

Ironically enough, the guys I've dated averaged around 5'8, my last ex (also and OKC find) was maybe 5'7. Haha.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 6'4" which comes in over my 5'11" so it works really well. I can even get away with a small heel, though I rarely wear them LOL
    We have been together for 10 years and definitely had a LOT of ups and downs...some really bad downs with infertility and consequent financial issues...but he is my rock and I am his. I love that I kind of have to stand on my tip-toes to kiss him, and I fit so well into his arms when he hugs me. I've never liked shorty guys because I have felt large and man-ish when out with other, small, girls and he just makes me feel petite and delicate ;)

(Sorry about the mush, he's been out of town for months working and is coming home this weekend so I'm a little overly lovey dovey this week LOL)