To ALL BL Challenge 2012 Members!!!!!

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
Just wanted to take a moment to address ALL the Biggest Loser Challenge Members! How is your first week with this group going?? Is the group helping you?? What is the best part of it??? What changes would you like to see??? Suggestions? Ideas? How has this changed you (mentally)??

I hope to hear back from all of you!!! Good Luck to everyone and THANK YOU for making this such a great group!!!! Have a GREAT weekend!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I have to say that personally I feel like a new person! i am a stay at home mom, so my OLD way of thinking was: Kids and Hubby comes first....then IF I had time left over ....it was ME time. BUT the time was never left over for me. Since I have started this group I am so much more focused on ME!!!! And I am glad that I am helping others along the way!!! The feedback that I am getting by the members is sooo rewarding!!!! So let me thank each and everyone of you for making me a better person!!!!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Same here--my husband has significant health issues and requires a lot of care, but I realize that if I'm not healthy and strong I won't be much use to him and may even hurt myself lifting him. The group is helping me due to the accountability. It's one thing to get in a slump by myself, it's another to flake out on a Team that is working to achieve a goal. It helps to get ideas from others, and it makes me feel good when I can offer a suggestion to someone else. GO RED!
  • phelpsmamma
    Options
    I agree with you. I am a stay at home mom and I would always put the family first and never have time left for myself. Now I make myself a priority too. So I now get a work out in and I am planning healthier meals and snacks for everyone.
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Thank you Pam for running this group. Personally I woke up Monday morning on a mission to change my life. I have done it successfully in the past but unfortunately have gained every ounce back and then some! This time it feels different with the support of this group I feel like I am motivating others and they are motivating me! I am actually becoming addicted to checking into MFP, almost like I want to drink more water to record it and eat something to see how good it was for me (cals/carbs/fats and proteins)!! By utilizing this system it is keeping me much more accountable for what I put in my mouth - my finance is even having fun with it, last night instead of scooping out ice cream we made homemade frozen yogurt it was probably about 2 cups and only 173 cals versus 170 for 1/2 CUP! we couldn't believe it! :) I love having the 100 of us divided into groups of 25 I feel like in our smaller groups we are really pushing each other to succeed and coming up with new fun challenges! My mind is focused on getting to my results vs the tomorrow is a new day attitude.

Can't wait to see who is the next Biggest Loser !!
  • prsconch
    prsconch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love being in the group. It pushes me more as I am not only accountable for myself but the team. Go Red!
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Everthing seems to be working out great. I really like the idea of the teams. It makes it seem more real. I have been going through this journey for a year and a half now so I need this push!!
  • PattyArchuleta
    PattyArchuleta Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I too find myself checking MFP for the lastest updates. I enjoy reading about all the new tricks people have and challenges presented to us. I also feel part of a group. There are other people like me who have the same challenges and struggles everday. I love the support the group provides and feel there are 100 other people in my corner. The competition also motivates me in a great way. Slowly but surely we will all succeed ! We need to remember it did not come on overnight and it will not come off overnight. Patience & discipline are the challenges!!! We can do it!!!
    Thanks Pam for setting all this up. It's like you provided us all with our own cheerleading squad and team.
    Everyone have a great day and drink lots of water. Try to to 5minutes more of any activity.
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    I am loving all the feedback that I am getting!!!! You guys are the BEST!!! And it is thanks to you that we WILL succeed!!!!
  • johnsoh85
    Options
    I am enjoying the black team is great to know your not alone on the tuff journey. I also like hearing what other people eat for meals and snacks its great to hear new ideas!!! Thanks Team Mates!!!!
  • marulop14
    marulop14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Everthing seems to be working out great. I really like the idea of the teams. It makes it seem more real. I have been going through this journey for a year and a half now so I need this push!!

Wow it's so amazing how you have lost so many pounds! Has it been any hard?
    Anyways.... I have changed a lot by the way I think . Just two weeks ago I woul eat soo much food I'm not even kidding. Last week I started with MFP and I still exceeded my calories per day but I was proud f myself because I hadn't eaten such few calories in a while. This week I score below my calorie goal and I feel great! I'm getting used to eating less little by little. Before I woul eat two burgers and now I eat one sandwich with whole grain bread for lunch and the amazing part is I GET FULL!
    This group is a really good motivator because it makes you want to be the biggest loser out of all but still want to help all my teammates accomplish there desired weight.
    Go Black Team!!!
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think it is motivating to be a part of something and have challenges. I am a competitive person and I do not like to fail, having people to keep me accountable is great. Being able to communicate here with others who are striving for the same goals, to lose weight and get healthy is a great group of support.

I like the challenges. Having others come up with something and challenge myself to do it also has helped. Just by really keeping on top of my water intake I have lost some weight.

Keep it up all!

GO GREEN!
  • sdailey4
    sdailey4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It has made me put more into my work out. I have been losing the weight steadily enough for me, a lil more than a lb a week since October, but then over the holidays I had put on almost 5 lbs of my loss so this week I've already lost almost 5 of those 5 lbs, and have been giving class 100% versus 75%. I have also paid closer attention to how much better I feel when I do eat and drink right. I don't think I'll lose enough in a week to ever when a challenge, but I still want to see my team succeed so I'm going to give it my all for them :)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    For me, I have changed the way I think....I used to feel guilty because of the way I was eating and treating my body. I now feel motivated to make a change. I lost 150 lbs about 2 years ago. I've gained back about 90 lbs for various reasons...unhealthy eating and not working out being the main two. I am determined to make this change stick and I feel like I'm getting ths upport and help here that I need. When I lost weight before I used a handwritten journal and only had support from my family members. I think it's amazing how much support I feel here. I also feel accountable in a way that I never did before. My diary is public and my weight loss/gain is also public so I know that if I gain weight or don't eat right someone will know it. That helps me.
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    It has made me put more into my work out. I have been losing the weight steadily enough for me, a lil more than a lb a week since October, but then over the holidays I had put on almost 5 lbs of my loss so this week I've already lost almost 5 of those 5 lbs, and have been giving class 100% versus 75%. I have also paid closer attention to how much better I feel when I do eat and drink right. I don't think I'll lose enough in a week to ever when a challenge, but I still want to see my team succeed so I'm going to give it my all for them :)

WTG on almost loosing your holiday weight! that is fantastic, and who knows maybe if you do a little bit extra than what you have been, you may win one of these weeks :) we have 12 to go! Make that one of your personal challenges ;) !! Keep up the hard work and keep that attitude positive!! :)
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this idea/group. I have never counted calories been on a diet or even censored what I ate. Now that I am apart of a team and we have each other to support and judge:P, I still pout about including my fruits or my chocolate milk, but I do it because its not just about me anymore but about a community. I hope everyone is having as much fun with this as I am! It's hard, I am not gonna lie, its a big change, but every habit takes three weeks to be solidified to a way of life. I am confident that with everyone's support and commitment we can all make it stick:)

Good luck & Stay fabulous!
    Rim
  • vessd1
    vessd1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've enjoy the challenge and I think im addicted to myfitnesspal..im constantly on here logging in and reading all the posts :D
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love this group!! It is so motivating to be apart of it and I really love the black team and to know that none of are alone on this journey:)
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Wow it's so amazing how you have lost so many pounds! Has it been any hard?
    Anyways.... I have changed a lot by the way I think . Just two weeks ago I woul eat soo much food I'm not even kidding. Last week I started with MFP and I still exceeded my calories per day but I was proud f myself because I hadn't eaten such few calories in a while. This week I score below my calorie goal and I feel great! I'm getting used to eating less little by little. Before I woul eat two burgers and now I eat one sandwich with whole grain bread for lunch and the amazing part is I GET FULL!
    This group is a really good motivator because it makes you want to be the biggest loser out of all but still want to help all my teammates accomplish there desired weight.
    Go Black Team!!!

You bet it has been hard. Some days are harder than others but I have to push through. At one point I was down almost 80 pounds and I let myself put 30 back on. This is going to be a life-long struggle for me so I need a life stly change not a "diet" Good luck to you and your team but i have to say GO BLUE lol!!!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Have a GREAT Weekend Biggest Loser Family!!! :smooched:
  • weather4000
    weather4000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love being in this group. I was having a very difficult time recovering from the holiday overeating and this group is just what I needed. Even through my illness (which would have totally thrown me off track) I was able to eat good and even get a workout in - something I haven't done in months. I am so appreciative and glad I found this group.