August 2012 Babies

Options
So, I figured we should have a "topic" for moms due in the same month who are going through the same stages together.

I'm due August 29th (according to the computer...I'll know for sure when I see the doctor today) :) So I'm 6w, 1d.

I found out Christmas week and surprised my hubby and daughter with the news Christmas morning. We have shared with most of our family so far (waiting for in-laws to get here from NY on Sun. so we can share in person). After that we plan to share w/ our church and close friends and then finally Facebook. :)

So far, my symptoms have been: being tired, especially middle of the day energy crashes. Sore boobies. Very irritable! Crazy gas! (so glamorous!!! lol) and yesterday was the first day my stomach started to feel out of sorts. I was really sick w/ my first but it did not kick in until 8 weeks. Will be interesting to see how things go with this one. Oh and I have had mad cravings for all things salty. Salt is my taste-buds best friend at the moment. hee hee ;) Better than having the sweet tooth I had with DD. I have always had really low blood pressure so I'm not too concerned about indulging in my salt cravings at this point.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm due the 26th until further notice. I've been feeling great this time around vs. when I was pg with DD (m/s + migraines for 5-6 wks straight) and I'm soaking it up.

I feel like I'm eating for a tribe. I'm trying so hard to watch what I eat but I find myself hungry an hour after a meal, regardless of it being high protein, high fiber, complex carbs, smoothie, etc. I feel like a pig!
  • kadmirand
    kadmirand Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, I am Due Sep 7, 2012 so I thought I’d pop in to say hi. I am also very tired and hungry all the time. I am worried too because my Zumba class has been on a THREE week break and I want to get back doing it sooner than later because I am afraid it will be too hard being newly pregnant where as I was in a good routine before.

I also just started the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred to keep busy over the holidays. So you think that is ok? I can still do sit ups and stuff because I am only just about 5 weeks.
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    I am worried too because my Zumba class has been on a THREE week break and I want to get back doing it sooner than later because I am afraid it will be too hard being newly pregnant where as I was in a good routine before.

I also just started the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred to keep busy over the holidays. So you think that is ok? I can still do sit ups and stuff because I am only just about 5 weeks.
    The break should affect anything, I do Zumba occasionally and I don't notice a difference aside from being more tired afterwards.

JM should be fine, you don't need to stop doing floor ab routines until some time in your second trimester.
  • Brandy715
    Brandy715 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So, I figured we should have a "topic" for moms due in the same month who are going through the same stages together.

I'm due August 29th (according to the computer...I'll know for sure when I see the doctor today) :) So I'm 6w, 1d.

I found out Christmas week and surprised my hubby and daughter with the news Christmas morning. We have shared with most of our family so far (waiting for in-laws to get here from NY on Sun. so we can share in person). After that we plan to share w/ our church and close friends and then finally Facebook. :)

So far, my symptoms have been: being tired, especially middle of the day energy crashes. Sore boobies. Very irritable! Crazy gas! (so glamorous!!! lol) and yesterday was the first day my stomach started to feel out of sorts. I was really sick w/ my first but it did not kick in until 8 weeks. Will be interesting to see how things go with this one. Oh and I have had mad cravings for all things salty. Salt is my taste-buds best friend at the moment. hee hee ;) Better than having the sweet tooth I had with DD. I have always had really low blood pressure so I'm not too concerned about indulging in my salt cravings at this point.

I am due August 29th as well. 6 weeks 2 days!

We also found out the week of Christmas- but didn't share with anyone until recently. I am having the same "sympton" as you are- along w/ horrible headaches! I can't wait to get home and go to bed! :) I have a step son- and my husband and I are trying to find a cool way to tell him about the baby- any ideas?? He is 11 years old.
  • Mikaelas_Mommy
    Mikaelas_Mommy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Belly Buddies!!! :)

I got to see the doctor yesterday and he actually did an early US given my history w/ the last baby. Everything was right on track...that baby measured exactly 6w, 1d and I even got to see the heart beat!!!! It was over 115 bpm I think & she said that was great for this age. So my due date is still August 29th. :)

A good way to tell your step son might be to get a big brother announcement shirt....also a good way to make the announcement...have him wear it when you meet with family/friends in person. I got a shirt for our daughter from this shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/zoeysattic?section_id=5679375

Hers says "a little bird told me a secret" and on the back it says "I'm Going to Be a Big Sister!". We used the shirt to make the announcement to family so far & will do the same w/ my in-laws when they get here Sunday and then we will have her wear it to church the day we decided to announce it there. And finally, we will post a picture of her wearing it on Facebook. :) It's been really fun doing the reveal that way so far. :)

I am due August 29th as well. 6 weeks 2 days!

We also found out the week of Christmas- but didn't share with anyone until recently. I am having the same "sympton" as you are- along w/ horrible headaches! I can't wait to get home and go to bed! :) I have a step son- and my husband and I are trying to find a cool way to tell him about the baby- any ideas?? He is 11 years old.
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Due Aug 21, so 7.5 weeks along. Exhausted, nauseous and gaggy. Dealing so much better with the symptoms this time, as i have a lot of coping strategies plus this time I don't have a long commute. Started accupuncture early this time to try and get ahead of the game, getting as much sleep as I can with a full time job, a Toddler and a house to take care of. That does mean though that I haven't made it to the gym of late, while I used to go at 8pm when DD went to bed, I am now right behind her! The nausea and food aversions are best kept in check by not letting myself get hungry, if I get nauseous its hard to even find something I want to eat. Here is how to do it and not eat for a "tribe"! Take what you would eat in a day for Maintenance, meals and snacks, and split it into 6-8 meal times, eat your cereal now and your yogurt in an hour or 2, split your sandwich into halves. On the other hand if you are having trouble getting enough calories, try adding butter, peanut butter or cheese to what you are eating as well as snacking on raw almonds instead of crackers and find a good high calorie Whole grain bread you can stomach.

7am - 1 Whole Wheat toast with butter and jam.
    9am - Apple
    11am - Almonds
    12pm - Bagel with butter and cheese
    2pm - Almonds
    4pm - Crackers with Peanut Butter
    5:30pm - Subway - half a foot long
    9pm - Other half of Footlong
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hey ladies,

Thought I would say hi, I also found out just before Christmas so a few computer sites put my due date at August 31st but my doctor told me September 7th. I have an US on the 26th so I guess I'll get a better idea then! So far I haven't had any morning sickness, but I find a lot of food stinks or just smells strong. I've been extremely tired during the day which hasn't helped my work day at all. I've even been struggling with simple math! I've had some pretty wild dreams as well.

I belong to a masters swim club and I plan on continuing to swim throughout the pregnancy. I usually bike to work when the snow is gone but I'm not sure about that now.

I did experience some very mild spotting yesterday and it scared me. I noticed it in the morning and then again in the evening but nothing today. Everything I've read indicates it's nothing to worry about if it's just faint pink but it was still scary!

Thanks for starting this group, I look forward to the journey together and all of the helpful advice!
  • feathers1981
    feathers1981 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm currently due August 4th although I will be having my official dating scan this week/next week.
    I can't wait for my scan, I'm so anxious to find out that everything is ok.....
    Finding out you are pregnant before crimbo is not a great thing in some ways...I have gained 5lbs and am 10 weeks and 4 days...! Although I defo have a very small hard bump, I know some of it is over indulgence over the festive period :o( I just have to work hard to stay on track going forwards.

Good luck yummy mummies to be!

Kx
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    Welcome to everyone!

I'm feeling really normal today so I'm going to go to spin class and start burning some extra calories. It's also my weight in day for my gyms holiday weight loss promotion. I don't think I hit my goal of 8 lbs but we'll see.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, as of right now (based on my LMP) I am due with baby number two on August 13, 2012. Will have a more accurate date once I have some blood work and an ultrasound.

So far this pregnancy is about as different as possible from my first, I have no morning sickness, I just feel really tired most of the time. I've been super lazy the past few weeks and am getting back to my hot yoga classes this week.
  • Brandy715
    Brandy715 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies!

Going on week 7 for me- feeling a little better this week- a little more energy which I am taking advantage of (laundry etc)

I was wondering if anyone has notice there arms "falling asleep" For the past few nights, I wake up in the middle of the night and my shoulders/arms are asleep! Its not just one arm- its usually both of them! Anyone else have this problem???

Other than that, I am going to try and get caught up on my housework this week- as well as maybe a little more walking.

Hope everyone is having a great day and feeling good!!
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    Brandy715, my arms constantly fall asleep at night. I just shake them awake and roll over.
  • misslouisiana
    misslouisiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey I am due August 24th. I am still queasy most of the time along with the other unappealing symptoms. I look forward to seeing everyone on here as they progress. We litterally are all here for the same thing now :happy: My first appointment is Feb 1st so I am anxious to go.
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy, and I too am due August 29th! I found out over Christmas so we wrapped little stockings and had our four year old give our parents the gifts at Christmas. When they opened the package and asked what it was for, Kaiden told them he was going to be a big brother! He's so excited. We've told our close friends, but are waiting until the US on the 17th before making the announcement via Facebook. I'm "advanced maternal age" at 38. I'm 5 years older than my last pregnancy so I'm definitely feeling more fatigued. I'm a boot camp instructor that teaches a class at 5:30 every morning, then work a full time job. It's been tough but I'm sure it's going to get tougher.

The nausea is irritating. Not enough to puke, but just a constant feeling of it. I remember having it with Kaiden, but I don't remember it being as frequent. Staying full helps along with drinking herbal teas.

I'm still running and doing boot camp in the evening. My doctor and I are aiming for me to only gain no more than 15 pounds at most this time around. I gained 25 with Kaiden.

We waited to have another one because of my son Kaiden. Right before Brian and I were going to start trying for number 2, Kaiden was diagnosed with a very aggressive, cancerous brain tumor. Our world stopped for about a year while getting him the care and treatment he needed. I'm so very happy to say that little man is cancer free and doing awesome! We'll always have that fear of the cancer returning which made me apprehensive about trying for number 2, but we decided we didn't want to let cancer dictate our life. So, here we are 4 years later, anxiously awaiting our second bundle of joy.

Anyone else find the waiting is harder for the second one? I'm ready to look the part. :)
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh and my progesterone is on the low normal side, so my doctor's having me take a supplement. She said it will probably make me more tire and nauseous, so take it at night. Gee, thanks. :/
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I'm about 5-6 weeks pregnant, which would place me at the end of August or early September.
    I go to my GYN on the 30th to get my first sonogram and projected due date (So excited!!!)

So far, the only symptoms I'm having is fatigue and sore breasts. No morning sickness yet (knock on wood).

Before I became pregnant I was lifting weights daily, and using the elliptical or running on the treadmill for 45minutes a day. But now I'm scared to push myself, because the 1st trimester is the most crucial. So I've only been doing light weights and walking. But I want to do more... safely.
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    Before I became pregnant I was lifting weights daily, and using the elliptical or running on the treadmill for 45minutes a day. But now I'm scared to push myself, because the 1st trimester is the most crucial. So I've only been doing light weights and walking. But I want to do more... safely.

xosugarbabie0, you can do any exercises and weights you were doing pre-pregnancy. I still go to spin class, Turbo Kick, R.I.P.P.E.D., Cardio/Weight Intervals and yoga classes at my gym. I lift 5-8 lbs dumbbells in each arm and 15 lb barbell. I just listen to my body more and cut down on resistance and weight when needed, for example a lot of times in spin the instructor say's 85% of our max and I'll hover around 75% just so I can keep peddle pace and not huffing for air.

But expect to be really tired after a good workout. Yesterday after spin I nearly fell asleep on the couch.

AFM, I think my m/s was a weekend only thing as I feel great. I went to spin, at like a pig all damn day and slept really well. It does scare me a bit that I feel so great but I just keep telling myself that it's out of my hands right now.
  • cpow81
    cpow81 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi All!

I am new here and thought I would say hello!

I am pregnant with my 2nd child and due 8/17/12 :) We found out the beginning of December and told our family over the Christmas holiday. We just had our 1st dating ultrasound and got to see our little bean. It was truly amazing!

Besides feeling tired 24/7 I am doing okay. I am still working out at least 3x/wk - jogging, walking, elliptical, and Wii dance/zumba games and hope to continue throughout the rest of my pregnancy.
  • Demwitted
    Demwitted Posts: 163
    Options
    Due Aug 6 :)

We had our first U/S Jan 3. It was incredibly exciting because the baby moved! They do not always move at 9 weeks according to my Mayo Clinic book, but mine did and we saw it. We could also clearly see the heart beating although the positioning was not good enough to hear it.

At first, my breasts were really sore and my only other symptom was massive fatigue. The soreness went away, but it was replaced by smell sensitivity and food weirdness. I am NOT a picky eater. I love pretty much all food. It is such a strange thing for me to look at a menu, order a meal, take a bite, and then beg my husband to trade me before I get sick from it. The strangest aversion has been chicken. Who can't eat chicken?? Also weird is that lemonade and lemon ices tend to settle my stomach. Pre-pregnancy, those things would give me terrible heartburn.

I'm currently battling my second winter cold since becoming pregnant. I'm starting to really believe that stuff about your immune system being weaker. I usually get about one bad cold a year. This is my second one in a month. It's making my morning sickness worse. My doctor gave me a lovely list of the medicines I can take, so I've been taking a benadryl before bed for the past few days to open up my nose and help me rest.
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    cpow81 - Welcome & congrats.

Demwitted - I had an aversion to chicken when I was pg with DD. I just couldn't stomach it through the entire first trimester. I'm sorry to hear about your colds, I hope they get better along with the m/s.

Someone needs to keep me out of the kitchen. Is there anyone else w/o morning sickness who is eating like a pig? I am constantly hungry, I have to eat every 90m to 2 hours and I hate it. I weigh in tomorrow and I will be shocked if I'm not up 3-5 lbs.