PERSONAL GOALS

Options
226Muriel
226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
We've been around for awhile and as stated, we need to look at our lifestyle change in a whole different ways.

WHAT ARE YOUR PERSONAL GOALS?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• joanneonline
    Options
    Muriel - Congrats on the 28lbs lost - very encouraging!

My health goals are to follow a nutritious meal plan, workout a min. 30 minutes 5-6 x's per week, drink plenty of water and get my vitamins every day.

A personal goal for 2012 is to continue working towards my degree.
  • lajoyce50
    Options
    Hello :) Will be turning 50 this year so I have made that my weight loss goal...to loose 50 by 50 !! Would love to join your group.....current weight is 221 goal is 170 by June !!! 50 lbs in six months....

Lisa
  • 226Muriel
    Options
    Muriel - Congrats on the 28lbs lost - very encouraging!

My health goals are to follow a nutritious meal plan, workout a min. 30 minutes 5-6 x's per week, drink plenty of water and get my vitamins every day.

A personal goal for 2012 is to continue working towards my degree.

ALL ATTAINABLE GOALS....AWESOME....AND A DEGREE TO BOOT...
    WILL BE CHEERING YOU ON.
  • 226Muriel
    Options
    Hello :) Will be turning 50 this year so I have made that my weight loss goal...to loose 50 by 50 !! Would love to join your group.....current weight is 221 goal is 170 by June !!! 50 lbs in six months....

Lisa

GREAT COURAGE....50 IN SIX MONTHS....

I PERSONALLY HAVE TO STAY WITH SMALLER NUMBERS ....BREAKING 150 MARK ...THEN 140.
  • joanneonline
    Options
    Lisa - So happy you joined! It's good to have others to connect with to help keep motivated. Good luck with your goal. I know that for me, it helps me to realize that even by losing 1 lb. a week I can be 52 lbs lighter this time next year.

We can do this!
  • Erin51
    Erin51 Posts: 35
    Options
    My goal is to eventually weigh 145 lbs or be a size large again! This 2XL size is horrible! I would love to loose a pound per week. I plan to track my food every day. I plan to exercise 30 mins of cardio 5 times per wk as directed by my MD since the diabetes diagnosis. I have been faithful to that plan for a little over a month now. I plan to make exercise a main focus of my life from now on. I have no excuses left! My most important goal is to break the power struggle between my emotions, anxiety, stress and moods and FOOD. This is the piece I need the most help with, for sure! :smile:
  • 226Muriel
    Options
    My goal is to eventually weigh 145 lbs or be a size large again! This 2XL size is horrible! I would love to loose a pound per week. I plan to track my food every day. I plan to exercise 30 mins of cardio 5 times per wk as directed by my MD since the diabetes diagnosis. I have been faithful to that plan for a little over a month now. I plan to make exercise a main focus of my life from now on. I have no excuses left! My most important goal is to break the power struggle between my emotions, anxiety, stress and moods and FOOD. This is the piece I need the most help with, for sure! :smile:

One thing that I have learned on this JOURNEY....is that it is 3-sided...PHYSICAL = EMOTIONAL = SPIRITUAL. Always tried to do only 2 of the 3 for years and never succeeded...Now, I have incorporated all three and POOF weight is dropping for the first time in 15 years... THAT'S A MAJOR WAHOO in my book.
  • lajoyce50
    Options
    THANKS... I just figured I should just go for it !! I have started an exercise program a 2.5 mile walk everyday and I have added carrying weights...any other suggestions? I want to start slowly so no injuries.
  • mbar12
    mbar12 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 60 lbs this next year ( lost 35 in 7 months this year).
    I am hoping to be under 200 within 5 weeks (11 lbs to go).
    I am doing weight training to build muscle, and am doing cardio like crazy right now. Eventually I would like to settle down to 3x a week - a half hour of weight training followed by a half hour to 45 min of cardio.
    Most importantly, I want to develop the skills to keep the weight off, and eat healthy.
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Love the title of Your Group! I am 54 and on my way to losing 50 lbs in 2012! I have tried numerous diets and always the yoyo. This time I am going for a 365 day committment to a steady weight loss I can keep off. I am counting calories and staying on a 1500 calorie a day diet. I have a few free days scheduled for meeting goals throughout the year and have made a vow to exercise 3 days per week minimum. Day 3 done......362 to go!!!!
  • mags1470
    Options
    Tomorrow is my first weigh-in at the gym for the Biggest Loser.....I needed to make the 3 months commitment......so glad to have a hubby that is supportive.

As I worked out last night....I was noticing all the people that started with me last year at the gym. Some have made a big difference in their lives....they were committed and kept at it. A 68 year old women was outdoing me in Zumba. She needs to be at the gym every time I go.....what a motivator.
  • joanneonline
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow! Just think, next year at this time - you'll be the Zumba Champ :wink:
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good Luck on the Biggest Loser I think this is fantastic! May 2012 be YOUR year! Congrats on your journey!
  • verda607
    Options
    Hi everyone good luck on your goals. I am 51 and in need of some serious support to maintain my weight goal. Would like to lose about 30 pounds just to feel better.
  • joanneonline
    Options
    Great support group out here. I know they've kept me motivated this week. You can do this!