I have been looking for something like this!!!

Options
RILEYRED
RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
Hi ,I am friends with Ales, and she led me here,thankfully. I have had Fibromyalgia for 5 years or more. There are so few people in my life who have this, understand it, in fact, there's noone. I am anxious to read about all of you, and I hope I can contribute to the group.Red

Replies

• kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!!
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • gavians
    gavians Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have also been dealing with fibro for about five years now. I definitely can relate to others not understanding what we go through. My wife of 10 years divorced me in 2011. Much of our struggles originated from her lack of appreciation and understanding of my daily struggle. No one can understand when you look normal and fine but screaming in pain or completely drained of energy or emotion. Admittedly, it makes you look like a bad spouse. But what she didn't understand is it took every bit of me just to be there.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, It is really hard to make people understand, especially the people closest to you.
  • gavians
    gavians Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am recently divorced. I honestly feel that FM is a major contributor to led to the failure of my marriage. It is very difficult for someone to appreciate what you are going through when you appear normal. To them we just are lazy, whiny, and miserable. But what they don't understand how much strength and energy goes into just being there.

oops - look like I said the same thing on this post already! :)
  • Kwick2010
    Kwick2010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    gavians:

I understand exactly what you mean. I'm divorced as well, and though I wasn't diagnosed at the time, my condition was a contributing factor to my divorce. (Not what ultimately caused it, but that is another story.) Some of my family and friends also have a difficult time understanding what fibromyalgia is and how every day is a struggle for those of us that have to live with it every day.

You're not alone, and I hope each day gets better for you.

- Kristi -
  • ales1979
    ales1979 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi ,I am friends with Ales, and she led me here,thankfully. I have had Fibromyalgia for 5 years or more. There are so few people in my life who have this, understand it, in fact, there's noone. I am anxious to read about all of you, and I hope I can contribute to the group.Red

Awww luv ya red!! xxx:flowerforyou: