HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?

Options
CiciPorcayo
CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
Have you attempted, tried or done the Week 1 Challenge... so far? Let us know below....
What is the hardest for you right now in your weight loss goals?

Write anything here really :)

Replies

• wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the challenges but Sunday I messed up with the saturated fats when I could have clearly avoided them. I think i'm doing good but i'm always wondering if i'm doing everything right to make sure i have a loss by weigh in. I feel a lot better now that i'm eating some of my exercise calories back because before I was stressing trying to keep my calories around 1400. This is another thing that bothers me not knowing if its ok to eat the exercise calories. But i'll do it for this month and see how it works out. Also, I'm very proud of myself for sticking to this shred Dvd I have not missed a day and I worked out a 6 am everyday this week :)
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    omg grl!! you and me both... my husbands an I were like... can u eat them back? or are you not suppose to! I hear some people say yes and some people say NO!!! and I am just like ugggthh! and when I look online for a professional oppinion nobody says anything.... Grrr...
  • billydlyon
    Options
    Yes you can eat your exercise calories. Example Goal is 1400 calories today, and i do 300 calories of running on the treadmill, then i can have a total of 1700 calories or less. Exercise requires fuel so you need to eat more if you are exercising more. Your body will burn about 2000 calories a day just by doing nothing. The key is to eat less calories then you burn. :wink:
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes you can eat your exercise calories. Example Goal is 1400 calories today, and i do 300 calories of running on the treadmill, then i can have a total of 1700 calories or less. Exercise requires fuel so you need to eat more if you are exercising more. Your body will burn about 2000 calories a day just by doing nothing. The key is to eat less calories then you burn. :wink:

Question what happens if you don't go over you calorie and you still exercise. My calorie goal is 1340, but I only eat the most is a little over 1000. Pluse I work out and get any thing from 100-400. I always wondered how this works.

I'm going good I might get 3 sat. Fat. My problem is so much water. Its making me full (I know that's part of the point) but... its making it were the food chart is saying I'm going into starvation mode. See my problem is not eating too much, it what I eat, and not enough.
  • gem_cat
    gem_cat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    DOING GREAT! i gained extra pounds from my holiday break (i stopped logging in and exercising, and ate too much :grumble: ) but now i'm almost done losing it in only a week. i'm also doing extra effort on my workouts. feels great to be on track again. :bigsmile:
  • mmowbray84
    Options
    5 POUNDS TO GO, BUT I STILL HAVE 22 POUNDS FOR MY GOAL.
  • divergrrl
    divergrrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Do a high protein snack it will up your calories so your body wont go into starvation mode and it will feed your muscles!
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sunday Jan. 1st - No Saturated Fat, be active all day. Don't sit in front of the tv for more then 1 hour the whole day.
    Monday Jan. 2nd - 30 Min Walk/Jog (Whatever you prefer) , 10 Minutes of Cardio , 5 Minutes light strength training.
    Tuesday Jan. 3rd - NO EXERCISE, Stay in calorie goal. No Saturated fat and no processed sugars! (natural sugar ok)
    Wednesday Jan 4th - 15 Squats , 15 Lunges , 10 Minutes Cardio & 5 Minutes heavy strength training
    Thursday Jan. 5th - NO EXERCISE, Stay in calorie goal, shoot for no caffiene, no sugar and under 100mg of carbs.
    Friday Jan 6th - 30 Minute Walk/Joh (Whatever you prefer) 10 Minutes of Cardio, 10 Minute your choice, upper, lower or mid section specific exercises.
    Saturday Jan. 7th - 15 Squats, 15 Lunges, No salt (sodium) and lets push for 3 Liters of water (stay in calorie goal)

While I really like all your challenge ideas my problem is when the vibe comes to workout I go with it. I completely forget the workout challenge until I check MFP at the end of the day and by then I'm pooped. This week I worked out everyday (missed the "No Exercise" memo) with a mix of cardio and circuit training so I got the squats, lunges and strength training in for sure. Drinking the water no problem, carb count no more than 30g/day, no sugar--check. Now when it comes to saturated fats and caffeine-guilty! I don't know if I would give myself a passing grade on this challenge but I appreciate it and I feel GREAT! 3-1/2 pounds down since Jan. 1!! :bigsmile:
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My big problem is sodium. Grrrr!! I also need to get my butt in gear and do other kinds of workout other than my trusty elliptical. I will do better this coming week!!
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey! Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the challenges much this week. However, I did eliminate caffeine for two days. By the third day, I was like "WHERE"S MY STARBUCKS!!!!" I'm going to try cutting coffee this week, all week. And, I'll print out the challenges and post them on my fridge so that I'll see them everyday and actually do them :)

Thanks!
  • robinhoward123
    robinhoward123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Whens this weeks challenge going to be posted?