Life's New Journey January Week 1 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Hello Everyone.

Welcome to 2012 and the beginning, middle or maybe end of your "Life's New Journey"

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food- stay below allowed calorie limit. Review your calorie intake and try to avoid empty calories such as food high in sugar. If you are a soda drinker make today a soda free day.
Cardio- go for a 30-45 minute brisk walk/ jog. Make sure to get your heart rate up.
Strength- 125 crunches (three different kinds)
Water- drink 2-3 litres of water today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Eat at least 6 times today. Have 3 main meals and 3 snacks of less that 100 calories each.
Cardio/strength- Do 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, and 10 lunges. Repeat this 4X's

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food- Substitute one bad choice in your diet with 1 or 2 good choices. (ie grapes instead of cookies, carrot sticks instead of chips)
Cardio- do an interval work out. start with 5 minute warm up, then alternate 30 seconds jog/run with 1 minute walk (at least 8 times)
Strength- Do 10 sets of 10 push ups at your level

Thursday Mini Challenge:
Food- Carb Reduction. For one day cut your carbs in half and try to consume the majority of your carbs before your evening meal. Make sure they are good carbs.
Cardio- do a 30-45 minute cardio workout
Strength - do 10 standing dumbbell curls, 10 front arm raises, and 10 lateral raises. Repeat 4X's (you can find the videos on youtube)

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food- Sodium reduction. Try to decrease your sodium by 500mg.
Cardio- Do 30 - 45 minutes jump rope/stairs/jog on the spot etc. Anything that will get your heart rate up.
Strength- 10 squats, 10 rear lunge, and 10 diagonal lunge. Repeat 4X's

Saturday Mini Challenge:
Food- Make sure you are not snacking on bad foods. Keep your snacks healthy. (at least 2 fruits, 3 vegetables, nuts etc)
Cardio/Strength- Today is a good day to spend some time with loved ones. This may be your children, your parents, your siblings, your grand parents. Take a leisurely walk and enjoy life around you.

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food- make sure you are being honest with everything you consume.
Cardio/Strength- we all deserve a day of rest and relaxation so today is that day.

Please note that this is just a guide-line. I am by no means a professional in diet nor exercise and what I state here are things that I have learned and tried through my year long journey. Please go at your pace but make sure you challenge yourself. You will see results. This is all about supporting each other through some of the toughest days and celebrating our successes. Good luck to all of you and I hope you have a great week.

Keep smiling ,
Donna

Replies

• sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Thanks Donna! So excited to get back into this now that the distraction of the holidays has passed :happy:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Woohoo wt 141
  • AnoukDoutyBatya
    Options
    Yay, got Monday and Tuesday done :)
  • SIimMama
    SIimMama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nice challenges, thanks for the suggestions!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Tuesday stuff is done but not as fast or exertive due to my cold. I also cannot hold down enough food so my meals are only when I take my meds. Walsked 5.25 miles today though.
  • AnoukDoutyBatya
    Options
    Got allmost all days done: switched up Friday and Saturday, but skipped Thursday :) Can't wait for tomorrow's weigh in. Got a good feeling!
  • wowsuzie
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been gone for a awhile but couldn't get service in Mexico...didn't log for 6 days, so I was afraid I would gain like crazy! Only gained 1 pound but I'm back and ready for new challenges... Goals for this year:

*get down to 130 by July
    *run a 5k
    *log everything I eat every day of 2012
    *stop eating after 7:30 at night
    Other day to day little goals....good luck everyone, and happy new year!