Finally getting excited about it

Options
tmogs
tmogs Posts: 287 Member
Okay i know i'm not pals with a lot in this group but was i the only one who was a little disappointed in P90X2 last week? I was finding it hard to get motivated to do the exercises and that really is NOT like me. I'm usually busting out workouts excited to do the next. Those who do know me know that i joke that i have exercise A.D.D. and that i need something fast pace or i lose interest. I've done Insanity (twice), Asylum, and turbo fire and loved them dearly the way they made sweat fly across the room, the feeling of complete death when i was finished and there was no way i could do another workout for the day.

Okay done with the downer

I did power and balance yesterday and somehow fell in love with the program. I don't know what it was about that particular exercise but i woke up this morning ready to kill X core and do every exercise without stopping. Maybe it's also the fat that I'm noticing that even though i'm not jumping crazy and working myself into an "insanity" exhaustion my body is still changing and getting tighter.

Just wanted to share thanks for reading ;-)

Tongela

Replies

• MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this... I am with you on the disappointing first week. I even reserved commenting on the program (on my blog) because I did not want anyone to have a negative opinion of a program that I did not fully understand myself. Today I was able to work along better, burn more calories and I know that it is just the beginning. I can't wait for Plyocide tomorrow... even if that too disappointed me last week!

Make it a great day!

Oh and are you guys/gals keeping blogs on your workouts? Can we start a list so I can add you to my faves or follow you? I need all the inspiration and support I can get!
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am still undecided.. it is definitely different from anything I have done before! I, too, like high paced, high intensity exercise, but am willing to try new things and see how it impacts my body. I am putting my trust in Tony and his professional staff that everything in the program is for a reason. I am certainly not as sore as I was when first starting a round of the X. I feel sore in odd places, though, like I am using parts of my body I never have before, if that makes sense. So I’m gonna stick with it. I think also getting familiar with the moves requires some practice and it is harder to really bring it when you are still learning.

I feel like my arms (triceps) and core are getting a workout. I need to focus more on my core, keeping it tight, I think I have not been and therefore, making the workouts easier, know what I mean?
  • MsP90X
    Options
    You should check out Harmerworkouts on wordpress and see what a difference a month made on him... he just completed his first month on X2 and lost 15.5 pounds!! He is reshaping himself... I trust the science behind Tony's workouts and I think that we have to keep our thoughts positive and our fingers pressing play and we WILL see results. That being said, I will be going back to P90x following this round of X2 :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I was annoyed with my performance last week. I knew that my core was stronger from the P90X and Insanity workouts, but this demanded more. I'm strong in my legs and arms, I did very well with P90X but this is a different animal. I've got the lifting down pat, it's my cardio and core that need to catch up.

Today's Core workout was better, however I can't do the Half Angels. I just can't. Getting into that side plank and lifting my heavy leg, not happening.

i'm with you gaspegirl, I'll blog later. I'll use my notes here and on Facebook to get a blog done later. For right now, I need to keep my head in the game and trust Tony. :smile:
  • tmogs
    Options
    I'm with everyone else I'm going to finish the program once i start i can't stop until i complete. I'm going to trust Tony knows what he's doing and track my changes (forgot to do the measurement at the beginning will do them when i get home today)

E I cant do the half angel to save my life it feels like my hip is going to crack lol all i can do is the side plank next time i'm going to have to try the wall support
  • tmogs
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this... I am with you on the disappointing first week. I even reserved commenting on the program (on my blog) because I did not want anyone to have a negative opinion of a program that I did not fully understand myself. Today I was able to work along better, burn more calories and I know that it is just the beginning. I can't wait for Plyocide tomorrow... even if that too disappointed me last week!

Make it a great day!

Oh and are you guys/gals keeping blogs on your workouts? Can we start a list so I can add you to my faves or follow you? I need all the inspiration and support I can get!

(harpers) Wow that is a big difference in a month thanks for sharing i'm going to follow him now ;-)

http://harmerworkouts.wordpress.com/
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Here is the bottom line: NO ONE likes anything new. Change is scary. Different is scary. Not knowing is scary.

I remember the first time I popped in P90X Chest and Back. I thought to myself at the end of that first workout WTF Did I get myself into I am NEVER going to be able to keep up or do these workouts. Plyometrics, Day 2 was almost the straw that broke the P90X Camel's back. I had to stop so many times because I thought I was going to puke or pass out. That was then; this is now. P90X is childs play for me now and I can get through all the workouts like I've known them forever.

Tony and Beachbody didn't just slap a program together to make money. The company's reputation rests on workouts that actually WORK (if you're willing to put in the work). I think we are all amazed at how weak our Core Strength really is. Remember too it's not just the Core we are working out during Phase 1 it's EVERY SINGLE MUSCLE in our body that is tested. I am willing to bet that all of us now will look back at our initial frustrations in 90 days (or more for some of us) and laugh.

STICK WITH IT

TIME.PATIENCE.PRACTICE.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I am willing to bet that all of us now will look back at our initial frustrations in 90 days (or more for some of us) and laugh.

STICK WITH IT

TIME.PATIENCE.PRACTICE.

Yeah, serious point there. in the beginning of P90X I could only complete a half hour of the plyometrics DVD. I kept getting dizzy and I was seriously winded. I eventually got good at it, even did it with a weighted vest. It's all just that like you said:
    Time. Patience. Practice.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Karen- Good points! Also, this is really random but do you know why certain posts you make don’t show up when you go to your recent posts?
  • MsP90X
    Options
    I was annoyed with my performance last week. I knew that my core was stronger from the P90X and Insanity workouts, but this demanded more. I'm strong in my legs and arms, I did very well with P90X but this is a different animal. I've got the lifting down pat, it's my cardio and core that need to catch up.

Today's Core workout was better, however I can't do the Half Angels. I just can't. Getting into that side plank and lifting my heavy leg, not happening.

i'm with you gaspegirl, I'll blog later. I'll use my notes here and on Facebook to get a blog done later. For right now, I need to keep my head in the game and trust Tony. :smile:

I do maintain a blog and would love for you to follow me... it keeps me accountable.

http://p90xtremetraining.blogspot.com

Thanks for your support!!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Karen- Good points! Also, this is really random but do you know why certain posts you make don’t show up when you go to your recent posts?

I am not sure. That's kind of odd that it's random. Maybe because this is a group? I dunno.

And thanks on the points. I am just reading so much about people complaining about the program and they have done a week or LESS (some complained after day 1) about the "challenge" of it. Hey, if your core is 100% good going but don't bad mouth the program in general because YOU aren't challenged.

and yeah, Elaine, I had SO MUCH trouble with Plyometrics the first time I did it and, in fact, the entire first month but I learned to love that workout. I am kinda looking forward to Plyocide tomorrow because last week I felt the way I did first time I did Plyometrics. I am hoping that better planning on my part food wise will alleviate some of that sickness and dizziness I felt last week.