Home Workouts? Routines?

Options
I haven't seen anything on here about what you do for home exercises. I figure this can be a thread if anyone wants to try something to do.

anyway, I usually do a modified bodyweight exercise from bodyrock.tv, or I find some zumba from youtube. When I'm at college, I will do 20min of cardio at the gym, then come home and pick something else. If I feel I need weights, I will take a gallon jug or some empty water bottles filled with water and use those.

other things I do are:
-upper body: push ups, tricep dips, 21's, wood chops
-lower body: squats, wall sits, lunges
-core: leg raises, planks, rotating crunches (rotating from hips up, lower body stays still)

I always look for something new to do. can't wait for more suggestions!

Replies

• GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ....any one? is the group alive....
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Sorry today is the first time I went back here. I have been lacking on the work out. But I'm here...

I just started 30 day shred again, after Christmas I'll be adding the couch 2 5k in there with it. That's about all I do right now.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I do the 30DS and Yoga Meltdown...

I seriously injured my foot last summer and have been take the winter off to let it heal. Hopefully this spring I will be power walking 30 minutes every morning too!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I alternate 30DS, Yoga Meltdown and C25K, for while I was doing C25K every day, but I've slacked off a bit! ;)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i do insanity, p90x, and asylum. Or a lifting circuit. Or crossfit. Or i run. :)
  • YepItsTime
    YepItsTime Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've seen posts about a couple of these but don't know what they are. What are insanity, p90x, and asylum?
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend!

I'm hoping to do p90x next and eventually Insanity.... Little scared with that one though!
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    *cries* Turbo Fire!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I use Bodyrock.tv. AWESOME SITE!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I use Bodyrock.tv. AWESOME SITE!

This.
    I got a 25" waist with bodyrock.
  • lab31
    lab31 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time, I had a routine from a magazine, using a balance ball and hand weights. I alternated with WATP videos.
    I am looking to get a good plan started again.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I've seen posts about a couple of these but don't know what they are. What are insanity, p90x, and asylum?
    DVD workout programs ( i do NOT suggest Asylum, it was a big waste of money but i refuse to let anything i paid $100+ just sit and collect dust)
    Insanity is cardio based and by far my favorite (don't be afraidf of it, people-it's SO MUCH FUN!) and P90X is weight lifting. Both have their merits :)
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Google is your friend!

I'm hoping to do p90x next and eventually Insanity.... Little scared with that one though!

Google happens to to my BFF!! ;)
  • lizg1979
    lizg1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What is this couch to 5k? where do i find the workout details??
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    You can Google for more info, but it's a program of combining walking and running to get you ready to run 5k.