The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread

Options

Replies

• mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm Louise, and I'm from Vancouver, BC. It's great to meet you all! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kim and I live in Eugene, OR. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. Sometimes I really miss it, but as soon as I go visit I can't wait to get back to Oregon! My ultimate goal weight is over 100 pounds a way, so I have quite a journey ahead of me. It's nice to meet you all!
  • upserstar
    Options
    Hello, hello! Julie here. Camano Island represent! :glasses:
  • soulsetfree
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Mark from Oly. I was a pretty long time member at one point here. I deleted my account for personal reasons (I seriously regret it now). Fell off the wagon. Got in a car accident and now I'm back with a vengeance! I see a few of you on here who I was friends with...

When I was first actively on the boards I lost about 40lbs and was feeling great. I need to rediscover that feeling. So here I am.
    Welcome back Mark, we had wondered what happened to you! Nice to see you back. Sucks about the car accident.

Hey Tim! I'm back for good this time!
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Melissa, 33 yrs young, mom to 2 boys, married to the 3rd. We live in Tigard, SW of Portland. :smile: I've lost 50 since last January, looking to loose at least another 100. I am doing the C25k program, and train in Taekwondo 3 times a week with my (almost) 7 year old. I would love more friends on MFP, so feel free to send a request! Happy loosing!!!
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm Jessica, I'm 25 and I live in the Olympia/Lacey WA area. I am a military wife originally from NorCal with family in Portland :) I have a 5 year old son and a 9 month old daughter. I'm striving to lose at least 30, but preferably 40 lbs by summer. Good luck to you all!! Feel free to add me :)
  • cassiemarie1982
    Options
    I'm Cassie! From Bellingham, WA area. :)
  • Hi! I'm Carissa, and I currently live in Tigard, OR. Let's motivate one another!
  • ORjezebel
    ORjezebel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm Mel. I'm in Eugene, OR ~ aka Track Town USA and yeah... I hate to run. :)
  • SARBelgians
    SARBelgians Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm in Central Oregon...specifically, Madras. Looking for friends for motivation and challenges.

Jillian

15449148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Kluthyy
    Kluthyy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kristin; I live and grew up in Tacoma, WA area!
  • Bucifan202
    Options
    Shawn born in cleveland,oh live in orting,wa now
  • NorthwestLadybug
    NorthwestLadybug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello! I can't believe it took me three weeks to find "my" group! I grew up in California (Bay Area, Santa Barbara, San Diego), but moved to the PNW in '93 and will never leave! My blog, at www.northwestladybug.com is, as you might guess, often NW-focused.

I've gained about 50 pounds since moving to the PNW -- I think because "cozy" is a goal for a good portion of the year and I just don't get outside enough in the winter. I've done the Seattle Danskin Tri twice -- never running because of a severely broken ankle in '09 -- but this year I plan to really rock it by actually (gasp!) RUNNING.

I'm 55, but have a hard time believing I'm that old because old was always for old people, not for me!" I'm very young at heart; now I just need the body to match. My husband of almost 30 years and I have four great adult kids -- a 27-year-old daughter, 25-year-old son, and 22-year-old boy/girl twins.

Would love PNW buddies to connect with! Please do friend me, leaving a short note about yourself.

Cheers,

Carol
  • NorthwestLadybug
    NorthwestLadybug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only Seattlite who prefers the rain

You're definitely note alone in this.

Especially lately! I'll take our usual rain over a week of snow and ice!
  • EriP
    EriP Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm Erica. I'm a Portlander, born and raised. Always thought I was going to move to the East Coast, but after spending a couple of years traveling all over the US, I realized that there is no place better than the PNW!
  • cℓaire1185
    Options
    Hi! I'm Claire, just outside of Seattle, WA in Auburn, WA.
  • cℓaire1185
    Options
    I'm probably the only Seattlite who prefers the rain

You're definitely note alone in this.

Especially lately! I'll take our usual rain over a week of snow and ice!

I agree! I was so happy to see the pouring rain today; to wash away the snow!
  • chammich
    chammich Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..I live in Salem, Or...currently on the Paleo way of life.
  • Sugar_Kat
    Options
    'ello. I'm Steph, I'm from Bellingham ^_^
  • mrschristylyn
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm Christy and I'm in the Portland metro area. I'm originally from Indiana and moved to Oregon about 12 years ago.

I have lots to lose, but am determined to do it. I'd love new MFP friends, particularly anyone with 50+ to lose.

We can do it!
    C