Exercises

Options
I am a 29 year old Mother of 2. I have had Fibromyalgia since I was 20. I have tried exercises before but I always over did it and ended up hurting myself. I need to know what exercises I can start with so I won't hurt myself.

Replies

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi HDEW! I walk alot when weather permits. I do stretching, and beginner yoga is good. I don't personally do water exercises, but I know alot of people do. Anything you do, don't overdo. Try increments of 15 minutes.
  • hdew82
    hdew82 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank You! I have tried Water Aerobics and other Water Exercises but they didn't seem to help much. I was so tired after I did them, I didn't have much energy for anything else. I have noticed that stretching helps though.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I do the Leslie Sansone walk DVDs and try to do it in shorter increments. You can do a one mile walk in 14 minutes. She has a warm up to do right before that. I don't try to push myself beyond that most days. If it's nice out, I sometimes go out for a walk and limit that to about 30 minutes.
  • joey72talk
    joey72talk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi, ive been the same, everything i try just wears me out, i have started to use my cross trainer at walking pace for 15mins at a time... i am tired after it but not exhausted.... little bits and often i think works best for us with fibro..... even if its only 5-10 mins twice a day, its a marked improvement on nothing at all :)

i notice that alot of FMS patients use the Leslie Sansone dvds, and they really seem to help.... unfortunately for me i cant get hold of the dvd, i live in the uk and the dvds dont play on my region :(

best of luck with yr goals and i hope you find a program that works for you..

regards

jo :flowerforyou:
  • gavians
    gavians Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    joey72talk -
    they have region-free dvd players... sometimes the really cheap chinese ones play all regions.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hey Jo, I agree, I try to take about 4 or 5, 15 min. walks a day,I have to walk my dogs, so I am basically forced to walk, but that is good.If I take a longer walk, my hips and ankles just throb.