"Becoming the Woman I want to Be"

Options
Hi There,

I've been wondering for a long time if anyone has done this 90 day renewal. I saw this group and thought it was the appropriate place to ask.

So, the book is by Donna Partow. It is a 90 day renewal of body mind and spirit. I bought it about a month ago, and so far it has only collected dust on the shelf.
If anyone is interested in doing this 90 day journey, or could share their experiences I would love to put a group together. Together we could reflect on the day's passage, share progress, comfort and motivation.

Send me a message if anyone is interested!

Mary

Replies

• mfastdriver123
    Options
    I'm interested. What is the name of the book please? I would like to look at it.
  • heidiedowney
    Options
    I would be interested too.

Heidie
  • chanson104
    Options
    That sounds very interesting!
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Becoming the Woman I want to be - Donna Partow
    http://www.donnapartow.com/books/becoming-the-woman-i-want-to-be-a-90-day-journey-to-renewing-spirit-soul-body/

There is a link to her Website, I think I purchased the book off of Christianbooks.com
  • chanson104
    Options
    I just bought a kindle version of this book. Let me know when you're ready to dive in!
  • Dshed02
    Options
    I am going to look into it and let you know. I need a complete transformation. Even though I have been on this weightloss journey for over a year, I feel as though it is time to take things to another level.
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    This is exciting!
    DSHED02 Let us know when you are ready! As well as anyone else who would like to do this.

How Does Monday January 2nd sound, for a start day? It would be a fresh start to a new year on an awesome journey!
  • chanson104
    Options
    January 2 sounds like a great start date!
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone's new year got off to a good start. I started yesterday by taking my dog for a nice long walk. Unfortunately, the rest of the day was spent snacking on the goodies left over from the party the night before.
    BUT today is a new day, and day one on our 90 day journey.
    I have today off and I fully intended on sleeping in... however, as I was laying awake going through the list of things I wanted to accomplish today, I decided there was no sense in wasting valuable time. So, my first load of laundry is in and I am about to sit and "enjoy" my hot lemon water and go through today's assignments.
    Instead of writing in my book, I purchased a journal for my prayers and such. I figured, if this goes well, I may want to do the 90 day journey again.

So here we go!

I had attempted to start this journey a couple months ago, when I first read today's Passage (Psalm 130:1-6) I cried. I knew that with Him I could forget my failures and start fresh. This was completely reassuring to me.

Writing a list of 25 things I want to Have, Do or Be... This was harder than I anticipated, the first couple of things went down pretty quick, but it was hard to complete my list. But I did it. I don't usually take New year's resolutions that seriously, but I think I might come back to this list, and see if I accomplished what I wanted to.
    Would anyone like to share their list, or parts of it?

Have a great day ladies! I cannot wait to hear about the first day of each of your journeys.

He has half the deed done who has made a beginning. ~ Horace
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    Day Two

Well.... Back to work today. Unfortunately I selfishly stayed in bed a few extra minutes this morning, not leaving myself enough time to do today's readings and tasks. Having just completed it this evening, I have found that it would have been much more encouraging for me to get me through the day, had I done it in the morning. None the less, I am glad I completed today's "assignment" I found it intriguing...
    We were to take our list of 25 things from yesterday and break it apart into the "wants" "dos" and "be's" and tally the results. I found that I have only two wants, but I had 13 do's and 10 be's. This makes me realize why I have started this journey. I want to BE more, and DO more. Not only to be who I want, but to honor God.

I feel encouraged to start fresh again tomorrow.

From now on you'll be traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. They key is to allow yourself to make that journey. - From the movie "The Princess Diaries"
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    Day Three

I never got around to posting yesterday... And again! I didn't leave myself enough time to complete my journal entry and read the passages before work. So I decided to take it along to work and at lunch I read the passages. It got me through the afternoon highly motivated.
    I loved the idea of posting our top five lists in places we will see them often, to remind ourselves of the woman we strive to me. I posted one on my fridge, and I plan on posting it at my desk at work.

Day Four.... This morning again, I left no time.... Is it this weather making me so sluggish, or am I just THAT out of shape? I brought the book to work with me, so I am about to take a few minutes to read today's passages. I will post later with my reflection on today's readings.

Have a great day everyone!

"If One advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." - Henry David Thoreau
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    Day Four Continued....

So, I promised I would come back and reflect on what we did today. Well, I tell ya! Telling someone my top fives was harder than I anticipated. When I did the exercise I really thought I was being very open and honest, which made it hard to share, however, I am glad I did. I chose my sister-in-law to share my list with, and to hold me accountable. I chose her, because her and I have become really good friends, and I know that I truly care what she thinks and knowing that she is going to check up on me is additional motivation to become who I want to be. I have a feeling that Donna Partow is going to push us past our comfort zones a few times on this journey, but why not?! Our comfort zones is what holds us back in the first place. (At least it is for me)

I loved loved LOVED today's message! From Matthew 22:35-40, in essence; Love God first and love your neighbor as you would yourself. Why is it that sometimes we take such a simple thing and make it so difficult? I know that I don't always offer Love, sometimes I doubt, or offer pessimism instead of encouraging words and the benefit of the doubt. What an eye opener this was!

I'm halfway through week one now and I feel encouraged that I have even made it this far!

"I rest securely in God's loving care. I know he has an awesome plan for my future. Plans to prosper me and not harm me." - Based on Jeremiah 29:11
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    Day Five

FINALLY! I did it! I got up in the morning and had enough time to spend on the readings etc. I feel great! It was a great jumpstart to the day.

Today, the action to take was to devote a corner, a room or a special place to do your prayers and devotions. I place devoted to just being with you and God. I see where the Author is going with this, but in my personal opinion, I don't feel like I need a single place devoted to that, God is with us wherever we go. This morning I did my reading and reflecting while sitting at our dining room table, with my husband, while we ate our breakfast. What I liked about doing it there, is the dining room table is a place of fellowship. I was able to sit there with my husband and share with him what I was doing. Also, if my dining room table becomes my "sanctuary" I have the opportunity to incorporate that into all of the other activities that occur around that table!

However, everyone has their own preferences. Do whatever works best for you! I would be interested in hearing what others have chosen for their sanctuaries.

Have a great day!
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    Day Six

Hey there! Didn't get around to posting yesterday, but I will reflect to what I thought here today.

First of all, in this day's "action to take" We were give tips on how to properly memorize scripture. Boy did I need that! I finally did memorize the first passage, but it was a struggle for me. So, I was very glad for the tips offered, I will definitely be using those in the future.
    How has the food and exercise been going? I've been drinking the lemon water, and taking the vitamins. I try to eat the veggies, but I know I could eat more, I have been using MFP's tools in staying withing my calories as well. As for the exercise, sometimes I have been replacing the walks with something different like Zumba or jogging on the spot.
    I feel like I've been relatively strong in my motivation to keep opening the book every day.

Day 7!

A WEEK!!! Tomorrow starts week 2, I am motivated to see what next week has to offer!
    Anyone who is interested in doing this journey, IT'S NOT TOO LATE!!

Remember the other day when I said that Donna is probably going to push us past our comfort zones? Well she has done it for me again today. Today our action to take is to find an accountability partner. I started this thread in hopes to finding a few, so ladies, if you are reading this, its not too late! We don't have to be on the same day of our journey, we just have to be doing it together and keeping each other motivated. I am also thinking I may ask my sister-in-law, the same one that I asked to check up on me in 86 days for my top five lists... I feel strong and I feel like with God I can do this, but I know the need for an accountability partner. When it gets tough, I am great for making excuses for myself.

My hopes is that by posting here, someone will be inspired to start this journey that so far, for me, has been eye opening and refreshing. I wish you all the best!
  • mblanchard0625
    Options
    I have moved this thread to a new group entitled "Becoming the Woman I want to be". If you are interested in joining other woman on this journey please feel welcome!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2113-becoming-the-woman-i-want-to-be