P90X Women Weights and Reps

Options
Any women out there willing to share their P90X stats? I've been working out for a couple of months mainly focusing on weight loss, but I'm doing a round of P90X and want to focus more on strength. My stats have improved, but I'd like to see what others are cranking out so we can encourage each other to push more. I know it's a lot of typing, but even if we shared the upper body workout stats, that would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My first week I didn't write anything down, my main reasoning was because I wanted to just learn what the heck to do before I did it. I have been using my 2.5 lbs weight for most of the upper body stuff and the 10lbs weight for the lower body stuff ( I am doing the Lean version of P90X) Please note I am also 190lbs so I have a lot of weight im lifting reguardless of the weights in my hand lol.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am lifting heavier with low reps...it works better for me. For shoulder presses and biceps I use 20# dumbbells; shoulder raises 12# dumbbells and for squats and calf raises I use 45# dumbbells. I should preface this by saying I have been lifting for a few years and have progressed to these weights.

I can't remember any of the other exercises right now. And no....I cannot do an unassisted pull up...LOL! Hopefully if I lose weight I will be strong enough to!
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you two!

Here's where I am currently:

Chest and Back: 23-27 regular push-ups each round (and about the same with other push-ups except military and diamond where about half are on my knees); lawnmowers: 12 reps, 30 pounds; heavy pants: 12 reps, 25 lbs.; Back flys: 12 reps, 15 lbs.; all pull-ups done with chair or bands

(I'm just officially starting, but I had incorporated Chest and Back into my other routines, so I have numbers foe that workout and not others. I'll share the rest as I progress, and I hope others will do the same.)

Thanks!
  • kelzs1
    kelzs1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started the Lean yesterday. Today should have been Cardio X, but I switch it out for Plyo. I did wear my hr monitor and watch and I burned almost 400 calories with Plyo. Tomorrow I will do Shoulders & Arms. I did this about a year ago, and got shaped up pretty quickly. I don't lift near the weights that you guys do though. Wow, that's amazing. I'm trying for long, lean muscles. I've never used over my 8 to 10 lbs. weight sets. I'm able to do quite a few pushups (about 50), on my toes and I attribute all of them to my first round of P90X. It felt good to be back. I've got about 15 lbs to lose, and hoping this helps. I'm glad to find this group.
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    Thanks for the post, kelzs1! Feel free to add me as a friend. I did Cardio Intervals this morning from P90 Master Series, which is a lot of Plyo, and I like the pacing much better than Plyo X. I burned 430 calories this morning doing it, which is close to Plyo X burn. I'm doing Chest and Back tomorrow because I did Shoulders and Arms Monday. I'm going to post stats for S & A tonight.

There are a lot of posts about lifting heavier because it's kind of a myth that you will bulk up if you lift heavy. I always wanted to have longer muscles too, but I'm going for the gusto this time to see how weightlifting can really reshape my body.
  • stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I was able to increase my weights for shoulders and arms today. Definitely lowered my reps to 8 or 10 though. I actually surprised myself at times thinking there was no way I'd be able to do certain ones so heavy but I did it! The only ones I'm not doing heavy with low reps are the ones where he says "everyone does 16 reps".
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    Stats from Shoulders and Arms on Monday

I hadn't done this workout in a while so I had no idea where to start, but here's what i did:

Shoulder presses: Weight 15-17.5 / 12 reps each time

Bicep curls: weight 15 / 9-11 reps

Tricep kickbacks: Weight 10-12.5 / 12-18 reps

Swimmers press: W 12.5-15 / 10-14 reps

Concentration curls: W 12.5-8 / 15 reps

Chair dips: 22-25

Upright rows: W 12.5-15 / 10-12 reps

Static Arm Curls: W 12.5-15 / 16

Tricep kickbacks: W 10/ 10 each way

Shoulder flys: 10-12.5 / 7 reps

Cohen curls: 12.5-15 / 9-14

Tricep extensions: 10-12.5 / 13-15

Did bonus round with 10-12.5 / 8-9 reps; 20 side tri-rises

Got good notes this round so I should be better prepared for next week.