Doing the shred, except when....

Options
I need opinions. On weekends I go standup paddling. Sunday I paddled 5.11 miles and burned 613 calories, according to my Garmin. When I got home I walked the dog for 30 minutes, then did a solid 30 minutes of stretching out my muscles weary from paddling. I just didn't have it in me to do the Shred. I figure it's a trade-off worth taking since I get a whole-body workout on the board.

So my question is this: Is it reasonable on the days I paddle for me NOT to do the shred?

Replies

• jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I say yes you don't need to do that Shred those days but what do I know :)
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree. Supposedly, Shred is supposed to be done 4-6 times a week, but still for a full 30 days, which means the cycle would extend for longer than a month. I don't necessarily follow that last part so I can stick with challenges like this. I did pilates one night and an hour long bike ride another day and skipped Shred those days. Physically I could have done Shred, but there's just not enough time.
  • mrsmartinez0625
    mrsmartinez0625 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think with burning over 600 calories, you can definitely feel free to skip the shred on those days. Plus, you don't wanna exhaust yourself! :)