What did you do this weekend?

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
I see that some were home on Saturday. Did anybody go out?

Let's see... my weekend started early. On Thursday I went out to ladies night to a restaurant/ bar up the street. I went by my lonesome. :blushing: It was okay. The band played awesome music but I felt a bit awkward at times being alone. I was there for about 2 drinks when a friend texted me. So this guy, I met him on POF and we went out but I'm not physically attracted to him. We've hung out now about 3 times. I like him as a buddy. So anyway, he was out and I met up with him and his friends. We just drank and sat around a fire. He tried to kiss me that night :embarassed: and I turned him down.
The next night I was home watching tv, baking. Same friend and I start texting and I end up giving him the "I don't see us like that" speech. :indifferent: He ends up being cool about it because I'm all worried he's going to hate me. He reassures me he likes me and that it's fine to just hang out. He asked me to meet up with him again so we had a beer or 2. It was fine. He's a cool cat.
Saturday I woke up late and then decorated a cake to take to a meet up group I joined a while back but never attended a gathering as of yet. It was a 2012 set your goals meet up. It was cool. It's a women's group and we were all ages and status'. We ate yummy (lots of veggies!) food and lots of vino! I'll be going out with them again on Wednesday to a comedy show.
Oh I had started hearing back from my mysterious poofer POF guy again here and there. I ended up texting him when I got home and invited him to see a movie. He was cooking at the time so he said I could go there or he could come to me. We chose my place as he has roommates. We watched Edward Scissorhands and started making out 3/4 of the way around midnight or so and didn't stop until 6 in the morning!!!!! We only made out. It's pretty fun lol.
Sunday I was supposed to go out on a 1st meet up with a POF guy I canceled on before... well he canceled on me early during the day. Boo!!! I was out shopping for a 1st date outfit too!! So I ended up shopping and coming home to a nice comfy couch with me, my doggy and my stupid cat.

So what did you do!?! I hate Monday a.ms. Please entertain me.

Replies

• jenniferleigh30
    jenniferleigh30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm fairly new to this site but so far I am loving it. This weekend was pretty low key. Went out on a lunch date Saturday afternoon with a guy I just met. Conversation was ok, I don't think there was an attraction. I spent Saturday night at a bar watching our Detroit Lions lose to the Saints :( I spent all day Sunday shopping for a birthday outfit. I'm a little stuck between dressing like a "twenty-something clubber" and an adult. I'll be turning 30 this weekend and I've been looking for the perfect birthday outfit. I quickly remembered I don't really like shopping since I've gained a little bit of weight. The good news is that it motivated me to eat really good and workout today!
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Community meeting Sat, took tree to a recycle place.
    Sunday church, farmer's market, ran a mile at the track and came home to sleep.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Saturday I spent 4 hours at work followed by getting my hair cut and colored. I loved the way my hair dresser styled my hair and it was a shame I ended up spending Saturday night and all day Sunday on the couch with a horrible cold.
  • jenniferleigh30
    jenniferleigh30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Saturday I spent 4 hours at work followed by getting my hair cut and colored. I loved the way my hair dresser styled my hair and it was a shame I ended up spending Saturday night and all day Sunday on the couch with a horrible cold.

I hate wasting a good hairday or good outfit doing nothing! Hope you feel better :)
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Friday, Got drunk, ate bar food, and made out with a trash can:( Sat, stayed home and saying im too old to drink like that and swear im not drinking ever again. Sunday, played Super Mario Brothers and Zelda. Btw, I stil feel like I got ran over by a tracker.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I spent the weekend snowboarding. Such a bummer that the conditions are so bad, but that's what makes New England skiers and snowboarders the best - we learn on ice.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I spent the entire weekend with a guy I met before Xmas. We were acting smitten with each other. Then Monday night we "broke up." What is it with meeting guys online, it seems like everything is super accelerated. Anyway that was a bummer because he had a lot of what I was looking for and he said the same about me. Oh well :huh:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I spent saturday out with this guy I met ast wensday. It went very well didn't get home til 6 am. We danced drank and talked. Then we went out again on Monday night and somehow I ended out til 330 am. I'm hoping to see him again this weekend :bigsmile:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Friday night I had a dinner date, then we went to a bar and met up with a friend of mine and listened to a band.

Saturday I got a facial and read The Hunger Games

Sunday I met a friend for brunch then went grocery shopping then read book 2 and part of book 3 of The Hunger Games :)
  • calvert6183
    Options
    I spent the entire weekend with a guy I met before Xmas. We were acting smitten with each other. Then Monday night we "broke up." What is it with meeting guys online, it seems like everything is super accelerated. Anyway that was a bummer because he had a lot of what I was looking for and he said the same about me. Oh well :huh:

Its because there are way more guys online dating sites than women. For example, POF, there is a place that gives you the numbers. Its crazy like 11 guys per girl. SO what happens is they meet a amazing woman like you and they try to win your heart because they know that if it doesnt work out they have to go back to competing with 50 dudes per woman.

I have friends both make and female, the males get messaged like 1-3 times every 2 days. WOmen get messaged by 30-50 times a day. Most of my females friends just found it overwhelming so they get off there. I cant blame a guy for trying, ya know, you are a catch. Its harder for a guy to find a great woman but women hard alot of choices (i do know alot are perverted ro old but they are still choices) so when a guy does actualy get a datem he hangs on with a death grip unlike the women who can say oh well, to the next.

Ive been on there for 3 years, its near impossible to meet anyone period. Most are on there for fun, are already talking to 50 guys and cant get to know any of them, or just moved to the area. Actually some country artist wrote a song about online dating about hot women just looking for fun. Its funny. I am sorry things didnt work out but I do understand why its accelerated. New York women understand how the men feel because the ratio. Way more single women in new york than men so women.

Sorry im preaching, as a professional adult who doesnt like meeting women in bars, its tough. Just know, online most men want either sex or a serious relationship. I wish you well in your search.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Its because there are way more guys online dating sites than women. For example, POF, there is a place that gives you the numbers. Its crazy like 11 guys per girl. SO what happens is they meet a amazing woman like you and they try to win your heart because they know that if it doesnt work out they have to go back to competing with 50 dudes per woman.

I have friends both make and female, the males get messaged like 1-3 times every 2 days. WOmen get messaged by 30-50 times a day. Most of my females friends just found it overwhelming so they get off there. I cant blame a guy for trying, ya know, you are a catch. Its harder for a guy to find a great woman but women hard alot of choices (i do know alot are perverted ro old but they are still choices) so when a guy does actualy get a datem he hangs on with a death grip unlike the women who can say oh well, to the next.

Ive been on there for 3 years, its near impossible to meet anyone period. Most are on there for fun, are already talking to 50 guys and cant get to know any of them, or just moved to the area. Actually some country artist wrote a song about online dating about hot women just looking for fun. Its funny. I am sorry things didnt work out but I do understand why its accelerated. New York women understand how the men feel because the ratio. Way more single women in new york than men so women.

Sorry im preaching, as a professional adult who doesnt like meeting women in bars, its tough. Just know, online most men want either sex or a serious relationship. I wish you well in your search.

lol thanks, I agree with you I am a catch... I am definitely looking for something serious at this point, the last few years I've spent dating less seriously and I'm tired of it. So now it's becoming a lot more obvious more quickly when someone does not want something serious as well. Which was the case with this guy. He texted me today, wants to be just friends, and I told him no thanks, it's either something real or nothing at all, which I think upset him but just being friends is not what I want right now. Oh well, on to then next. I hate online dating to meet people but so far it's been the most successful "ish", obviously it hasn't worked quite yet but I'm hopeful...
  • calvert6183
    Options
    @psmd , I havnt been in a real love relationship in years. Ive been in loveless ones but it gets old. Im getting older and ready to meet someone great. Dating is so old to me. U get to know someone and then you have to start all over again.. Also, on dating sites, i read so many profiles and it feels like im being sold a a salvaged automobile by an used car salesman. Now, I just got to find that character.