Hi

Options
Can I join you guys?! I've done the BFC before and I love it! My weight has crept back up over the past few months so I just started again. Hoping to drop at least 20...Down 2.2 since I started 2 days ago.

Kristie

Replies

• sthompson0214
    sthompson0214 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristie! Welcome! I just started too...any tips/suggestions from the first time you did it?
  • lovelymamu
    Options
    I there! One thing I learned is that I can't go too low on my carbs or I don't feel very good and I struggle during workouts. I've found that making my last meal a no -carb meal also helps with the weight loss. I also follow purplerosy.blogspot.com and meandjorge.com and that helps me stay focused on what I need to do. They are both BFC sites and they are very helpful and inspirational. :smile:
  • sthompson0214
    sthompson0214 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've seen both of those sites. I'll have to look at them in more detail. Yeah, I feel you on the carbs. Last time I counted my sugars and the actual number of carbs...so I allotted myself 120 b/c doing it as a serving, well shoot you eat something that has 6 gms of carbs, that's one serving...I may go back to that. I'm also getting headaches that I think might have something to do with eating so few carbs??
    Thanks for the tips! Eating no carbs at dinner...YIKES :noway:
  • lovelymamu
    Options
    For dinner just try chicken or steak and a veggie or salad. I know it's going to have a few carbs, but it's better than 40. :wink:
  • LoTRFangirl
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm new here too but have been doing the BFC for 6 months (with a major deviation during the holidays). Back in sugar detox!!! I've lost about 15 kilos and would be quite happy to drop another 5- I'm shooting for the end of February. Love this way of eating! Both the blogs you mentioned are great. I take it you guys we doing the "regular" BFC and not the Fast Track? I tried the FT but I just ...can't...:)
  • lovelymamu
    Options
    Hi ~ The fast track is NOT for me! lol I love to workout and on that few carbs I just can't. I've tried it a couple of times. This time, however, I am going to do a lot less than 120 carbs a day. I'm going to shoot for 50-75 and see how that works with my exercise and go from there.
  • LoTRFangirl
    Options
    I typically go a little lower carb too. But I find if I keep within the sugar limits, the carbs pretty much take care of themselves. Cutting the sugar is the biggest stabilizing factor for me. So I eat a lot of meat and salad,,,,:)
  • Kimberlee05
    Kimberlee05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristie~Yay!! I found the group. So I am excited you shared this with me. I hope I see great changes. I am down 5.5 pounds and I have been doing it for a week now. I am with you guys on the headaches. I know it is the lower carbs but it seems to have leveled out. Although I haven't started working out yet and so I may be like you and have to add a bit more.
  • Eporter727
    Eporter727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Ended my first 24 hours with a little loss! and it wasn't so hard. :-)
  • pricer15
    pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second week. I think I knew I could do this thing when I was able to have two pieces of french toast, two sausages, scrambled eggs, and sf syrup for breakfast yesterday. My biggest failing is not planning in advance. I use MFP the night before to balance my food the the next day and then print it out. This week I'm going to try a penne bake dish in one of the books. My dh can't have tomatoe sauce and the individual portion sizes works great. I can make his with alfredo sauce and mine with marinara.