BLACK TEAM WEEK 1 WEIGH-IN!!!

Options
jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
Black team it's finally our first weigh-in!!! We need weigh-ins by Wednsday night, so Pam may do her calculations for us.
The format for weigh-ins are as follows:

SW or Starting Weight:

CW or Current Weight:

What you did this week to accomplish your weight loss / what you did this week that hindered your weight loss .....we can all learn from each other! (This is optional.....) :

BLACK TEAM PARTICIPANTS (25) ARE AS FOLLOWS:

USERNAME/ NAME / STARTING WEIGHT

LGRIER2012/ LURAH/ 371,0

JOHNSOH85 / HOLLY / 368,0

SUTHERNBELLLE/ CARMEN / 360,0

ATHOMP4 / SHAWN / 337,4

JUST2LIVEAGAI/ KRISTEN / 337,2

GBLOOM182/ GEOFF/ 329,0

NAIMAN2011/ KELLEY/ 326,0

JBEAUX87 / JOE / 312.0

TONYG111160/ TONY / 310,5

RXXXM / RON / 303,0

KAELAWILLIFOR/ KAE-LA/ 300,0

CARBMONSTER/ / 287,6

JOMOM2 / JOANNE / 281,0 TEAM CAPTAIN (BLACK TEAM)

LOSING4ME2012 /JACKIE / 279,5

HWARDLE / HEATHER / 277,0

SARAHRACHAEL8/ SARAH/ 275,0

BOXNCHIC / ANGELA / 274,0

SAMANTHA64118 /SAMANTHA / 273,0

LSUITOR / LEIGH ANNNA/ 270,0

IUANGINA / ANGIE/ 268,0

CLAREHOLBROOK/ CLARE / 266,0

CHICAGOPOSH /BEATRIZ / 259,0

MARULOP14/ ALEJANDRA / 258,0

LOSER4SURE/ EMI/ 256,8

RASPBERRYDELI/ MIRANDA / 256,8

I am hoping for everyone to weight in, so we can keep our team together!

Ok BLACK TEAM, GOOD LUCK!!!

Replies

• jomom2
    Options
    Starting Weight: 281lbs.

Current Weight: 272lbs.

I am soooo happy about this!!!

Being on MFP has motivated me:smile:

Good luck team!!!
  • shawn_johnson
    Options
    Shawn (athomp4)

Starting Weight: 337.4
    Current Weight: 331.0 (down 6.4)

This week, I tracked the foods that I ate and the exercise I completed. I disciplined myself to indulge in moderation and be mindful of a more satisfying long-term goal rather than moment of something that tasted good. I'm looking forward to continuing this journey!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    SW: 268
    CW: 258 (shocked)

I tracked all of my food this week and made sure that I had the appropriate amount of water each day. I need to work on my sleep and getting in 60 minutes of cardio 6x per week in addition to my circuit training.
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SW (last week): 329
    CW: 323.4
    (5.6lbs down!)

Last year SW: 375

I've been going to a nutritionist since my daughter was born last year, and it's been slow and steady, usually 3-5lbs down a month. Thanks to this biggest loser group I had the motivation and confidence to lose more than that amount of weight in just one week! I have to say, I was hoping for double digits but since this is not my true "week 1" where people shed the most poundage, I'll take 5.6lbs down with pride! :) I'm hoping to break the 50lbs down mark next week!

Worked out every day this week (it use to be 2 day a week, if that) ran (jogged) a 5k and had more then 8 cups a of water a day. It's been a great week! GO BLACK TEAM!!!
  • boxnchic
    boxnchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    SW: 274
    CW: 273 (-1lb)

This week started out with a bang and I was in the gym every morning before work and eating under my calories each day. Then I got hit with some bad news and responded with some emotional eating; however recognized it early on and changed by behavior.

This week's plan is to:

1. Drink all my water
    2. Pack lunch everyday (i'm not at a place where I can "wing it")
    3. Gym everymorning (Tues - Fri) and possibly a dance class on Saturday
    4. Check out the black team challenge and incorporate it into my day.
  • johnsoh85
    Options
    Starting weight 368
    1st weigh in - 360

Lost 8 pounds this week and so proud i havent had a soft drink all week way to go black team!!!!!!!!!
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    SW (last week): 279.5
    CW: 274.2

I'm really thrilled with this, since it was week 6 of my weight loss program and not a true week 1 result. I've just lost 31.8 pounds in the past 6 weeks. My journal is public (to my friends), so you can see I track EVERYTHING daily and have been making an effort to work out, drink more water, and stick with my program. :)

Good luck Black Team!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    SW or Starting Weight: 270.0

CW or Current Weight: 260.5 (9.5lbs lost!!)

I have changed my whole way of thinking (and my fiances, who doesn't have a lb to loose!), when I go to reach for something bad, I check MFP to make sure I have the calories for the day and most of the time I do and then I think, but if I don't have this I could have this, that and the other HEALTHY option! I drank a ton of water, most days exceeding 10 cups. I completly cut out ALL caffeine (coffee, soft drink, etc) And I started to workout again. The only thing I feel like I did to hinder my weight loss was I attended a bridal show on Sunday and ate 6 samples of cake :( but I tracked the amount of walking I did at a moderate pace and almost burned those cals off.

MFP BL challenge really help me accomplish this because I feel if I didn't follow the "rules" I would disappoint all of my team mates and thats the last thing I want to do

-xo- GO BLACK TEAM!!! -ox-
  • jomom2
    Options
    Shawn (athomp4)

Starting Weight: 337.4
    Current Weight: 331.0 (down 6.4)

This week, I tracked the foods that I ate and the exercise I completed. I disciplined myself to indulge in moderation and be mindful of a more satisfying long-term goal rather than moment of something that tasted good. I'm looking forward to continuing this journey!
    Great job! I LOVE this "satisfying long-term goal rather than moment of something that tasted good" it is very true!!!! You know I am going to print that saying and put it in my kitchen!!! Thanks!
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW: 268
    CW: 258 (shocked)

I tracked all of my food this week and made sure that I had the appropriate amount of water each day. I need to work on my sleep and getting in 60 minutes of cardio 6x per week in addition to my circuit training.
    Amazing work! I love that you are planning your week already! AWESOME!!! P.S. I am also having trouble with the sleep.
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job! I LOVE this "satisfying long-term goal rather than moment of something that tasted good" it is very true!!!! You know I am going to print that saying and put it in my kitchen!!! Thanks!

Nevermind the kitchen, I'm going to staple it to our takeout menu folder! :P
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW (last week): 329
    CW: 323.4
    (5.6lbs down!)

Last year SW: 375

I've been going to a nutritionist since my daughter was born last year, and it's been slow and steady, usually 3-5lbs down a month. Thanks to this biggest loser group I had the motivation and confidence to lose more than that amount of weight in just one week! I have to say, I was hoping for double digits but since this is not my true "week 1" where people shed the most poundage, I'll take 5.6lbs down with pride! :) I'm hoping to break the 50lbs down mark next week!

Worked out every day this week (it use to be 2 day a week, if that) ran (jogged) a 5k and had more then 8 cups a of water a day. It's been a great week! GO BLACK TEAM!!!
    what an accomplishment since last year! Slow and steady is the best way!!! Fast weight loss is fast weight gain. I am sure we will be celebrating with you next week :smile:
  • jomom2
    Options

Nevermind the kitchen, I'm going to staple it to our takeout menu folder! :P
    hahaha! you're right!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW: 274
    CW: 273 (-1lb)

This week started out with a bang and I was in the gym every morning before work and eating under my calories each day. Then I got hit with some bad news and responded with some emotional eating; however recognized it early on and changed by behavior.

This week's plan is to:

1. Drink all my water
    2. Pack lunch everyday (i'm not at a place where I can "wing it")
    3. Gym everymorning (Tues - Fri) and possibly a dance class on Saturday
    4. Check out the black team challenge and incorporate it into my day.
    First of all, sorry you had bad news. I for one, know about emotional eating. It is sooo hard, because food is the first thing we turn to. I am happy you have your plan all set out for the week! You lost a pound, and you must give yourself a pat in the back for that!!! EVERY POUND COUNTS!! CONGRATS!
  • jomom2
    Options
    Starting weight 368
    1st weigh in - 360

Lost 8 pounds this week and so proud i havent had a soft drink all week way to go black team!!!!!!!!!
    I am soo proud of you!! I know how hard it is to give up soft drinks!!! I personally do not have it around the house. Only when I know company is coming over. Have a great Week 2!
  • kaelawilliford
    Options
    Starting Weight: 300

Current Weight: 291.4

Down 8.6!

I completely cut out all soda's - I only drank water and at least 9 cups a day. I hated water....I probably drank a cup a day (maybe), so I just had to make myself drink it - but after a few days it feels natural. Plus, I don't feel sluggish from the coming off the caffeine. I also cut out sweets - I would have a candy bar usually everyday - I have frozen peppermint Hershey kisses in my freezer - I found if I just needed a little sweet and couldn't stand it, one kiss would usually do - at 22 calories each - 1 maybe 2 is all I wanted! It has been great making all of our dinners at home - we would go out to eat/or do fast food at least 3-4 times a week - and the food at home is so much better!

This week, my goal is to really focus on exercising. It's been raining here in Texas this week, but I have access to Zumba DVD's and am thinking I would like to try those!

It was a great week - and I am excited and ready for the life change!

14132614.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW (last week): 279.5
    CW: 274.2

I'm really thrilled with this, since it was week 6 of my weight loss program and not a true week 1 result. I've just lost 31.8 pounds in the past 6 weeks. My journal is public (to my friends), so you can see I track EVERYTHING daily and have been making an effort to work out, drink more water, and stick with my program. :)

Good luck Black Team!
    I told you before and I will say it again, you are an inspiration! Wow! I can tell by your profile pic, that is how you are feeling. That's great! Thank you for having your journal public for us. We can really learn from you!!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW or Starting Weight: 270.0

CW or Current Weight: 260.5 (9.5lbs lost!!)

I have changed my whole way of thinking (and my fiances, who doesn't have a lb to loose!), when I go to reach for something bad, I check MFP to make sure I have the calories for the day and most of the time I do and then I think, but if I don't have this I could have this, that and the other HEALTHY option! I drank a ton of water, most days exceeding 10 cups. I completly cut out ALL caffeine (coffee, soft drink, etc) And I started to workout again. The only thing I feel like I did to hinder my weight loss was I attended a bridal show on Sunday and ate 6 samples of cake :( but I tracked the amount of walking I did at a moderate pace and almost burned those cals off.

MFP BL challenge really help me accomplish this because I feel if I didn't follow the "rules" I would disappoint all of my team mates and thats the last thing I want to do

-xo- GO BLACK TEAM!!! -ox-
    Amazing job! I feel the same way, about dissapointing my team. It gets me moving, lol! That's great that you have your fiance thinking that way. It is difficult when your loved one, doesn't understand because they do not have weight issues. About the cake sampling, you have to sample them its for your wedding! hahaha!
  • jomom2
    Options
    Starting Weight: 300

Current Weight: 291.4

Down 8.6!

I completely cut out all soda's - I only drank water and at least 9 cups a day. I hated water....I probably drank a cup a day (maybe), so I just had to make myself drink it - but after a few days it feels natural. Plus, I don't feel sluggish from the coming off the caffeine. I also cut out sweets - I would have a candy bar usually everyday - I have frozen peppermint Hershey kisses in my freezer - I found if I just needed a little sweet and couldn't stand it, one kiss would usually do - at 22 calories each - 1 maybe 2 is all I wanted! It has been great making all of our dinners at home - we would go out to eat/or do fast food at least 3-4 times a week - and the food at home is so much better!

This week, my goal is to really focus on exercising. It's been raining here in Texas this week, but I have access to Zumba DVD's and am thinking I would like to try those!

It was a great week - and I am excited and ready for the life change!

14132614.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    I am so happy for you! Way to Go!!! I love to hear people cutting out soda and bringing in the water. I LOVE your idea about the hershey kisses! I know its a struggle when it rains out, but that's great you have been doing your Zumba! I am so glad to be changing my life with all of you!!!
  • marulop14
    marulop14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SW: 258
    Today: 252.4
    Lost: 5.6

I have been with MFP for two weeks. The fist week it was really hard passing from maybe 3,000 cal per day to 1,430 so I exceeded my cals every day. This week I have been eating less to not go over my cal limit. I ate some bad foods every now and then but still recorded everything and got 40 min in of excercise. I have been drinking 10 glasses of water daily. I am super sore from my muscles... Specially my legs!!! I have been trying really hard but sometimes I don't want to overdo myself not eating some things because I'm planning to do this for the long run.... If I restrict myself too much I feel like I can probably give up.... I want my body to get used to the healthy eating habits, the excercise and the low calories..... I know I haven't lost as much as my other teammates but I think it was pretty good because I feel happy knowing that I'm not depriving myself. 5.6lbs is way more than I expected to lose. What other teammates should realize is that not everyone is the same and not everyone will lose the same as others. Some may lose more because they weight more and some less..... I also think that i have gained muscle weight because ihave been sore the whole week... 2 days abs, 2 days butt, and past 3 days LEGS,..... Couldnt really sleep at night from the leg pain.... Lol.... Good luck everyone!!! I'm excited and can't wait to make new changes for this new week....