When to weigh yourself?

Options
I've been weighing myself first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom and in my PJs. I notice that when I weight myself in the evening, it usually fluctuates up by five or more pounds! I know this is normal, but I'm just curious to get other people's feedback on this, especially in this group where we're all similar sizes.

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I weigh in the morning. At night you have food and water and stuff in you so I try to weigh when I am the most empty :)
  • gdaykatie
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself daily or once a week?

I'm thinking about weighing daily but only recording on Wednesdays (Weigh-in Wednesdays!).
  • Sarw27
    Sarw27 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Definitely first thing in the morning. As for frequency, I weigh in almost daily for curiosity sake but I try to only pay attention to the weigh in right after my monthly period ends, as I fluctuate a good 10lbs throughout my cycle. TMI? lol
  • cassiejo84
    cassiejo84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep myself accountable, but I only record on Mondays. Oh and always in the morning.

:)
  • brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning after I get up (and go pee. lol) My scale is in the bathroom so it just right there looking at me. I like to weight daily because I NEED to know. If I gain a pound, I feel more motivated to work harder the next day and try to push myself more. And every morning I get on there and the number is smaller (even if its only 0.2 smaller) I have a happy dance. Makes my day better and I feel like I am actually doing it.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I did ok with weighing daily for a while, I agree its super motivation to see any movement down. But after a while it go discouraging for me, there were days where I ate perfect, had a killer workout, and no loss the next day or sometimes a gain. That would through me off track. I know some people can see a gain and it pushes them to work harder, Im the oppostite, it makes me made and then Im like why bother.
    So moral of the story, Im a once a week girl now.
  • gdaykatie
    Options
    I did ok with weighing daily for a while, I agree its super motivation to see any movement down. But after a while it go discouraging for me, there were days where I ate perfect, had a killer workout, and no loss the next day or sometimes a gain. That would through me off track. I know some people can see a gain and it pushes them to work harder, Im the oppostite, it makes me made and then Im like why bother.
    So moral of the story, Im a once a week girl now.

Yeah. I think I'm the same way. I'll stick to once a week and hope that my curiosity doesn't get the best of me throughout the week haha.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning in your b day outfit
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I weigh in each time I go to the gym. That is the only scale I have access to that is consistent.
  • LouisAA1978
    LouisAA1978 Posts: 275
    Options
    i weigh in twice a day after my first bathroom trip before eating and just before i go to bed and i have a 2 to 5 pound difference depends on how much water i drink at night
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Every Friday, at the gym. So basically after I wake up, have two cups of water and breakfast. I then head to the gym and weigh myself before starting with my personal trainer.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once every 2-3 weeks at the DR, that way I am using the same scale everytime, and not able to do it too often.....mind you, I have always done this, even though I have only recently started watching what I am eating....
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, right before my shower. I look at the scale every night as I'm getting ready for bed and say 'nope, not stepping on you at night'. I usually only log my weight on MFP once a week but I keep track of my daily progress with a Lily Slim ticker widget on my desktop.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before my shower too.
  • dkmount721
    dkmount721 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In the morning sans clothes.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single morning. It teaches me a lesson if i mess up the day before.
  • Bethikinz
    Bethikinz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week in the morning. I've fallen in to the mind game loaded trap of weighing myself every day..sometimes several times a day. It stressed me out way too much, so once a week is good for me.