Can you do this more than 3 times per week?

Options
Is it okay to do this like 5 times a week? Or should I stick to the three?

Replies

• anilyze
    anilyze Posts: 67
    Options
    It's generally not recommended. The idea is to get you through the program with a solid foundation WITHOUT INJURY and one of the keys to doing that is going slooooooooow. :) I would recommend sticking to the program and just doing something else (strength, cross, biking, walking etc) on the off days.

Alternatively, you can get through the program a little faster, by just stringing the workouts every other day and not 3 days a week. That might save you a little time while still taking it slow enough to keep you healthy and able to run.

Good luck to you! Please check in and let us know how you're doing! :D
  • tseecka
    tseecka Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've found that it's difficult to do other activities, like training on the elliptical, that I used to enjoy before I got started on C25K. It just feels so much better to run, I feel like I acheive more, work harder, and am doing more to improve my fitness. Probably perception, but there you have it...I'm fairly fit, but I don't have a lot of endurance, which is what I'm using C25K to work on. So what follows may not apply across the board.

What I've started doing on my off days is, repeating the day before--but not pushing myself. Whereas on my official running days I will use any means necessary to keep myself going for the full intervals (any means necessary being things like cussing myself out, counting down seconds, visualizing rather geeky crap in my head to motivate me to keep going), on off days I only push as far as my comfort level allows. I like the structure of C25K, I like that it tells me exactly what to do, and it takes a lot of the guesswork out of it for me.

So, for instance, if I'm on Week 3 (which I happen to be), on my off days I will still shoot for the 1.5 and 3 minute intervals; but if I start getting tired, and feel like I want to stop, I'll let myself, rather than pushing through it. I find it keeps me from overworking myself to the point of injury, but it also keeps me in the routine, which is one of my biggest personal challenges.