What's on your playlist?

Options
tseecka
tseecka Posts: 90 Member
I'm wondering if I'm the only weirdo out there who actually builds playlists based on interval times for the specific weeks and days of the program.

I kept meaning to do it with W1 and W2, but I finally put together my playlist for W3. The times aren't 100% on but they're close enough that I can miss the last few seconds of a song as I switch from walking to running. ;)

It'd be cool to share our own personal playlists; I think it's really neat to see what other people find motivational to listen to as they're pounding pavement! :D

Here's my W3 playlist to start us off:

1. The Grid - Tron Legacy Soundtrack
2. Flynn Lives - Tron Legacy Soundtrack
3. He's a Pirate - Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack
4. Up is Down - At World's End Soundtrack
5. Sun's Gone Wibbly - Doctor Who S5 Soundtrack
6. I'll Make a Man Outta You - Mulan Soundtrack
7. Words Win Wars - Doctor Who S5 Soundtrack
8. Dinner is Served - Dead Man's Chest Soundtrack
9. I Am the Doctor - Doctor Who S5 Soundtrack

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of soundtracks and instrumentals, lol. These are songs that never fail to get me going, and for whatever reason, they both motivate and relax me. I often up my running speed from 7.0 to 7.7 mph during I Am the Doctor, just because the music makes me want to run faster and the combination of the two ends up being really exhilarating. :D

So what do you guys listen to?

Replies

• rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Options
    Now that's impressive!

I don't go as far as to adapt my playlist for the intervals, but I do have a few (ever changing) favourites I use for running (when I'm not using a podcast to accompany my training).

Currently on the list (please don't judge me...):

Earthquake - Labrinth ft Tinie Tempah
    I'm Sexy and You Know It - LMFAO
    Party Rock Anthem - LMFAP
    Lonely Boy - Black Keys
    The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Janie I Will Only Let You Down - Twin Falls
    Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People
    Antidote - Swedish House Mafia Vs. Knife Party
    Tractor - Wretch32

A kind of crazy mixture, as you can see...
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    My "Move It" playlist has some Timbaland, White Zombie, Good Charlotte, Black Eyed Peas, Flo Rida, Nine Inch Nails, Prince, and Fall Out Boy (amount others). I haven't arranged them into intervals (in fact, I'd have to add in some slower songs to do that). All of these have 130 - 160 BPM. But now you have me thinking...
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I listen to Pandora at the gym, and I just got the "Pop Fitness Radio" and it's the best thing that ever happened to my runs. It's all 90s dance anthems, mixed in with some current pop/dance music. It's awesome.