Walk to London Challenge

Options
bethany1031
bethany1031 Posts: 40 Member
Hi all! My office is having a Virtual Walk to London to celebrate the 2012 Olympics......and get people off their duffs. We've all been given pedometers & told to just walk as much or as little as we want. We'll chart our progress along the route the olympic torch will take.

I figured this group would help me stay motivated as I try to reach 10,000 steps a day (which is A LOT OF FRIGGIN STEPS!). So far I'm at 4400 today.

Replies

• yolste07
    yolste07 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That is great, I wanted to do a walk challenge like that but could not figure out how to go about figuring out the step. I went to a few websites, I had a good one about a year ago but could not remember the name of the site. You can do this and have fun while you are doing it.
  • follownocrowd
    follownocrowd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is a lot of friggin steps! I have yet to reach it since I am not running anymore....but that is going to change now! I have always wondered how you would figure out how many steps it would take you to get somewhere....if anyone knows, please let me know!
  • bethany1031
    bethany1031 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We received a handout that said 500 steps is approximately 1/4 of a mile. SO....it would take almost 2,000 steps to equal 1 mile. for this challenged we have over 10 million steps needed to make it to London. We have divided into teams so we can challenge each other on how many steps we're all taking, but we're totalling each team's weekly steps & counting it towards the 10million needed to get to London.

So far it's been very competitive! I logged 7500 steps on Monday & 6400 yesterday, and thought I was doing great......only to find out there are people with 10,000+ steps per day already. Guess I need to get on it!