Recipes

Options
I don't like to cook at all but I thought this would be a great place for us to share recipes. I have started Weight Watchers now so I am going to go thru the paperwork and see what I can find that is healthy and yummy!

Replies

• RThibodeau1970
    Options
    Love this idea... I will sit down and go through my WW recipes and see what I come up with...
  • RThibodeau1970
    Options
    Ok here are some yummy WW recipes.

Weight Watchers Points Plus Taco Casserole
    1 lb ground skinless chicken breast
    1/2 c onions, chopped
    1/2 c bell peppers, chopped
    1 clove garlic
    1 pkg taco seasoning mix
    8 ozs taco sauce
    1 c fat-free sour cream
    1 c fat-free cottage cheese
    1 c low-fat tortilla chips, whole or broken up
    1 c low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
    3/4 c salsa
    Directions:
    Heat oven to 400. Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside. In a skillet, cook chicken, onion, peppers, and garlic clove until tender. Add seasoning mix and taco sauce; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside. Place half the broken chips in the bottom of casserole dish. Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining crushed chips. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with 3/4 cup salsa if desired.
    Makes 8 (1 Cup Servings)
    Nutritional Info Per Serving:
    287 Calories; 4g Fat; 25g Protein; 34g Carbs; 43mg Cholesterol; 2g Fiber; Points Plus+ 7

Cake with diet soda - THIS IS YUMMY....
    I used diet 7up, orange cake mix put pineapple and light cool whip. this was our thanksgiving dessert
    For years I have made similar recipe using a bag of FROZEN PEACHES on the bottom of 9X13 pan, add box WHITE OR YELLOW CAKE MIX, dry, sprinkled over the peaches and pour 24 oz of DIET SPRITE OR 7-UP over it, but DO NOT MIX IT. Bake covered about 45 minutes then removed foil and bake about 15 more. Makes a wonderful peach cobbler and even better the second day. I'm sure you can use blueberries or strawberries or any frozen fruit. Add some cool whip on top!
    add a can of sugar free cherry pie filling or fresh cut rhubarb with sugar free strawberry jello sprinkled over as the bottom layer, then add cake mix.. mmmm

Taco Soup
    This recipe was given to me at my W.W. meeting from another member
    (thank you Barb) who found it to be delicious and low in points.
    I have tried it and it is indeed delicious! Enjoy!
    Makes (12) 1 cup servings

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground turkey (or lean ground beef )
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
    1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
    1 can Pinto Beans
    1 can Chile Hot Beans
    1 can whole kernel corn
    1 can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
    1 can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)

Brown meat and onions, drain. Mix Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and
    taco seasoning mix into meat. Then, without draining, add all of the other
    ingredients. Simmer 1 hour. If you can find the reduced sodium taco
    seasoning and the reduced sodium Hidden Valley it is very helpful because
    of the high sodium count in both the seasonings and the chili hot beans.
    This is delicious served with Baked Tostitos chips
    (they aren't in the point count per cup serving).

SERVING SIZE: 1 cup soup

The Baked Tostitos chips are 2 points for 9 chips
  • RThibodeau1970
    Options
    Here is great site to go to for Dining out points, food points and recipes.

http://www.dwlz.com

This is a very good site to look around at....
  • Tdapelo
    Options
    Wow, Rachel, you did great starting this off!! THANK YOU!:heart:
  • allijo99
    Options
    Follow Cooking Light on Twitter, use their website, OR subscribe to the magazine for a year. They have amazing recipes that are reasonably healthy and the nutritional information is always printed. Some of the recipes are already entered here in MFP. I'm a fan of the thai coconut curry shrimp and chicken tamale casserole.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Hi gals, I'm Bonnie and live in Old Hickory. I use this site a lot for dining out:

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-watchers-points.html

Has a lot of the restaurants that are popular and lists the calories and Points Plus and original points.
  • Tdapelo
    Options
    Thanks for the website info! :)
  • Tdapelo
    Options
    I'm not a cook at all so I'm needing some good healthy recipes. Anyone find something they LOVE that doesn't kill the weight loss?