Cheat Day?

Options
I know a lot of us are taking one day off per week to allow our bodies to recover. Well, I think I pulled my calf muscle and don't want to make it worse so I'm making today my day off. I'll get back to it tomorrow.

My question is, will it hurt me to have a brownie today? I've been really good so far, but I don't want to wreck everything either.

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and have the brownie!!! Just dont have the whole pan. I wont hurt you to have it!! Your gonna have to be senseable about your eating habits because you wont be able to go the rest of your life without ever having anouther brownie again, so just practice portion control and you will be fine :)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat day today, I ate 2000 calories, I tell you what though, I'm going to feel stronger for it tomorrow and ready to start level 2 with a bang. go for it!
  • PacificGirl
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

The brownie was DELICIOUS! And my hypoglycemia thanked me, haha. I'm just focused on chilling out on the couch with a heating pad on my calf today. Whether my body likes it or not, I'm hopping right back into it tomorrow!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be better with ice rather than heating the muscle. My physio always told me to ice swollen muscles, apparently heat eases at the time but can prolong any swelling. I dunno...works for me.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You'll probably be better with ice rather than heating the muscle. My physio always told me to ice swollen muscles, apparently heat eases at the time but can prolong any swelling. I dunno...works for me.

I've heard ice in the first 48 hours or so (to reduce swelling), heat after that point (to loosen the muscle).
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I agree we need to have a bit of the "bad" stuff this is a life time change not a fad diet IMO.

By the way I agree Ice not heat, I have a back injury following a car accident and I have been putting heat on it for ages I saw a chiropractor and she said "everyone thinks heat but Ice is the way to go"