6 years and also getting back on track

Options
I had my RNY 6 years ago (this past september). I lost about 160 pounds, I maintained for 4 years, and then decided to get pregnant. I had baby 2, and breastfed her and got myself back down to within 5 pounds of my post-op pre-baby weight... and then life got insanely crazy... and I gained about 30 pounds back... I'm getting myself back on track. Using MFP and my elliptical, teaching my husband how to ice skate, and learning coping mechanisms for the crap that life is throwing at me.

I hope I can be of help to anyone who needs it.

The RNY was seriously the best thing I ever did. I can play with my kids and do things I was never able to do before! I have about 30 pounds to lose before I'm back at my goal weight, and I know I can do it.

Replies

• bflysmile
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I'm only a month out, but it's good to see that people have had long term success. I don't think we see that much, we only hear the horror stories.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I agree, thanks for joining and posting. Your experience is valuable. Sounds like you had an outstanding weight loss. Good luck with getting back to your post surgical weight. I have my RNY on 1/16. Nervous, anxious but gung ho to drop an additional 100#. Most of the bypass group members have had outstanding success with minor issues. I look forward to the same. Check back often as I will certainly post my questions and experiences when I'm discharged.
    Christine :flowerforyou:
  • hotwendy
    Options
    I am also 6 years out and it is not easy keeping th eweight off. I lose 96 lbs and never reached my goal but did reach my MDs goal for me. I ahve since gained half of it back. It is a struggle everyday everytime I eat. I started Jan eating healthy, no sugar and working out. So far this month I have lost 10 lbs. I eat less since my pouch is still small. Now that I am eating correctly I eat less. Good luck to all.