Feel guilty?

Options
Kimbosbc
Kimbosbc Posts: 143 Member
I have been so used to feeling ashamed and guilty after eating that even now, when I know that I am eating what I should, I feel guilty for feeling full. Is that a normal feeling to have? I have only been at this for about 4 weeks now. I am just wondering if this is something that will get easier or if I should see a shrink.

Replies

• Hadasah
    Hadasah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    My suggestion is that you do not need a shrink. Old habits are hard to break and that includes the crazy guilt feelings that we have lived with for long periods of time. They used to say if you do something for 21 days then you can break a habit; however, it is not 21 days at all. It will be more like consistent pushing forward (no matter what) for at least a good 6 month period. If you are eating well and not starving yourself, it is simply a lifestyle change and in 6 months you will become accustomed to it. In my opinion the guilt feelings are left over from a part of your past. Don't look back and keep going forward. You have a good 4 weeks in, so don't let the past pull you down..smile...
  • dawnkemp58
    dawnkemp58 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I also believe old habits are hard to break, and changes are not made overnight.

Change takes time, and all humans will make mistakes... some more than others (looking at me)

So, to take away your feeling of guilt... as soon as you take that bite or do whatever you did that makes you feel like that - Start over with next meal.

Take it easy on yourself... you are worth it!