Fat Moms to Fit Mamas Progress Report

Options
MountainMia
MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
Now that we're being honest about our affiliation with the group name here, I'm willing to bet we're all working to change that. I'd like a place where I can post my progress, (or, on some days, the lack thereof) so here it is. If you want some accountability and encouragement too, post and come back often!:flowerforyou:

Today's progress: I admitted that franks in blankies are not healthy substitutes for croutons. AND, because I know they are not healthy for me, I should't be feeding them to my kids. My workout was successfull, and I stayed below my calories, but I need to be more conscious of my nutritional values and eat leaner and cleaner. Today, I am down 3 lbs from starting MFP on Monday. :happy:

Replies

• cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day today welll more of an ok day today......had unexpected things come up and missed my workout time but oh well i aim for 1200-1500 cals each day and 45min of working out min....i ate 1255 and worked out for 25min close enough lol I am going to be skiing all weekend and burning extra calories so im ok with it
  • MountainMia
    Options
    Good for you cuteness! I'm a bit jealous that you get to go skiing. We've got all this great snow, but no practical way to ski it. I'm thinking about dragging the hubs and littles up the mountain behind the house and giving some lessons. :) You will burn a LOT while up on the slopes, but plan for your eating when you are up there. The more you burn, the hungier you will be.
  • stephaniehefferon
    Options
    Having a frustrating week!!! So far this year I have lost 8 lbs, which I know is amazing and I should be celebrating that. However I have been really working hard this week on watching my calorie intake and been at the gym everyday for atleast 45 mins. I have been stuck at the exact same ounce for the past 3 days. I have tried to change up my workout routine to involve a lot more weight training, but also do atleast 30 minutes of cardio a day.

I do have a question that I have tried to search for all over but unable to get a real answer...Does anyone feel/see a difference in their body or weightloss during their ovulation week....?

just wanted to see if anyone else has this issue.....
  • cuteness81104
    Options
    We have had no snow unitl this morning basically in buffalo but the slopes hae some so im excited. i have planned out my meals and took healthy stuff to mae in our room since we can literally ski to our room and take a chair life from it so its super convienent im excited!!!!!
  • moms0211
    Options
    First off Cuteness I am SO JEALOUS you are going skiing!! I use to chapperone the N.T. High School Ski Club and loved it and got to go every weekend. Well I have not been back now in 6 years since I got pregnant with my daughter and I hate it! My husband has never been skiing so that make it even harder for me and has no interest in skiing.....Also the cost has been a issue... Are you staying right at the Holiday Valley Inn's? How about this snow we have? It took me 40 minutes to get to work and it isn't even that much snow it is just that darn wind!

Second off my confession.....I decided I am not joining the gym and bought a bunch of stuff....an excercise ball, weights and three dvd's and we have an awesome treadmill. Everything is still in the bag and the treadmill still has dust on it! :( It is just by the time I get home from work I am sooo beat! It has been a challenge for me to just watch what I have been eating these past few days. Kind of upset with myself though about the excericise cause I know it needs to be done!

Third off Cuteness you look just like my sister! Everytime I see the I see your picture I think of my sis!! :) I am on the left my sister in on the right!! :)

mysis.jpg
  • cuteness81104
    Options
    yeah we finally have snow...i have been waiting we do live in buffalo afterall but I am not looking forward to the drive t hv this afternoon, fortunately my husband will be driving.

I got my husband to start skiing when I was in hs, he was reluctant but went since we were dating and he wanted to be fun lol. Now hes obsessed.

We bought our skiis a few yeas back when the closed the ski shop by the eastern hills mall, got a really great deal and if you go on a weekday you and get b1g1 passes with a coupon from the springville mcds which doesnt add even 5 min to the trip usually o wee get discount passes from wegmans to cut down on cost. This will be our 3rd year staying right at the inn for a weekend, its our one splurge on ourselves each year and we save up for it by taking a little out of each paycheck all year.

I am so excited for a nice weekend with the hubs and to get away from the kids for a bit.....as bad as that sounds I am a stay at home mom and it gets so tiring sometimes. I am hitting up the lexington co-op for some freah organic foods on the way and taking our crockpot so itll be the perfeect fun relaxing and healthy weekend :)

and wow I do look like ur sis that so funny!!!!

as for not going to the gym I love going to the gym for the me time but since its expensive and time consuming its too hard so working out at home actually works out better for me. Try the Jillian Michaels workouts they are awesome and you can do one in 15-20min which is great when you only have a little time. I am jealous you have a treadmill though all I have is one of those tiny stair stepper things and my wii. I have found that the easiest way to get my cardio in is to do it when I watch tv instead of just sitting on the couch. Now its a habit because if w sit down to watch tv I feel strange like I should be doing something
  • MountainMia
    Options
    Stephanie, in answer to your question... YES! The monthly cycle is hell on progress... at least it looks that way on the scale. Try drinking lots of water and watching your sodium. I'm betting you are just retaining a bunch of water before aunt flo. It sucks! I'm sorry, but be comforted in that if you are watching your food and exercising, the weight you are retaining is not fat. :) You may notice a significant drop in weight or inches in your abdomen once the bloat goes away. Just stick with it. The worst that can happen is that you build and reinforce healthy habits. :)

moms0211, I had the same problem with my treadmill, videos, games and equipment. I don't work out at home because the kids interrupt and the phone rings and the hubs giggles and welll, it's just frustrating. So I worked it into the family budget to blow over $200 a month for my gym membership w/ childcare for my 2 youngest. Believe me, it's a stretch and we opted for that over getting a newer car with payments. But there aren't a lot of options up here in Alaska. I go first thing in the am after getting the oldest on the bus. For me, getting there is the battle. Its easy to workout once I'm there with my tennies on. Is it possible for you to schedule time in your am before kids get up to do use your gear? I'm betting if you are up and have your tennies on in front of the treadmill, you will knock some dust off of it. :) It's worth it. Plus, it gives you a bit more wiggle room in the calories and boosts your mood and energy at the start of the day to help keep you on track. :)
  • MountainMia
    Options
    Woo hooo! I'm down 6 lbs since I started. Yay! 4 lbs to go to meet my January goal. I like to break it up so It's not so overwhelming. My goal is 10lbs a month so I can be down 80 lbs by August 10th. That's my 10 year wedding anniversary and that will be the weight I was when I got married. Plus, my wedding ring should fit again, which is something I've wanted for a really long time. I'm on my way!
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Woo hooo! I'm down 6 lbs since I started. Yay! 4 lbs to go to meet my January goal. I like to break it up so It's not so overwhelming. My goal is 10lbs a month so I can be down 80 lbs by August 10th. That's my 10 year wedding anniversary and that will be the weight I was when I got married. Plus, my wedding ring should fit again, which is something I've wanted for a really long time. I'm on my way!

Great Job!
  • MsUnlucky13
    MsUnlucky13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started re-using this site a week ago yesterday. I weighed in yesterday with a 5 lb loss. Yay! I have about 75 more to go to reach my first goal so this will def take a while, but I'm in it for the long hull lol.
  • cuteness81104
    Options
    well after my mini vaca I had a small gain but gonna try out the new zumba today and add extra to my workout hopefully it falls back off quick. I feel like it is so hard since my husband is not very supportive and gets angry when I diet or make more time for working out and then complains about healthy dinners and eat junk in front of me. I am getting back into wrkout and eating rouine and too bad for him. Thinking of walking to pick my son up but it was raining when I took him so we shall see how it is in a little bit.
  • MountainMia
    Options
    Yippie! I'm donw 10 lbs! I've still got time left in the month to make it 15 for Jan! I LOVE seeing progress!
  • MountainMia
    Options
    I weighed in yesterday with a 5 lb loss.

Congrats! Tracking makes all the difference. :)
  • cuteness81104
    Options
    Glad to hear of the good results fo everyone....wish I could sa the same but Im sticing to it and hoping long term results will show
  • MountainMia
    Options
    Simple win for today. I've budgeted my calories for a naight out. I exercised and made wise choices early on so that when dinner rolls around, I can enjoy it guilt free. I'm still planning on ordering responsibly, but it's nice to feel prepared and in control, vs planning to botch or worse, not planning and just botching anyway. I've got this. THIS IS PROGRESS!!!
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed this morning. I weighed-in at the same as I did last week. I did have a very bad day on Sunday though. So, I guess I should be happy I'm not up.
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Simple win for today. I've budgeted my calories for a naight out. I exercised and made wise choices early on so that when dinner rolls around, I can enjoy it guilt free. I'm still planning on ordering responsibly, but it's nice to feel prepared and in control, vs planning to botch or worse, not planning and just botching anyway. I've got this. THIS IS PROGRESS!!!

That is awesome!!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options

keep up the good work.
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a little disappointed this morning. I weighed-in at the same as I did last week. I did have a very bad day on Sunday though. So, I guess I should be happy I'm not up.

don't give up. that should just make you stronger for next weeks weigh in. that should make you work a bit harder.
  • MountainMia
    Options
    I guess you could say I'm a perpetual optimist. When I acknowledge one of my weaknesses or complete failure, I find a way to make it positive. Today I began my habitual afternoon bingeing and instead of letting it completely morph into dinner with no accountability, I stopped, held myself accountable and made a plan to NOT botch the rest of my day. Todays success- day not botched. :)

Tomorrow is weigh-in. Let's hope my little salt/fat binge didn't botch that.