Looking for friends

Options
I've been on MFP for a couple of months and had been doing well before Christmas. Now I'm looking to get back on track and make new friends. I log on every day. I'm in my 40's (obviously) and actually enjoy exercise.

Replies

• insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm looking too. I joined in November, but did basically nothing. I'm back on the wagon now.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I joined mid-December. Please feel free to friend me. More the merrier.
  • deblevins
    Options
    joined in December, but just really started to use MFP this week. Always looking for new friends so we can take this journey together!
  • vhaze
    vhaze Posts: 1
    Options
    A friend of mine has lost 80 pounds over the last 10 months. She used My Fitness Pal to do it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I started this week & really like the app on my phone. It's so easy to enter my food & exercise! I'd love to have some contacts to stay motivated with.
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I joined in November and was doing really well with this site until Christmas hit. I put a few pounds back on but I'm working hard again to lose them. I am always looking for new friends so feel free to add me.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Hey there, add me if you'd like. I'm always looking for positive and supportive friends...:wink:
  • specman
    specman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me, need some encouragement, thanks
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Don't add me - I'm pretending to be 30 ffs!
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Open to being added by all wanting to give and offer support!
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Put 30 pounds on this last year. Gotta get it back off!
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am new and could use the support as well! :)
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm not much of a back-patter but I like seeing how everybody is doing. I usually comment with the losses and unusual things happening.
  • vadiane1
    Options
    Hello,
    I joined last week and am always looking for new friends. The ones I have gathered so far really help with encouragement so I figure the more the merrier! So i anyone would like to be friends let me know!
    Di
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -

I JUST turned 40 last Friday and am feeling every bit of it.

I'm always looking for new supporters too! Please friend me, if you'd like to support one another.

I could use all the help and kind words I can get.

Would love to share war stories with you guys.

katie
  • Ajenk13
    Options
    I understand where your coming from, being 43 my weightloss remedys I used at a younger age dont work any more. I have younger friends who do not understand this truth. I work 2 days a week at a gym and I'm working hard to get to my goal. Because I work at a gym and I'm over weight I put pressure on myself daily to look the way someone should look when they work in a gym. My weight loss has been slow and the inches decrease slower. I work out often and eat less but my body seems to be slow in progress. I have lost 10 lbs before I joined MFP in November. I have to loose 35 lbs before I'd even think about the beach. I believe what has worked for me is the fact that I have made up my mind to accomplish this goal. I dont care how slow it comes off as long as it continues to come off. It has taken me 4 years to get this fat I really cant expect to take it off in a few months. I got myself into this fatty mess and I will get myself out. On a lighter note I have a fulfilled happy life, a Mom of two young men, grandmother of an active six yr old., and a wonderful husband who tells me every day I love you the way you are, and two supportive parents. I'd love to have a few wonderful friends as well who really understand the struggle of weight.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL!!
    Don't add me - I'm pretending to be 30 ffs!
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    I added you, and i will support you...i need all the help i can get too.
  • bellaboo68
    Options
    I have had this app on my phone forever, Started yesterday.... serious..... Leaving for Cancun in 161 days, maybe that will be the motivator.
  • kessalove
    kessalove Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I sure don't feel like it should be 40 but I'm starting to look like it, I'm no longer getting carded when I go and occasionally buy my roommate's cigs and me an adult drink...it's depressing, I know that some of it's my weight and plus I'm getting the natural highlights from mother nature (grays)...
  • debtopperscakes
    Options
    Really need someone to chat to for help and advice. I really struggle with my weight and don't have any support at home. Struggle with my confidence but hope 2012 is my year to loose the weight I will do my best to offer and advice and support back if anyone can help.