Dating/Meeting People and What Not

Options
13»

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Over the past few years Ive learned one thing. I know nothing about women and quit pretending I do. Im not sure any guy really does. I never plan, because if I do, its always wrong so now I just go with the flow and go with it and have fun. two years ago I quit looking for women in bars well because lets just say ive learned that you cant shake a *kitten* tree and expect an angel to fall out so i do the online thing and meetup.com. Sometimes online is weird but it funny to read the funny thigns people message me. There are some crazy characters on there.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    I've been trying dating sites to no avail, it's the unfortunate thing, where either I'm not desirable enough, and the people who are contacting me are not desirable enough to me. So meh, I've joined a few local meetup groups a couple are singles oriented, but I'm just looking for activity stuff now. There is a wall/rock climbing event tomorrow morning that I'm going to so it should be interesting. And if nothing else, I'm getting some exercise in. lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Lacking confidence. Focusing on me and hopefully over time it'll get better and I'll be more out going
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've been trying dating sites to no avail, it's the unfortunate thing, where either I'm not desirable enough, and the people who are contacting me are not desirable enough to me. So meh, I've joined a few local meetup groups a couple are singles oriented, but I'm just looking for activity stuff now. There is a wall/rock climbing event tomorrow morning that I'm going to so it should be interesting. And if nothing else, I'm getting some exercise in. lol

I quit the online thing too. I only did it for a month or so and it was stressful!!!

I joined some new meetup groups and what do you know.. I start meeting people. I'm just looking for friends really (if it turned into something else then great!) so it's perfect.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the dating sites work. I have used okcupid a lot in the past. It has introduced me to three of my past relationships.

I am using that plus match.com. But I realized I was getting a little desperate for whatever reason and I have no need to be. So I just have my profile up on match and am not really trying as hard. I am planning to do some meetups as well to meet new people, not necessarily to date, but it'd be good to make new friends.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of dating sites and been on a couple of dates (one I wasn't ready for at all), but it is very time consuming and I don't feel like my heart is in it at the mo.
    I photographed the wedding of a couple who met on match.com, they've just had their first baby, so it does work!
    My work place is out for me, it's all a bit incestuous with much wife swapping (in some cases literally :noway: ) plus firefighters, not my cup of tea :wink:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of dating sites and been on a couple of dates (one I wasn't ready for at all), but it is very time consuming and I don't feel like my heart is in it at the mo.
    I photographed the wedding of a couple who met on match.com, they've just had their first baby, so it does work!
    My work place is out for me, it's all a bit incestuous with much wife swapping (in some cases literally :noway: ) plus firefighters, not my cup of tea :wink:

One of my coworkers, him & his fiance met on match.com. Honestly, that's why I decided to try it out. :smile:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    They're honestly an adorable couple, but sickly sweet for me, but lovely! They got themselves a honeymoon baby and everything! I shall have that one day.... Maybe :smile:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Just going with the flow for me. I have done the dating sites - they never work out. I have dated friends of friends, it never worked out. So for now I will continue to work on me and one day maybe I will meet someone.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have had no luck with dating websites. I just put myself out there and go with the flow when I meet someone.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am going with the flow and starting to reevaluate my standards. Maybe zero in on what is really important to me and be more lenient and a little less nit picky.

The best thing I ever did was to make a list of things I would not tolerate in a partner verse what I want in a partner. Now I know by the end of date one if I ever want to see them again or not.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Lol the bloody love of life has bypassed me ^^
  • ArnonsaeJ
    ArnonsaeJ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am certainly open to looking to meet someone. But, the key is now I have so much more confidence than I used to. I have dated this guy a few times that I really like, who I gave my card to on an airplane! (yes, I met him on Southwest airlines, he sat next to me). He never asked for my number, I just handed him my card and told him to contact me if he ever wanted to hang out. I have gotten three dates out of it so far. :laugh: I am still single though, trying to meet other people all the time. Just being open and putting yourself out there. Maybe next month when the gym I joined opens I can meet some people there too. :laugh:

Haha, I once exchanged numbers with a guy I sat next to on a plane once. Found out in 2 text messages he just wanted in my pants, haven't heard from him since, lol.