Pizza Tonight

Options
fitnessbugg
fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
Okay. I did this to myself. It's Friday (so I'm working) but the neighbors are coming over tonight for pizza (because they have kids and it's easy). I was just going to stop by Costco and get a couple. I need suggestions on what I should eat! Usually I'll eat the top off of one and then have a salad with chicken, but does anyone have any other more creative, quick ideas or something else I could pick up at Costco while I am there? thanks

Replies

• momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    get stuff for an amazing salad.. make boiled eggs, bacon, tomatoes. ham or turkey, olives, slivered almonds etc..and top with your favorite dressing you'll e so full and satisfied that you won't even care about the pizza
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Or make Meatza - two pounds of ground beef plus toppings. You can probably vary the toppings but I know Costco has big jars of Kalmata olives and a few choices for feta. This is yummy!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/greek-meatza-with-creamy-feta-kalamata-olives-and-red-onion/#axzz1jHZbjndN
  • fitnessbugg
    Options
    The meatza looks really great! Thanks.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/paleo-pizza-recipe-193888

i made that last night...SOOOO GOOD!!!

tastes better than "real" pizza!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Meatza is good and very filling. I would still plan on a salad or other side to go with it.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Try this pizza base next time - someone had posted it on MDA and I've used it a few times although I would say it only serves 3 adults.

The recipe:
    Feeds about 4 so plan accordingly! This recipe is high in dairy but for pizza, I will make the exception!

Ingredients:
    Crust:
    2 Cups Almond Meal/Flour (I use a bit less Almond Meal and add in some Coconut Flour)
    2 Eggs
    2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 Tsp salt

Instructions:
    1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
    2. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. This should give you a ball of “dough”. If your dough is too “mushy”, continue to add almond flour until you get a good consistency.
    3. Make a pizza sheet or baking tray non-stick. This is VERY important if you want your pizza slices to come off in one piece. (Baking Paper)
    4. Press your dough on the sheet nice and even about 1/4 inch in the middle and 1/2 inch at the edges.
    5. Put crust in the oven for 15 minutes. It should look slightly golden brown when you take it out.

Top with tomato paste with minced garlic and herbs, cooked/cured meats, vegetables/toppings and cheese of choice then back in the oven for about another 15 mins.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Personally, I find the 'meatzza' to be too much meat in a meal. I came up with a different one that suits our eating style: The Pizzabella, using portabellas as the crust.

IMG_0276.jpg

Scrape the gills out of the portabella, then fill with your favorite pizza toppings (in this case tomato sauce, fresh mozz, pepperoni and some fresh basil). Put on a cookie tray and pop in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 (or until the portabella starts to sag). You pretty much have to eat it with a fork - but it tastes like you swiped the good parts off of everybody else's slice!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Bumpin' these really great ideas - thanks guys!
  • fitnessbugg
    Options
    monkeydharma, the whole meal looks WONDERFUL!!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    This looks and I bet i delicious!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite recipe for pizzabellas:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/06/25/delicious-healthy-pizza-recipe/
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I followed a Specific Carb Diet for alitle while. I actually took my own un salted refined almonds (1 cup) and ground them in a coffee grinder. Added 1 egg and made a dough out of it...Rolled out in a personal pizza size dough and baked. Sliced tomatoes added some green peppers and chicken and baked agan..It was pretty decent.
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Google Damy Health (Amy Layne). Her site has loads of recipes using cauliflower, etc as sub carbs.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Ok, that meatza looks AMAZING. Whoever said it was too much meat is crazy. There's no such thing. :laugh: Seriously though, I'm saving that one!