Old Pictures of Ourselves

Options
Does anyone think it would be a motivator, to have people post pictures of their "old" and possibly "more healthier, better selves" on here?

I know people respond to visual queues better than just the written word.

Let me know what you think, or heck, just post an old pic of yourself on here and show us all where you want to go back being.

katie

Replies

• Gribbish
    Options
    I'm a bit phobic about pictures... I look like the crazy old mountain man in cliche'd movies :P

As a result, I have maybe 4-5 pictures of me in the last 15 years... and they're all group shots, where I am standing in the back (since I am 6'3", they always move me to be back) and between that and my bushy beard, you'd never know I was overweight from the shots.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    No worries about the pics. It was just a fleeting thought.

I don't like pictures either, I think I have maybe two in the past 20 years that I'm not terribly embarrassed about.

If you feel like posting any of them, go for it - you won't be judged, and if not, no worries at all!

Katie
  • Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Options
    This is me at 16. approx 125lbs
    045.jpg

I'm 23 now and 163lbs.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    my photo now is who i am now at my goal weight., im unsure how to post pics inside posts, but if you want to see my old pic, which scared me into being healthy in the first place, thats under my pics.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    my photo now is who i am now at my goal weight., im unsure how to post pics inside posts, but if you want to see my old pic, which scared me into being healthy in the first place, thats under my pics.

You've got a terrific smile - your SO is very lucky!

katie
  • LegzyK
    LegzyK Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love this idea...unfortunatly I only have this one handy taken about 15 years ago with my daughter...before my fatness! I'd sure like to get somewhat close to this weight again! :noway:

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=3776746012/PictureID=195919229012/a=104749378_104749378/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

now that didn't work did it? :sad:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options

katie

that's so sweet. thank you so much:wink:
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    well I was pretty much a chunk all my life so the only good pics I have are the ones now, since my life change! I'm skinnier now than in High School, skinnier than when I got married. today and the next days going foward is the best I have ever looked :D

13800327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    045.jpg

I'm 23 now and 163lbs.

Maybe because your profile pic is mostly a head shot, but I don't see much difference in your face.

You still look just as pretty.

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    well I was pretty much a chunk all my life so the only good pics I have are the ones now, since my life change! I'm skinnier now than in High School, skinnier than when I got married. today and the next days going foward is the best I have ever looked :D

13800327.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Lucky, lucky girl! Wish I was skinnier than when I was in HS or when I got married.

katie
  • Miriai
    Miriai Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get back to the weight I was when I was taking Irish dance classes. This was a picture taken a few years ago around when I was at one of my thinnest .

(I hope this works) dressupatmaxs025.jpg
  • just_a_southern_belle
    Options
    how do we add pictures in a post?
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    how do we add pictures in a post?

One way to do it (I haven't tried this yet myself)

1) Open up an account with PhotoBucket;
    2) Uploaded your pics to that site;
    3) Copy the img code and...
    4) Then paste it into the message

There may be an easier way to do it, but that's one way it was suggested to me.

Hope this helps.

katie
  • just_a_southern_belle
    Options
    oh ok. I used to have a Photobucket acct. Not sure what I ever did with it.
    Guess I could start a new one, lol.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Against my better judgment, I posted an older picture on my profile. I didn't want to go through Photobucket (too many steps for me). :yawn:

I may make it my profile pic, to give me inspiration because out of the 40 years I've been here, I think there are maybe three pictures of myself that I'm not totally embarrassed about.

Hate pictures (of myself - yuk). :sad:

katie:
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Before my weight gain:

m01a0150.jpg

hpim0410xd.jpg

After my weight gain:

dsci0008k.jpg

antwankay.jpg

Currently:

Started my weight loss journey at 260 - right now I am 245, I would like to get down to 225 or so.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I love this idea...unfortunatly I only have this one handy taken about 15 years ago with my daughter...before my fatness! I'd sure like to get somewhat close to this weight again! :noway:

http://www1.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=3776746012/PictureID=195919229012/a=104749378_104749378/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

now that didn't work did it? :sad:

You may have make sure (somehow) that the MFP site recognizes the above as a website.

Anyhow, I went there and looked - love the picture of the two of you! Is that your daughter? She's very pretty, great smile on both of you!

katie
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Before my weight gain:

m01a0150.jpg

hpim0410xd.jpg

After my weight gain:

dsci0008k.jpg

antwankay.jpg

Currently:

Started my weight loss journey at 260 - right now I am 245, I would like to get down to 225 or so.

Great pictures! The one with the kids, of course, is my favorite of all.

katie
  • Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Options
    045.jpg

I'm 23 now and 163lbs.

Maybe because your profile pic is mostly a head shot, but I don't see much difference in your face.

You still look just as pretty.

katie

Aw, thanks. :) I've got a good system of monthly progress picture is the works. will post 2 new ones on Feb. 5th
  • katiebythebay
    Options

katie

that's so sweet. thank you so much:wink:

I'm gonna follow suit - just to give myself the flipping motivation (possibly), so when I sign in, I'll see where I WANT TO BE!!!

~katie