revision foods!

Options
i don't know about everyone else but January is exam time for me :( as is May/June....so i was wondering if anyone had any nutritional tips/food ideas/recipes for revision snacks (or how not to snack when revising!) and food to keep you going and focused for exams and studying

i find blueberries really wake me up for early lectures or study sessions, and almonds as a great filler :)

Replies

• rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    eating anything helps me stay awake so i would recommend just having a lot of snacks like carrots and cucumbers and celery and what not around so you aren't tempted by all the other snacks available
  • lmcclari
    lmcclari Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find that eating throughout the day and not missing meals is a great way for me to limit my snacking. I know that if i skip breakfest and dont eat until late in the day after classes I snack so much more then if i would have ate through the day. Also, like was already mentioned, only having healthy snacks around is a trick I use when I do want to snack because as least my options for snacking are healthy ones. I like to have low-fat yogart, sugar free popsicles (which are low cal and hit that sweet tooth), vegetables and fruit.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    Light/no butter popcorn is great if you just need to munch while studying - low calorie investment considering how much you get to eat. I also like frozen berries because they kind of melt in your mouth and they're too cold to chew/swallow right away which forces you to slow down and savor them.

When it comes down to it, if you're hungry, eat, especially during this important time (just make educated food choices). Listen to your body so you can focus on your studying rather than a grumbling tummy.