How many minutes of Zumba did you do today?

2»

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    I managed 45 additional minutes last night and 30 minutes of Zumba toning today.

Good job. Do you use the Zumba sticks for the toning? I have not tried that yet.
  • jcnjsgurl
    jcnjsgurl Posts: 42 Member
    I did twenty minutes.
  • jcnjsgurl
    I managed 45 additional minutes last night and 30 minutes of Zumba toning today.

Good job. Do you use the Zumba sticks for the toning? I have not tried that yet.

Thanks ma'am. I did use the toning sticks. They are ok, I just feel like I should have a heavier weight. I won't do it because I am prone to trying to do too much, too soon and then injuring myself. I haven't tried the Zumba Sentado (sp?) I have to look and see if I can do it without the chair.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    I am not sure what Sentado Zumba is. I, also, found that the toning sticks weighed too little. Mine are only 1 pound but 2 pound ones can be purchased. We incorperate weights with major arm toning in our Zumba class. I decided to use their weights and am sticking to between 2 and 3 pounds.

I had a full hour of Zumba last night (Jan 12). Burned almost 300 calories.
  • jcnjsgurl
    Awesome Swissmiss on your hour workout! I've been lazy the past several days but have still managed to do a little bit of Zumba. As for what I thought was Zumba Sentado is actually Zumba Sentao. I use the workout dvds mostly and Zumba Sentao is what appears to me to be Zumba strength training using your body and a chair.

As for the Zumba toning sticks I wonder if it's best to go with light ones as opposed to heavier weights. I have a 5 lb shake weight and was thinking of borrowing my dad's so I could have 2 shake weights. At first it doesn't seem like that should be a bad idea, but then again...

My Zumba workout today is pending, I am aiming for 45 minutes after work tonight. I may not bother though because I have a Zumba class early in the morning. Sleep sounds...better to me right now.

Happy Zumba-ing everybody!
  • None today, did an hour's class Saturday & plan to do an hour on Cardio Party tomorrow
  • ABaggett2010
    ABaggett2010 Posts: 33 Member
    I do Zumba twice a week....so that's usually 100 mins a week :) usually burn around 550 for 50mins according to zumbacalories.com
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Bought zumba 2 for the wii tonight!! Fun fun!