DAY 6/7

Options
Happy weekend MLP'ers! How did your weekend go? Mine went awesome, despite it being ridiculously cold here. I went out for a hike yesterday but there was too much snow and ice and we didn't have our snowshoes with us. Booo! A great workout today, so yay for that!

Let's hear from you all!

Replies

• RyePod
    RyePod Posts: 8
    Options
    Well done for braving the cold!

This weekend went well, didn't deviate from my set calories and started some new strength exercises (chair dips!) as I didn't feel like my arms were getting enough attention. I have been doing lots of crunches but not feeling that tell tale ache in my muscles that lets me know I am working out enough...

Unrelated to physical health, the opportunity to work my dream job popped up this weekend! As a undergraduate research assistant. I want this so badly, so have been working like crazy on perfecting my academic CV and cover letter to get my skills and enthusiasm across. I'm trying to put all my positive energy into achieving this goal because it could really change my life and give me so many opportunities, fingers crossed I get it!

Back to health/well being and I made a goal board using a cheap white board and hung it up. Just listed some things I'd like to complete every day this week (exercise, log calories, read for different classes, attend all classes) so that I can get the satisfaction of ticking them off when completed. If I achieve over 80% ticks then I will treat myself to some new headphones (my current ones only work in one ear!)

Hoping this will keep me motivated!

Anyone else have tips and tricks to tackling procrastination and general laziness?
  • BwanaSplit
    Options
    Good luck with the job! If you haven't already read it I'd recommend "Switch" by Chip and Dan Heath (http://www.heathbrothers.com/switch/) - gives a real good insight into what motivates people, and the ways you can make it easier to succeed.
  • BwanaSplit
    Options
    I've had a great week - was under my calorie goal six days out of seven, and for the first time in my life I exercised seven days straight, walking at least 30 minutes and a full yoga workout.

My goal for the week is to keep momentum and not push myself too hard - I don't want to burn out. So, I'll resist the temptation to add in extra exercise, or to try and cut my calories further, and instead I will continue at the same level of intensity. When I've got one month of exercise and eating right under my belt I'll start pushing (gently).