Hi guys!

Options
I've been on the BFC for 6 months and love this way of eating. I just recently started using MFP for tracking in an effort to atone for my holiday sins :). How are you all liking the plan?

Replies

• sthompson0214
    sthompson0214 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just started back on the BFC on Tuesday. I had tried it a couple years back and was only on it for like two weeks because I then found out I was pregnant with my second...and well to me pregnancy = free for all...LOL.

I'm surprised I've only lost 1.4 lbs since Tuesday which I know is actually a great weight loss but the last time I lost 5 lbs in two days...which I know is ridiculous and would be put back on immediately as soon as I started eating carbs/sugars again. So, I'm okay with losing at a more "normal" rate, just wondering why it's different. I'm doing everything the same as when I did last time and I weighed about the same as when I started it last time????

That's great you've been doing it for 6 months. How much have you lost on it? What have you found to eat that "satifies" you? Salty/sweet? I am a huge sweet eater so I struggle with that. I have found a nice little alternative to help curb my sweet tooth. I mix cocoa in ricotta cheese and add Truvia. It's pretty good.
  • LoTRFangirl
    Options
    Hi! Congratulations for restarting. For me, this is the most painless eating program I have tried. Weight loss is not quick, but it is slow and steady. I can't believe how many years it took me to figure out sugar has been my biggest problem. I live in Germany, do I can't get a lot of the specialty foods in the book. On the plus side, most food here has less added sugar and there are literally dozens of whole grain breads that fit into the program. I spent so long dieting the Atkins way, that this eating plan feels absolutely decadent. :)

Don't focus on comparing with the last time you tried the BFC. You have a solid loss that is sustainable. Your Truvia snack sounds great....I'm going to have to smuggle some back next time I make it home for a visit. I have been enjoying the cauliflower crust pizza listed in one of the books (I think) and on several blogs I follow. Tasty and very filling!!
  • lovelymamu
    Options
    I just pulled up some of the cauliflower pizza crust recipes to try. Which one do you use?
  • LoTRFangirl
    Options
    Hi, I got it off Amber's blog (Rosie's has one too; I think they are the same). Once you learn how to make the crust you can completely customize the toppings. I often make whit pizza with garlic and fontina cheese, a big all greens salad with oil and vinegar dressing and a glass of my favourite red wine. It is really yummy.
  • lovelymamu
    Options
    Perfect! Thanks!
  • Eporter727
    Eporter727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, back, just bought the book, heard some good things and am starting tomorrow. Looks doable and I've been a sugar and carb addict for far too long. This may be the ticket. :-)
  • LoTRFangirl
    Options
    It is far less restrictive than it appears. I suggest starting off with st least 1 week of the menu plans in the book. Then you don't have to count and it is harder to mess up. All the recipes I tried were really good.
  • LoLoLaBangBang
    LoLoLaBangBang Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome Eporter727! My Mum started doing it with me last week, also a serious carb and sugar addict, and she is finding it really easy and quite enjoyable.
  • pricer15
    pricer15 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been do this for almost two weeks. The first week I lost about 4 pounds. My biggest challenge is making the time to plan ahead. I use MFP to calculate my menu the night before so I'm not trying to do it on the fly. The biggest thing I miss is being able to have a piece of fruit for a snack. 1/3 cup blueberries or 1/2 cup strawberries just doesn't do it for me. I can only fit in one fruit a day. :cry:
  • Kimberlee05
    Kimberlee05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    pricer15~I am with you. I do miss my fruit. I do save some of my sugars and a carb to eat 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple. I could eat WAY more but I need to have my fav. fruit so I stick with the 1/2 cup.

Okay I have a question. Sprite Zero has aspartame(sp) in it. I know it is listed in his book S/C counter book. Is it okay to drink it with that aspartame in it??? I thought it was one to stay away from. If I can have it then that would be awesome. Sprite is my drink of choice and the sprite zero is so good so I feel like I am drinking my sprite. LOL

I am starting my second week and so far I have lost almost 7 pounds. That is just crazy!!! I mean I don't feel deprived and I am actually losing. This is just awesome. I hope it never stops until I reach my goal.
  • LoLoLaBangBang
    LoLoLaBangBang Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberlee05. Amber's post here might help with that
    http://www.meandjorge.com/2010/02/weigh-in-week-15-ch-2-and-artificial.html
  • Kimberlee05
    Kimberlee05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thank you loadele. I am having trouble with it. When I go there it wont let me scroll down and then it goes blank. It is only those to I click on. I will keep trying though. Thanks for the info. :smooched:
  • brynandmaddie
    brynandmaddie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started BFC last Monday so tomorrow is my official weigh-in. As of this morning, I'm down 6.4 pounds, which is wonderful. This is a great way of eating for me as I can still have everything I like, but some things require more moderation than others. I also don't go crazy on cheese or mayo just because it is a 0/0. Definitely finding that I don't have strong cravings like before. The biggest problem is going to be the artificial sweeteners. I adore my coke zero. I know I have to let it go but for me, it's baby steps right now.