1 million kilo challenge!

Options
shauna121211
shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
Hey guys! I'm sure you've seen the ads and if you haven't I'm sure you will! Australia is hosting a weight loss initiative called the 1 Million Kilo Challenge: http://www.1millionkilochallenge.com.au/home

I've started a team called "My Fitness Pals" so join up and join the team! Let's drop those kilos! :)

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in! =D
  • ChristophHewett
    ChristophHewett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that sees this as a marketing ploy for Biggest Loser advertisers?

Run by TEN in conjunction with NOVA & Women's Day, "Supported" by Yoplait, Sanitarium, Jenny Craig, Bupa and Optimum Dog Food.
    If you're happy to be sold all that, go for it.
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    Am I the only one that sees this as a marketing ploy for Biggest Loser advertisers?

Run by TEN in conjunction with NOVA & Women's Day, "Supported" by Yoplait, Sanitarium, Jenny Craig, Bupa and Optimum Dog Food.
    If you're happy to be sold all that, go for it.

I'm doing a similar 8 week challenge with weighitup.com.au. I can't do the meals, but I sure as heck can and have used the exercise programs they have. Videos etc. It's awesome. :)
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm sure you've seen the ads and if you haven't I'm sure you will! Australia is hosting a weight loss initiative called the 1 Million Kilo Challenge: http://www.1millionkilochallenge.com.au/home

I've started a team called "My Fitness Pals" so join up and join the team! Let's drop those kilos! :)

Shauna. My application is pending. Permission to come aboard? :)
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've signed up & am awaiting approval :-)

Anything for added motivation !!
  • Rydell86
    Rydell86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've joined up for this today but will probably be in a team with a few other friends.

Chris, I do see where you're coming from, but I think anything that can help, even if it is just a blatant plug for TBL, is a good thing.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Just approved everyone!

I'm sorry you don't like the marketing aspect of this challenge, however you must understand how marketing works? In order for anything like this to happen, they need sponsors! Perhaps you have been "sold" to myfitnesspal... they host ads on their website after all! It costs nothing to sign up for this so I don't see your big aversion to the marketing involved. You're surrounded by marketing everywhere, it's part of life!

Any initiative to make people more healthy is a great initiative in my opinion!
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    Couldn't agree more Shauna!

And so what if it is identical to the Biggest Loser....we can't all be on the show, so why not do it from the comfort of our own homes?

I joined a little while ago, there was another MFP group that I joined I think.
  • danielnoble
    Options
    Ive joined too, hoping to get my wife on board as well
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    i've already registered. will try and see if i can be added to your group. i have also joined the special k one. I love the recipes i got from it. a nice change to our usual menu and it was free to join. I mostly only use it for the evening meal recipes.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Found You. now awaiting your approval.:heart:
  • shauna121211
    Options
    added!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Thank You. Can't wait to see what is ahead for us.
  • thepegasus
    thepegasus Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    awaiting approval :)
  • Rydell86
    Rydell86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else checked out the recipes they released today? Yummo!
  • Omi_16
    Omi_16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would have thought this would have been very much in competition with Michelle Bridges' 12 Week Body Transformation, which I completed last year and looks very similar to the 1 Million Kilo Challenge. Except the 12WBT cost $199. I was also surprised about Jenny Craig being on board, because if you know how to calorie count and cook healthy food for yourself, you won't need Jenny Craig either! Anyway, I think anything that gets people moving and eating well is a good thing.