BEST BREAKFAST EVER!

Options
AScheif
AScheif Posts: 157 Member
Okay so I wanted to share with you guys what I think is the best breakfast ever! It's the breakfast I have been eating as part of my meal plan and it is soo good and so filling! The best part is you can make them before hand and then pop them in the toaster in the morning if you are on the go, or need something quick! Let me know if you like them!

Oatmeal Pancakes

1/2 cup whole grain oats
4 egg whites
capful of vanilla
5 or 6 chopped pecans or walnuts whichever you prefer
1/2 cup fruit (I use banana)

Mix all these ingredients in a blender, then cook on a no stick surface like a pancake (approx 4 minutes the 1st side, 2 the other). You can either make it into one giant pancake or a few little ones, but this amount is a serving for 1 person... and its is filling!!

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump....i have all these ingredients at home, may have to try :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    That sounds good especially since I now have way too much oatmeal in my house - dam Walmart "multi-buys"!

The only concern I have is the cals, its 281 when I plugged it in. 300 is good for breakfast but it will take some getting used to since I'm used to <150 with my beloved All Bran, mmmm!

I'm going to try freezing a couple, see what happens when they are reheated. I'm going to go powerwalk over lunch to get some egg whites now.
  • AScheif
    Options
    That sounds good especially since I now have way too much oatmeal in my house - dam Walmart "multi-buys"!

The only concern I have is the cals, its 281 when I plugged it in. 300 is good for breakfast but it will take some getting used to since I'm used to <150 with my beloved All Bran, mmmm!

I'm going to try freezing a couple, see what happens when they are reheated. I'm going to go powerwalk over lunch to get some egg whites now.

Yes Like I said it is filling! But its is all good calories, and its a good breakfast to kickstart your day! I have frozen mine and then reheated them in the toaster and they have been delish!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,008 Member
    Options
    it looks a lot like the dukan oat bran pancake everyone talks about on dukan threads....so, yes, I expect it is filling AND yummy!

Nicely done!
  • AlexEconomics
    Options
    Plus the medical community has a major crush on oats right now. They're great for your heart and a million other things. How do you store these? Waxed paper?
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i am definitely going to try this!! great post!
  • AScheif
    Options
    Plus the medical community has a major crush on oats right now. They're great for your heart and a million other things. How do you store these? Waxed paper?

I keep 3 to 4 days worth in the fridge either wrapped in tinfoil or in a container... then the ones I put in the freezer I store in a freezer Ziploc bag wtih waxed paper inbetween so I can pull one out at a time :)
  • EmIsabel
    Options
    Delicious. I made these yesterday! I was so surprised how well they turned out.
  • AScheif
    Options
    Delicious. I made these yesterday! I was so surprised how well they turned out.

I am glad you like them! I love them so much! They are also a great thing to take on the road if you need!
  • EmIsabel
    Options
    Definitely agree!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Definately going to try these!!
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing I'm in!
  • slocean
    Options
    this sounds great! can i use a whole egg?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I may have to try these!! I need "on the go" breakfast foods! Thanks!
  • AScheif
    Options
    this sounds great! can i use a whole egg?

If you are trying to eat clean eggs whites is best, especially because you have to use 4 of them.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    So I finally made these yesterday. My husband actually had them for dinner and he loved them!! He put maple syrup on them, but still loved them :smile: I had a serving this morning for breakfast and made 3 small pancakes with the serving and I could only eat 2 of them. I am going to try to eat the other one as a mid morning snack, but I'm still not feeling hungry. You weren't kidding when you said they were filling!!! I definitely liked them, but eating them every day may be a challenge, but maybe if I use a different fruit that would help to switch it up! Thanks again for the recipe!
  • AScheif
    Options
    I am glad you like them! Yes definitely switch up your fruit it adds a different taste!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,008 Member
    Options
    Are "whole grain oats" different than "quick oats"?

(I expect this sounds like a dumb question. It probably is a dumb question!)

I've seen "steel cut oats" - and I own "quick oats", but I need to figure out if I should leave the "quick oats" for the kids (and nanny's baking!) and go find the right ones!