I started this journey walking...slowly!

Options
SisterC
SisterC Posts: 121 Member
In January 2009 I was only able to walk around in my house...several loops around the dining table, then working my way up to using Leslie's walking dvds...fantastic! I think I now own most of her dvds and am able to walk for miles. I try to walk 4-5 miles a day now. How about you?

Replies

• HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That is great! Wow! I aspire to 3 miles right now.
    I am walking 1-2 miles per day and feeling good.
    My body has a few issues so I have to really stretch to get rid of pain.
    But, I feel mentally better and sleep better.
    Just started so all the benefits have yet to kick in.
    So glad to meet you and hear your inspirational story!
    Keep walking!
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When I first started walking I would just walk 1 mile and then gradually increased to 4 miles. Whether its general walking outside, around the mall or popping in a DVD. I still feel winded at times but I never gave up. I just keep going. The walking (I believe) has helped my bipolar and depression subsided.
  • mwaderich
    Options
    I think you have a Great Attitude and that helps alot! Congrats on your walking and keep up the good work! I am startin out slow at first Id just walk 1 mile then 2 now I am up to 3 and on a good day i can do 4. Keep up the good work!
  • farmerted322
    Options
    I'm doing three most days(i do the dvds and try to get outside when it's not to cold) and I'v started to add strenght training, which I'm really bad about added when I do it.

Kathy
  • rosalang
    rosalang Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i started using leslie sansone dvds as i have problems exercising and its the only dvd ive found i can do. because of 2 hip replacements exercise is limited but am finding i can walk a lot better now. 2 years ago i couldnt even walk down my drive and now can do a lot better on good days.
    being in the uk i found it hard to get a leslie sansone dvd that would play on my computer but have 2 now , walk away your waistline and 2 mile walk and i love them
    does anyone know of any other good walking dvds that are low impact