New group member

Options
Hi! I was really happy to find this group. I went through my big weightloss for 2 years ago, losing 21 kilos, about 45 pounds. I started jogging to keep the weight off and did my first stockholm marathon last summer. It was a killer( could barly move for 6 weeks)so decided to stick to halv marathon and did my first one last fall, Stockholm as well! It was really fun. I have gained a little since then so i decided to follow myfitnesspal so I lose my excess 10 pounds before my Barcelona halv marathon in February

My goal is to run at least one half marathon a year, in different cities in Europe to start with since I live here! Anyone else that have set interesting marathon goals?

Replies

• katiestemp
    katiestemp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you did a marathon!!

I'm new to this group too. I would like to run my first half this year but we'll see. I've only been running for about a year, usually about 3 miles at a time. I've got a couple longer races I'm entering this year, (with just the goal of finishing!) I'm ready to step up my game! :)

That's a really cool goal you have to run in the different cities. You will rock it!
  • queenblomberg
    Options
    Thanks,

I started out like you, and you kind get hooked.......-)

A hlav will be no problem for you, the first time my goal was just to get through it, didn´t care much about the time. And with all the people running you just get so inspired. Found a couple of friends that I talked to, looking for each other just to keep pace!

Good luck to you too!
  • Katemorling
    Katemorling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and girls,

I'm new to this group as well. I'm hoping to run the Isle of Wight (UK - just moved here) half marathon in August this year, with a few shorter goals inbetween, including a 10mile in Feb.

I ran a 10km back home in Australia last year and I'm definately hooked and keen on creating bigger and better goals.

I think the idea of doing HM's across Europe is brilliant - great goal.

Ive been using the Nike for ipod system to track my runs and have found it great - really motivating. I dont have the shoes, just sticky taped the sensor in behind my shoelaces. Are you guys using any form of running tracker etc? I find the MyFitnessPal fantastic.

Good luck all!!
  • ktweldon3
    ktweldon3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you have the Nike ipod, there are generic sensor pouches you can buy, run $8 in the US. Just ask your athlethic shoe store about them and I'm sure they have them in stock. Very handy then you don't have to rely on the stikcy tape!
  • Katemorling
    Katemorling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks ktweldon3, I will have to have a look into this. The sticky tape thing is working fine so far but I am worried that it will come off when I'm not paying attention!
  • queenblomberg
    Options
    Thanks for all the good advice, I do need something to track and record all my runs?
  • queenblomberg
    Options
    Hi!

Your welcome to come and run stockholm halv marathon in sept/okt it is a stunning run, and really really fun!

Desiree